Weather settings / Team Preview / Volt-switch and U-turn

Belzebel

Hello, I would like to suggest the weather setters to work like in Showdown where slower pokemon dominates the weather. For example, in a battle where Torkoal and Pelipper are leading, Torkoal would dominate with drought since it is slower.

For team preview, I wanted it to be coded since PRO is trying to work like Showdown by nerffing Talonflame and banning Dugtrio. If we don't know the enemy team has a Volcarona, we will pretty much get swept as soon as they get momentum, no matter how well you play.

And Volt-switch and U-turn working like in Showdown would just make battles a lot more fun and less stally. Also, unbanning Arena Trap and adding team preview would make it fair too.

Thank you,

There's no lemon pie left.

Edited by Belzebel
  • Like 4
sign2.png

Agreed. This should've been the focus before a Gen 7 update if you ask me. Maybe if this stuff is coded, we can stop using Showdown as the format of choice for Ladder Tournaments and other PvP-related events.

• Like 2

In a perfect world, it would nice if PRO worked exactly like showdown since there all moves, abilities, and pokemon are coded. However, I understand that is not achievable in a realistic timeframe. Because of this, any reasoning label with "because thats how it is in showdown" should be immediately dismissed". Which is why I agree Arena Trap should be unbanned. Along with Speed Boost Blaziken as well, for example.

I think its important to separate changes that are rule based and things that are based on coding to help establish realistic goals and requests. And it would be nice to hear from staff on the viability of what can realistically be coded and what can not. For example, can team preview be coded in PRO? If yes, how much work would this involve? If the answer is yes and a long time, then it would be nice to have that communicated to PRO so we stop spamming "add team preview now!" Versus "unban Arena Trap" which is a matter of change a few sentences and making an announcement, but still understanding the thought process that goes into making that change (discussions, voting, whatever.)

Walross's coding will so be able to inform the community with what is most played in ranked pvp, etc. I believe this tool can help influence decisions for ranked pvp rules. If teams that are primary used for stalling dominate the ranked ladder, it would be health for PRO to introduce pokemon, alter rules, or code new things that help counter balance them.

• Like 2
E6W75Tu.png