Boss revamp; Opinions here

Eaty

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the bosses as they are now. if you want to revamp the prizes fine but really making us choose the highest tier to get decent prizes is really just overkill. I like the egg idea that is a great idea also perhaps make them a third time reward. The tiers seem ridiculous and those of us who like to do shiny collecting like the guaranteed shiny for ones we haven't gotten. Also I think that the 800k is just fine for a boss run as some are stupid hard to get to. you may have 60 bosses but some of us may not be able to get the 800k in full as now as we dont have all the required pokemon at the right level to get where we need to be. I don't like the idea of have choice specs or scarf removed from say like suicune and entei guardian sometimes they dont even give you money which is bs the choice items if we get them give us a sure source of money from those particular bosses. If you are trying to prevent people from using specific pokemon to beat said bosses make so they can have different teams. Or if you insist on adding difficulty add a challenge tier that people can choose if they want to do a challenge that will have either hold items, the pokemon ev trained, or player team restrictions example no snorlax or blissey. I mean the bosses are not easy as is right now. Battle boss for example you already cant use items on him.. in fact I would like it to have it where I can use items again on him.

zetzumoi_polygon.png

• 2 weeks later...
The fact is do a full boss run is time consuming. Doing it after the revamp, will be even more time consuming, since Bosses will be harder.

The main point I would suggest to change, to not make the whole end game experience a full frustating stall battle, it's remove the bag ban from hard mode. It will totally be not funny with the bag ban. Even more after we get hitted by bosses perma crit or burn or whatever. It's not pvp, it's pve. Think about that, having the bag allowed will solve part of the problem of people considering it too hard.

Second main problem, is the fact that bosses are too far each other. It's very boring to reach them

What I suggest?

To make a huge change to that too.

How?

First of all, divide all bosses in 3 categories: Gym leader bosses (Misty, Surge, etc), Special Bosses (like PC Boss, Terminator), Staff Boss (Neroli, etc).

For the first category, gym bosses, what I suggest is to use the same Koichi system.

When you first find Koichi, inside Saffron dojho, he has a white name, as a regular npc. After you beat him, he turns Red, as a Boss. Do the same for Gym Bosses. When you defeat a Gym Leader in story, he/she turns Red and became the boss.

Special Bosses: you can find an use to an unused tower, this would require some works from mappers, but not too much. Where?

Example: The Battle Tower in Johto!

[ATTACH=full]44805[/ATTACH]

You make mappers build a base floor with a PC (with Joy) and a mart (like E4) and then a couple of floor with some dedicated room, and the special bosses inside them.

Staff Bosses: the same as before, but in another unused place: Tower in Trainers Valley.

[ATTACH=full]44806[/ATTACH]

I would say this would require Trainers valley to became a little cheaper for people who don't have trains pass.

Think about this please. It would remove two of the most problematic thing about bosses and the revamp.

Thanks.

Just do what this guy says

in firstplace. why are the bosses so spread? It's literally just time wasted walking, there's no fun at all.

Just do what this guy says

in firstplace. why are the bosses so spread? It's literally just time wasted walking, there's no fun at all.

Having bosses spread around the region is really good since each boss has his own story (eg. Jessie and James, Oak, etc) and they should do better to stay in their native regions.

E.g Oak in Kanto, Jessie and James kanto, birch in hoenn, etc.

Furthemore having them spread makes you re-explore the regions and enjoy the game and PRO in its entirety.

Other than that, doing all the bosses makes you spend like 20-30k in travels? While you get like 600-700k by doing all of them.

You can even spend nothing if you have the train ticket/pass.

I feel like having all the bosses in a unique map/are is a solution a for people that are a little bit lazy.

Having bosses spread around the region is really good since each boss has his own story (eg. Jessie and James, Oak, etc) and they should do better to stay in their native regions.

E.g Oak in Kanto, Jessie and James kanto, birch in hoenn, etc.

Furthemore having them spread makes you re-explore the regions and enjoy the game and PRO in its entirety.

Other than that, doing all the bosses makes you spend like 20-30k in travels? While you get like 600-700k by doing all of them.

You can even spend nothing if you have the train ticket/pass.

I feel like having all the bosses in a unique map/are is a solution a for people that are a little bit lazy.

does not matter how much of a design looks good on paper,(players don't care about that) if people don't like it, you change, one way or the other. Rule number 1° in game designer.

imo, having only Gible, Dratini, Bunnelby, and Scyther as available egg options, would lead to a market saturated with trash versions of those 4 pokemon. Which arent even that hard to find in the wild anyway...

Bosses should give things that supposedly, you can not find anywhere else. it's not about the money. It's about the challenge vs reward. Maybe add another stuff in the game. Also RNG is BAD.

An easier way to fix it, is do like mmo dailys: after X, Y and Z times done, you get a exclusive Mount, a rare poke, and a shiny poke. It's just a example anyways.

• 9 months later...