Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long read, couldn't help it when a opportunity like this occurs to make a difference:).

Restrictions for bosses

- No megas anymore.

- Disagree, I think if there should be a mega on a boss team it should reflect on the character has their signature poke i.e. Misty and Brock with their Mega Gyarados and Steelix respectively. A special animation for a signature poke will be cool as well. Just spit balling as I go along, Fair warning given^^.

- A maximum of 2 legendary Pokemon.

- Agreed.

- A maximum of 1 shiny or form Pokemon.

- Agreed, still with the new animation or something along those lines just to up the anti a little bit. However short it may be.

- No guaranteed shiny rewards anymore.

- Disagree. Progressive Economy Structure?? Will be tackling the chosen economy module for this game (or lack thereof) in my up coming post.

- Teams have to be discussed with testers.

- Agreed.

- Remove all PVP Coin items from boss rewards.

- No. Will elaborate a bit later has you read on.

- Every boss needs custom messages that have character.

- Agreed. Doesn't always have to inspirational or overall cheerful when the player has won/loss. Spiteful/meme'd in victory or defeat is welcomed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Possible template

There are 3 difficulty levels:

Easy: Pokemon have no EVs.

Medium: 252 EVs on all Pokemon.

Hard: 400 EVs on all Pokemon, you can't use items.

- Should this module be employed, I disagree on removing items for being the solution to make the aspect of a boss fight harder when there are poke types, team ordering, & move-countering-movesets to be exploited. Also critical hit is a thing with 400evs backing up a team of 6 pokes.

- 400 EVs is excessive. We faint pokes, not murder.

- Not every match should be a speed issue where we are forced to bring a team of tanks to take a hit and then retaliate.

- Also, Reasoning for advocating for items: Pulling of a comeback is a greater gaming experience than seeing my bank capitol rise. Suck it Cynthia and your legendary team can bite me. Yeah, thats battle tower, but it's the feels I am trying to convey.

- All Pokemon have the best possible natures and abilities.

- Correct nature, but random abilities

- All Pokemon have 31 IVs and are level 100.

- I say IV's of "21+ - 31" & "25+ - 31," are to be assigned to bosses based on how high their ranking is known to be. Kinda adds a new dimensional view on boss's achievements has being characters. With randomized IVs across all poke's stats for all of the bosses within a range of being a better trainer/elitist then the next boss. Feels less mechanical facing a perfect IV boss computer team and more of a accomplished trainer/elite/boss.

- Medium and Hard have held items.

- Only for higher tier bosses as stated from the idea and principles from above. Find a new solution for medium bosses.

- Easy doesn't give a win for the third-win reward.

- Disagree. Simple Module to follow here: "If low payout and no specific boss reward = No incentive to vs boss." A boss with no 3rd time reward and low payout will just be stagnating and waste of coding. Also a quote from -[uSER=2014378] StarkV[/uSER]: "Some people don't like to hunt for hours and just try their luck at bosses to get synced pokemon." -Agreed

- You have to be the region champion to challenge the boss chosen

- Agreed. The hours requirements needs be abolished. Current state of the game is either one of two things: If you can't/don't want to PVP > Vs bosses > if you don't meet requirements > do PVP. We are grinding either way for pokes and teams in the long run not for empty hours to play some content. This was a disaster of a mistake to have been upheld for so long. Aspects of fun/content shouldn't be locked out to a player based on something we are not in control off. However, regional locks are most welcomed in my opinion, and locks of the same nature where it takes effort and progression (instead of racking up empty hours) to gain access to new content is always fulfilling.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rewards are split in 3 tiers:

Tier 1: 5-10x Focus Sash, 5-10x Weakness Policy, 5-10x Air Balloon, 5-15x Lum Berry, 5-10x Sitrus Berry

