Option to change Legendary Dog

Teerav

I would like to see an option to change our Legendary Dog. I see something like this added to the game:

Talk to an NPC that confirms you would like to trash your current Legendary Dog. It must be in your party when you talk to him. You would then re-select which Legendary would you like to catch and need to defeat the specific Guardian. (Essentially reset catching it as if killing it then defeating Nikola.)

For a long time I've regretted my decision selecting Entei as my Legendary Dog. Honestly, I can't know why I choose it or even when! But when I did, I do know I was very naive to the strategy of competitive pokemon. Now that I know more, I wish I would have chosen differently. But why wait until now to suggest it?

I believe in the past, this option would have been subject to abuse. -- Continue to change legendary until you got something OP. -- With the addition of rerolls, the fear of abuse is much less threatening.

From the outside looking in, I wasn't sure if the technology was there. Honestly, I was just excited a new legendary was introduced at all. If I suggested this, I feared it would just be added to the "we dont really have the time or ability to code this." But now with the option to renew trashed Legendarys, I feel the technology could be here... (?) Perhaps now is the correct time to ask.

• Like 1
E6W75Tu.png

+1 also with every paired legends,like Azelf Uxie Mesprit.Totally agreed.

Ah yes, good point. Personally I wasnt thinking about this since by the time I reached this pairing I knew more about the game. However, the same concept totally applies.

E6W75Tu.png

• 2 months later...

There is no need.

As to why this isn't needed, I will explain soon enough

• Like 1

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.