Timed Cooldowns Poll

Verdigris

Which Activities Cooldown do you prefer?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Which Activities Cooldown do you prefer?

• Expire Time Based
    • Server Time Based
    • Other (Post your reason)

Hello there guys. The Content Team wants to know your opinion about cooldowns across various activities in PRO. Firstly let me explain the terms.

Cooldown Types:

• Expire Time Based: This is the traditional cooldown in PRO. After finishing an activity like Dig Spots, Bosses, Headbutt Trees, etc, a timer is triggered and set with certain amount of hours. When this timer reach zero, the activity is available to be done again. Usually the time to expire is less than the time said to allow the player to complete the activity more or less at the same interval than the previous time. For example: Is the expire date is said to be 1 day, the actual expire time is set to 22 hours, this gives the player more flexibility in their activities rotation.
  • Server Time Based: This type was used recently on the Advent Boss the past holidays. It worked by tracking the server time (Not to confuse with In-Game Time). You could still battle the boss once per day it didn't matter the time. For example if you defeated it at 23:55 you could battle him 5 minutes later because the next day starts at 00:00 but have to wait 24 hours to battle again and not 22 hours like the Expire Time Base standard for a day.

We are not replacing one for another. Both are useful in their own ways. Some activities may benefit more from certain type than the other. So keep this in mind.

If you have any comment or suggestion please let us know and post it here.

• Like 1

R2kpImN.png

Illustration by @everydaylouie

General SupportDiscordBug Resolution CenterGame GuidesSuggestions

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be discarded. Thanks.

lotad.gif

I think everything should run in Expire Time due to the fact that you can simply write down the time when you finished it and wait the required time (cooldown) until you can do it again, which is easily trackable. Server time can be confusing for players if they finished a task halfway through (started doing dig spots at 23:50 and finished them at 00:10). If they resetted at the 00:00 line, they would have to go through atleast half of tje process again.

If it wasn't clear enough: for me, I'd rather use Expire Time and keep track of set 100% clear cooldowns I can use to do dig spots, pokestops and other activities I clearly know when I will be able to perform since I wrote them down. Having them suddenly reset at 00:00 for me would hinder my ability to keep track of cooldowns, since I always schedule them.

I'd also like to ask: how would activities based on 72 hour cooldowns work: would dig spots be reset after the 3rd day reaches the 00:00 point if we went Server Time? It really confuses me. Thank you!

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Ah sad, it seems like a lot don't play games that have Daily or Weekly, Bi-Weekly resets at a set time.

A server time based reset would be best.

• Like 3

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

I'd much likely prefer server time based cooldowns. At least regarding digging spots. It would make it way easier to keep the track and be more efficient. Players who can't log in at a special day might not be able to farm digging spots efficiently. They would lose a day, because they simply weren't able to play due to whatever reason it might be. Therefore the 3 days-cycle is going to be broken and you need to wait 2 more days to be in your regular schedule or change it. Making digging spots server based would max out the efficiency of farming and giving the player 3 possible days to do it. Personally i would feel way less forced to login on exactly that one day "just" to do lame farming. There are days where you just don't like or are able to play. On the other hand, bosses should stay expire time based or eventually get their cooldown cut by half in case you lose, but that's just a very comfort change and i don't think that it's necessary, though it's still worth mentioning since it would not give any advantage to some players.

Expire Time Based is one of the feature i hate so so much from the start i played this game

do you know how many thingssssss we have to record by ourselves?

42 repeatable bossesssssss

digging

trees

excavation

tree hole berries

berry tower

farming mushroom in hoenn forest

love island pink rock

battle tower

4 doctor quest places

bug catching contest

sinnoh news reporter

sinnoh treasure hunt

i won't do all the things together though

Shizeria said exactly what i feel about it !!!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/timed-cooldowns-poll.118430/post-652187

with Server Time Based, you actually have 24 hours time to do what you want to do

you don't have to care when you are free / when you will have a break time / when you back home

you just can do them whenever you want

Edited by hahahaka
  • Like 5

My point of view on pro and cons of both choiches:

Server time based:

PRO:

-Easier to remember what to do and when to do it;

-Easier to create a "farm" routine;

-Possibility to do thing twice close to reset time and then be free for other activities next day;

-Good for people with lot of free time;

-Data-wise: it's faster and easier to manage procedures based on server more than on each single player

CONS:

-Might be stressful to feel forced to end something before the reset time or you potentially lose the following day (Suggestion to that is to track the StartTime of said activity when possible - e.g. boss battle- and use that as a parameter where StartTime<ResetTime will still apply the reset if EndTime>ResetTime;

-Might be bad for people with poor play time;

Expire Time Based

PRO:

-Your routine is scheduled by yourself with no time-constraints;

-Good for people with limited play time;

CONS:

-Hard to remember when you did something therefore hard to manage time

-Bad for people with lot of free time

-Data-wise: it's heavier to track player based activities

I voted for servert time based

• Like 1

with server time it would be much easier and comforting .. its confusing on boss and digss u don't even know which one u fought u can even make a new features a display button showing u what u've done like which boss u fought with and which one is ready samething for digs and headbutt and theese things if u put the server time cd hope u understand what am trying to say xq

Gimme reasons against the server time based one.

You will have learned the stuff quick. Server time based is so much better. The christmas thing was server time from Australia, maybe they can make a odd ' Australia time and create a fake gmt-0 time so it would be less odd for the most of players.

• Like 2

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L