Tier 2: 5-10x PP Up, 3-8x Rare Candy, 1x Small Train Ticket, Corphish Egg

Tier 3: 1x Gible Egg, 1x Dratini Egg, 1x Bunnelby Egg, 1x Scyther Egg

- Its a strong NO for all 3 tiers including to have tier prizes. Check the following posts on this thread by the following users - [uSER=539874] envymeister,[/uSER] [uSER=1651359]Fhil,[/uSER] [uSER=1486314]Simlacsek,[/uSER][uSER=1936569] BakBeast,[/uSER][uSER=1942050] MrHugglesworth,[/uSER][uSER=771659] Madara,[/uSER] [uSER=2014378]StarkV,[/uSER][uSER=701519] Judgement,[/uSER] @Derpro[uSER=1531385], Darkvader[/uSER][uSER=2066782], Lordmitico[/uSER]

- which continue to elaborate on points that are worth reading again

Easy: 85% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 5% for tier 3 rewards, 5-10k money reward.

Medium: 80% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 10% for tier 3 rewards, 5-26k money reward, +2 PvE Coins.

Hard: 60% chance for tier 1, 25% for tier 2 and 15% for tier 3 rewards, 20-40k money reward, +4 PvE Coins.

-Chance, slight chance, & very rare occurance for a tier 1 drop is a straight NO. Keep bosses and rewards prestige.

- Im gonna quote[uSER=242958] hahahaka[/uSER] on this one: "medium boss only 5-26k? you even have a chance to get just 5k from them?"

- Concerning the overall buff to cash as stated in few of the comments: Honestly, Nobody should be forced to play all of the bosses. Main reason is sometimes not having a team to beat a boss, or we do have a team and the boss doesn't payout well. Players will still gravitate to what they think is feesable for them to do within progression of the game. Instead of slaving away to a forced module. Keep the current module of certain bosses having low/medium/high cash rewards.

- Third-win rewards let you choose a reward from tier 3.

- No requirements to fight bosses anymore other than reaching the maps where the bosses are.

- Addressed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading, peace out.

Edited by Bunnystar
  • Like 4

Shiny Squad Beatdown by Quanbae^^https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_AWM9CKXMA

well...i didn't like it, the only place you get to see megas and some legends is in a boss battle, if you take them out...and then again, boss battle aren't broken because their untrained pokes, but because ppl use the same pokes for a garanteed win against them (slowbro, blissey, snorlax, seaking), put more mixed attackers to beat these pokes, and pls fix the dumb npcs AI...if a move didn't worked on the first try, make them use another one. Using thunder punch forever against a Seaking just because of his type is horrible, predictable...banning seaking because of boss AI...really? Psycho cut until a slowbro get max calm mind is worse etc. Things like that will not change with their pokes holding items or not, and even if works we will continue to see only the same tanker pokes on those battles.

Edited by Yagato

This doesn't give me a motivation to fight the boss, those rewards i can get from hunting, but why I hav to fight the boss to get their eggs?

Since BOSS not giving PVP items, so, is PRO now encouraging PVP?

OR is PRO trying to make PVE coins more valuable?

• Like 3

I Personally think some of these ideas are good but some are just... BAD

For e.g :- (1)- if i defeat a boss at hard level (400 evs+best nature and item+ ability 0-0 ) i still only have 15% chance for tier 3 reward

And what are the tier 3 rewards(20-40k Not good enough for me, and eggs... How am i gonna sync eggs xd)

(2) I Think it is time that a boss has some rewards from shop (not pvp shop) e.g:- bms,small ms, etc

-1 Sorry

• Like 1

Restrictions for bosses

- No megas anymore.

No, i think all boss should have a Mega Evolution ! They are boss, they should be experiemented players. But i want to see a better diversity in Mega

- A maximum of 2 legendary Pokemon.

For me legendary pokemon, should be usable by boss or players.

- A maximum of 1 shiny or form Pokemon.

Yes, its a nice idea and why not use some event pokemon ? ( Halloween Raichu, Xmas Pokemon, Valentin Pokemon or easter togepi ? )

- No guaranteed shiny rewards anymore.

Totally agree, i never understand this things. it destroyed the Shiny economy.

- Teams have to be discussed with testers.

Agree

- Remove all PVP Coin items from boss rewards.

