PRO Viability Rankings (PVP)

Maui

Re: PRO Viability Rankings(PVP) Updated: 9/21/2016

<t>Thank you for the support guys. I have moved some pokemon around based off of what you guys are saying and I have also modified all of the lists to be in alphabetical order. Keep it coming. :)</t>

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PRO Viability Rankings (PVP) v0.95.7

<r>Awesome topic! Bookmarked <E>:Heart:</E> <br/>

<br/>

Helps me and a lot of new users a lot! <E>:thanks:</E> <br/>

<br/>

By the way, Golem isn't in this list... lead stealth rock -> sturdy explosion or earthquake. Where he would be?</r>

<r><QUOTE author="JhonnyBn"><s>

</s><POST content="274627"><s></s>274627<e></e></POST> Awesome topic! Bookmarked <E>:Heart:</E> <br/>

<br/>

Helps me and a lot of new users a lot! <E>:thanks:</E> <br/>

<br/>

By the way, Golem isn't in this list... lead stealth rock -> sturdy explosion or earthquake. Where he would be?<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Until I see a Golem being used effectively in the Ranked queue he's at the bottom of the list. Thanks for the compliment. <E>:Cool:</E></r>

<t>Hey i'm doing it cause i'm surprised noone did it yet.<br/>

<br/>

Name: Dragonite<br/>

Current tier: A+<br/>

Desired tier: S<br/>

<br/>

Reason: Well Dragonite is at the moment one of the biggest wincon in the meta, and it seems obvious to me that every team has to be prepared to face dragonites, so it deserves its S rank. Unlike Azumarill, Dragonite has some interesting aspects with Multiscale and his movepool, allowing it to adjust its coverage and thus, fit in a lot of different teams. By the way, the Dragon Dance set isn't the only viable one although it's the most dangerous one, and that, makes Dragonite a lot less predictable than Azu.<br/>

Its only flaw is called Stealth Rock obviously, but I don't think that the meta is in a lack of reliable spinners. If rocks are away, Dragonite will always do something for your team, if it's not sweeping the opponent. <br/>

<br/>

Talking about Dragonite's checks and counters, I don't see many of them. The 4-moveslots syndrom is obviously a problem, but Dragonite can pack a bunch of moves to counter its checks, depending of its team's weaknesses. For exemple, Thunder punch + Extreme speed will OHKO Azumarill, who's supposed to be a very solid switch-in to Dragonite.<br/>

<br/>

Anyway, i'm not going to develop more about Dragonite here :) Just give me your opinions too !<br/>

<br/>

And have a nice day ;)</t>

820KEWG.png

4FVP

<r><QUOTE author="Shiio"><s>

</s><POST content="276400"><s></s>276400<e></e></POST> Hey i'm doing it cause i'm surprised noone did it yet.<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

Reason: Well Dragonite is at the moment one of the biggest wincon in the meta, and it seems obvious to me that every team has to be prepared to face dragonites, so it deserves its S rank. Unlike Azumarill, Dragonite has some interesting aspects with Multiscale and his movepool, allowing it to adjust its coverage and thus, fit in a lot of different teams. By the way, the Dragon Dance set isn't the only viable one although it's the most dangerous one, and that, makes Dragonite a lot less predictable than Azu.<br/>

Its only flaw is called Stealth Rock obviously, but I don't think that the meta is in a lack of reliable spinners. If rocks are away, Dragonite will always do something for your team, if it's not sweeping the opponent. <br/>

<br/>

Talking about Dragonite's checks and counters, I don't see many of them. The 4-moveslots syndrom is obviously a problem, but Dragonite can pack a bunch of moves to counter its checks, depending of its team's weaknesses. For exemple, Thunder punch + Extreme speed will OHKO Azumarill, who's supposed to be a very solid switch-in to Dragonite.<br/>

<br/>

Anyway, i'm not going to develop more about Dragonite here :) Just give me your opinions too !<br/>

<br/>

And have a nice day ;)<e>

</e></QUOTE>

weavile will outspeed it with icepunch, too many icemoves rn <br/>

A+ is good for now</r>

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

</s><POST content="276400"><s></s>276400<e></e></POST> Hey i'm doing it cause i'm surprised noone did it yet.<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

<br/>

And have a nice day ;)<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Dragonite has, on paper, everything to beat nearly every pokemon of this metagame. However, as you said, it clearly suffers from 4MSS so it cannot run everything. I see 3 majors sets for it : the obvious dragon dance set, the mixed rain attacker and the special/mixed lure set. On the DD set, let's say that Dragon dance and Dragon claw for stab are mandatory. So it must use T-Punch to have a small chance to break through threats such as Skarmory, Azumarill or Slowbro and it clearly lose to Hippowdon/Gliscor without Aqua tail. But it has also to find room for Superpower to beat Ferrothorn/Tyranitar, Roost for recovery, Iron head for fairies or E-Speed for priority. So depending of the set it is running, there will always be some defensive benemoth it cannot defeat alone, not to mention it is heavily crippled by every form of statut and stealth rock which break multiscale.<br/>

<br/>

The mixed set with Flamethrower/Icebeam is indeed powerful and good at luring its common checks (not the rain one, everyone will expect Thunder/Hurricane once rain is set up) but lacks speed so Dragonite will be easily forced out by everything faster once Multiscale is broken. So I think A+ is good for him atm (it may be the best A+). With Life orb eventually implemented, it will raise to S with more firepower under its belt</r>

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

</s><POST content="277764"><s></s>277764<e></e></POST> Weavile is the only check for Dragonite in my opinion, and it gets outsped after one Dragon Dance so it doesn't switch into it anyway, unless it has a focus sash.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

That's all assuming Multiscale is intact. A lot of Pokèmons can take an attack from a +1 Dragonite and Ohko back if it isn't.</r>

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.