• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PRO Viability Rankings(PVP)

<t>Name: Slowbro<br/>

Current tier: N/A<br/>

Desired tier: S<br/>

Reason: Walls sand teams, walls almost the entire physically attacking meta, calm mind setup, reliable recovery, regenerator, scald, psyshock for special walls.</t>

Brad.gif

<t>Name:Whimsycott<br/>

Desired tier: A/A+<br/>

Reason: It's a prankster pokemon, probably easier to find than sableye if you have access to hoenn, it has resistances to ground, water, electric, fighting and dark type with an immunity to dragon moves which means, if built as a physical wall, it can take on all weather teams and setup sweepers and neutralize the threat with priority stun spore which only grass and electric types are immune to. In terms of moves I only have an issue the fact it is missing encore and moonblast which are very useful moves imo, priority leech seed is currently what I am using as it does help it stall physical pokemon and forces switches too and giga drain is also useful for recovery, it also has access to u-turn so it can gain momentum and switch in another pokemon. Other options I have not tested are momento, tickle and fake tears.<br/>

It does have quite a few weaknesses that are quite common including fire, flying, ice and steel and 4x weakness to poison. Although poison moves are not very common in pvp, the rest are however.</t>

<r><QUOTE author="Zupercooer"><s>

</s><POST content="204595"><s></s>204595<e></e></POST> Name:Whimsycott<br/>

Reason: It's a prankster pokemon, probably easier to find than sableye if you have access to hoenn, it has resistances to ground, water, electric, fighting and dark type with an immunity to dragon moves which means, if built as a physical wall, it can take on all weather teams and setup sweepers and neutralize the threat with priority stun spore which only grass and electric types are immune to. In terms of moves I only have an issue the fact it is missing encore and moonblast which are very useful moves imo, priority leech seed is currently what I am using as it does help it stall physical pokemon and forces switches too and giga drain is also useful for recovery, it also has access to u-turn so it can gain momentum and switch in another pokemon. Other options I have not tested are momento, tickle and fake tears.<br/>

It does have quite a few weaknesses that are quite common including fire, flying, ice and steel and 4x weakness to poison. Although poison moves are not very common in pvp, the rest are however.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Its overshadowed by klefki since t-wave is 100% and hits grass types.</r>

<r><QUOTE author="Likuet"><s>

</s><POST content="205079"><s></s>205079<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Zupercooer"><s>
</s><POST content="204595"><s></s>204595<e></e></POST> Name:Whimsycott<br/>

It does have quite a few weaknesses that are quite common including fire, flying, ice and steel and 4x weakness to poison. Although poison moves are not very common in pvp, the rest are however.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Its overshadowed by klefki since t-wave is 100% and hits grass types.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

True and on that note I do not see klefki in the tier list either, I only suggest this because sableye is there in A+ and I only go with what I have so far. Also this is a tier list, it's not necessarily about what should/shouldn't be on the list, but rather where people should rank the pokemon. Defintely, Klefki is higher than whimsicott but I do believe these pokemon should be added there.</r>

• 2 weeks later...

<t>Hello, I don't know if this post is still updated, if so, I would like to nominate those two pokemon<br/>

<br/>

Name: Slowbro<br/>

Current tier: A+<br/>

Desired tier: S<br/>

Reason: Slowbro can wall unprepared teams entirely due to his tremendous physical bulk, the rarity of viable electric and grass types and the rarity of strong special attackers. It is also good against defensive teams since it has limitless recovery with Slack off and Regenerator, and can setup Calm mind, allowing Slowbro to win against almost any other wall. It also works very well with the overused Ferro and Blissey which makes him a good fit to many teams. <br/>

<br/>

Name: Celebi<br/>

Current tier: Unranked<br/>

Desired tier: at least B<br/>

Reason: I think Celebi is one of the best grass types in the format. His balanced stats and decent movepool allow him to pick between a support or an offensive set, making the onion unpredictable. It can take hits even without investment and pairs very well with common pokemon such as Sand Rush Excadrill or Belly Drum Azumarill. As opposed to Smogon format, Celebi doesn't have to worry about Pursuit which is a big bonus, althought the onion is a bit mad about not being able to use Nasty Plot and Healing Wish.</t>

My wishlist :

- Epic Tyranitar (almost any nature)

- Epic Jolly Garchomp 31 speed

My shop:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=38654