Euh, i think PVP coin items should be all added to boss like choice items. New player don't want to do 50 wins in battle to get an items. They aren't a lot of seller on servers Gold.

- Every boss needs custom messages that have character.

Nice idea !

Possible template

There are 3 difficulty levels:

Easy: Pokemon have no EVs.

Medium: 252 EVs on all Pokemon.

Hard: 400 EVs on all Pokemon, you can't use items.

=> i don't know if i understand correctly but we are able to choose the difficulty of the boss when we fight him ? Or bosses will be separate in 3 categories ? The first idea seems to be the best.

- All Pokemon have 31 IVs and are level 100.

- Medium and Hard have hold items.

- All Pokemon have the best possible natures and abilities.

- Easy doesn't give a win for the third-win reward.

- You have to be the region champion to challenge the boss.

its okay for me, except the thrid-win reward, i think that if you do 3 times in easy lvl, you should be able to get an extra tier 1 reward, but only tier 1.

Rewards are split in 3 tiers:

Tier 1: 5-10x Focus Sash, 5-10x Weakness Policy, 5-10x Air Balloon, 5-15x Lum Berry, 5-10x Sitrus Berry

Tier 2: 5-10x PP Up, 3-8x Rare Candy, 1x Small Train Ticket, Corphish Egg

Tier 3: 1x Gible Egg, 1x Dratini Egg, 1x Bunnelby Egg, 1x Scyther Egg

Totally disagreed with all rewards. Really bosses who give berries :ChikoritaWTF:? It is hard to give advices about reward when we don't know what is an egg Pokemon ? Could we do in futur Omelette ? I think this is the most way to destroy the boss. i'm not going to do 42 boss to get that rewards. Sorry but only Rare Candy and Small train ticket are interested for me.

I think it should be 4 tier for reward,

Tier 1: 5-10x Focus Sash, 5-10x Weakness Policy, 5-10x Air Balloon, 3-8 Rare Candy

Tier2 : 1x Gible Egg, 1x Dratini Egg, 1x Bunnelby Egg, 1x Scyther Egg, 1x Corphish Egg

Tier3: Small Train Ticket, PvP Coin Items, Masterball, extra bonus +30K money rewards

Tier 4: Reroll Iv Ticket, Random Fossil, Reroll Nature Ticket, ..

Sorry but actually for me it is more interested to get Tier 1 reward than tier 3.

Easy: 85% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 5% for tier 3 rewards, 5-10k money reward.

Medium: 80% chance for tier 1, 10% for tier 2 and 10% for tier 3 rewards, 5-26k money reward, +2 PvE Coins.

Hard: 60% chance for tier 1, 25% for tier 2 and 15% for tier 3 rewards, 20-40k money reward, +4 PvE Coins.

Not a good idea, players will not do 42 bosses, to get 60% to get a thrash reward on each. If you consider my last proposition.

When you do a boss ( Easy Medium or Hard) you get automatically a tier 1 reward + money + Pve Coins

Easy: 70% chance for tier 3, 27% for tier and 3% for tier 4 rewards, 5-10k money reward, Random Tier 1 Reward + 1 PVE Coins

Medium: 60% chance for tier3, 30% for tier 3 and 10% for tier 4 rewards, 10 -23k money reward, Random Tier 1 Reward, +3 PvE Coins.

Hard: 50% chance for tier 2, 35% for tier 3 and 15% for tier 4 rewards, 25-40k money reward, Random Tier 1 Reward, + 5 PvE Coins.

- Third-win rewards let you choose a reward from tier 3.

I agree, if you do easy mode, you should get a third basic reward like in my example T1

- No requirements to fight bosses anymore other than reaching the maps where the bosses are.

Disagree, for make a good Hard more ban Blissey/Snorlax/klefki! If you don't do that, all player will play the same team pokemon for do all bosse

- If a user has less than 100 hours playtime the boss will give a warning that it might be better to try the easy level or keep training.

I think that if a player don't have 300 hours, they should not be able to do bosses. Do bosses, is a late game content.

giphy.gif

1511823475-1d6b7b7b9512fb86ea0c6842dbc0b10e.png