Minimum IV's for pvp

Dualoud

Hi,

I'm quite new to pvp in pokemon so sorry if my question looks dumb but i wonder how important are IV's when i see prices of pokemons vary from one to double for an increase of 4-5 points in IV's ?

I mean does it really matter on a scale of 300 stat points ?

I mean most of the time, the pokemon with the highest base speed will be the fastest so 25 speed or 31 speed, does it really makes à difference or is it just about over-optimization ?

For example, is a 27 SPD/27 SPA Greninja good enough ?

Oh and btw side question, i read somewhere (can't find it back tho) that dugtrio and and blaziken are banned. Is it the case for ranked only or casual PvP too ?

Thx :)

-

Hey there DuaLoud,

to sum it up shortly, yes they do matter to some degree for certain Pokemon.

If we take as an example Weavile or Gengar. They all are both are generally played with 31IV's in speed, if you are playing ranked PVP in 9/10 cases the opponents Gengar/Weavile will be at maximum speed. If you have a Weavile with 30IVs in speed and your opponent has one with 31 IVs in speed, you will 100% every Speed-battle but if you both have the same IV's then it's a speed-tie (50% you win/lose).

I personally aim for +24 in all stats and maximum speed on all my offensive Pokemon, defensive Pokemon generally are good with +24 in everything.

I mean most of the time, the pokemon with the highest base speed will be the fastest so 25 speed or 31 speed, does it really makes à difference or is it just about over-optimization ?

As I said, it is more about speed-ties and outspeeding certain speed-tiers. :)

It should be if it has its Hidden Ability, has a Naive nature and has HP fire (not sure if you can have Hidden Power fire with an odd speed IV)

Oh and btw side question, i read somewhere (can't find it back tho) that dugtrio and and blaziken are banned. Is it the case for ranked only or casual PvP too ?

Dugtrio is banned, Blaze Blaziken is allowed, Speed Boost Blaziken is banned

Hope that clears some things up for you.

Kind regards,

Q8

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm quite new to pvp in pokemon so sorry if my question looks dumb but i wonder how important are IV's when i see prices of pokemons vary from one to double for an increase of 4-5 points in IV's ?

Thx :)

I want to add that price can pass to simple to double just for some IVs, not only for the utility on PVP (sometimes having 25 atk or 31 atk will never change something, depends all the match up of the PKM, it's pretty hard to really know it). In fact, in practice, some IVs changes almost nothing but between a Gengar with 29 and an other one with 31 SPATK, everybody will pick the 31 SPATK, more players will want it, so it will impact the price. One stat can change everything: the SPD, it can make you outspeed or be outspeed and totally changes a battle.

But also, because of the rarity of IVs, i did a guide about it: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/61149-url

The thing to know is IVs rarity is not a lineary system, more close to exponential system. It means, imagine you have to use 1 hour to pass to 100 IVs to 101 IVs (random number just to give an idea), but to pass to 150 IVs to 151 IVs you will not use 1 hour but 100 hours of farm (it's not exactly like this but this image can help to understand the impact of this system). It's why just for some IVs the price increases a lot.

On the market, the price rarely follow a exponential system, because of the utility value on PVP, it's hard to pay millions more just for 1 IVs more, so the price on market is a mix between the rarity on IVs and the utility value on PVP; at least in theory xD in practice it follows more the wind direction with the fashion (if an influencer uses Pikachu in a PVP Video, more players will want Pikachu), so the price will be affected by this new demand if the offer doesn't follow; and also by the total amount of money in the economy that can affect a lot the market. In final, it's pretty random xD , and it's why nobody can price check a PKM.

Server : Gold - Name : Kaminokage - Guild : FrenchConnexion

15b3f2a0801769846fa2e82efb7e6e5e.png

Ex-member of the Chaos on Silver

My personnal shop : https://tinyurl.com/y8bbuoq9

Also keep in mind that if your pokemon have low speed ivs they will also get outspeeded by other pokemon in the same speed tier. For example your Greninja will get outspeeded by Alakazam if you have less than 27 speed ivs. If you have 28+ then you will always beat Alakazam unless it has a speed boosting item. Things like that cqn decide the outcome of battles so that's why high speed mons tend to cost much more.

poppy.png

ooM1kqT