PRO Viability Rankings (PVP)

Maui

Re: PRO Viability Rankings (PVP) v0.95.7

<r><QUOTE author="Einheria"><s>

</s><POST content="277774"><s></s>277774<e></e></POST> <br/>

Dragonite has, on paper, everything to beat nearly every pokemon of this metagame. However, as you said, it clearly suffers from 4MSS so it cannot run everything. I see 3 majors sets for it : the obvious dragon dance set, the mixed rain attacker and the special/mixed lure set. On the DD set, let's say that Dragon dance and Dragon claw for stab are mandatory. So it must use T-Punch to have a small chance to break through threats such as Skarmory, Azumarill or Slowbro and it clearly lose to Hippowdon/Gliscor without Aqua tail. But it has also to find room for Superpower to beat Ferrothorn/Tyranitar, Roost for recovery, Iron head for fairies or E-Speed for priority. So depending of the set it is running, there will always be some defensive benemoth it cannot defeat alone, not to mention it is heavily crippled by every form of statut and stealth rock which break multiscale.<br/>

<br/>

The mixed set with Flamethrower/Icebeam is indeed powerful and good at luring its common checks (not the rain one, everyone will expect Thunder/Hurricane once rain is set up) but lacks speed so Dragonite will be easily forced out by everything faster once Multiscale is broken. So I think A+ is good for him atm (it may be the best A+). With Life orb eventually implemented, it will raise to S with more firepower under its belt<e>

</e></QUOTE>

+1 <E>:y:</E></r>

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<t>i cant understand why conkeldurr is higher than machamp, like, they do the same shit, have the same type, almost the same stats, but machamp can dynamic punch which imo outclass all other fighters.</t>

[glow=red]Meus Alas[/glow]

149.gif302.gif257.gif184.gif625.gif110.gif

<r><QUOTE author="Dinheiro"><s>

</s><POST content="279339"><s></s>279339<e></e></POST> i cant understand why conkeldurr is higher than machamp, like, they do the same [Censored], have the same type, almost the same stats, but machamp can dynamic punch which imo outclass all other fighters.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Conkeldurr is bulkier, has access to Drain Punch (Recovery), has access to STAB Mach Punch, and can benefit from Status with Guts ability. Machamp on the other hand doesn't have any form of recovery, relies on No Guard ability to land Dynamic Punch so it is hindered by status. Eventually when it works, sheer force will turn Conkeldurr into a very effective wallbreaker being able to 2hko the likes of Slowbro, Hippowdon, Skarmory, etc.</r>

<r>Conkeldurr is a superior mon due to all the reasons stated by Tr3y. At the moment tough it's not viable due to drain punch being banned.<br/>

Also let's hope for a confusion fix so you can all quit abusing the 4 turns rng <E>:confused:</E></r>

The skill of a player is inversely proportional to the number of confuse ray users he runs on his team.

<r><QUOTE author="TR3Y"><s>

</s><POST content="279343"><s></s>279343<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Dinheiro"><s>
</s><POST content="279339"><s></s>279339<e></e></POST> i cant understand why conkeldurr is higher than machamp, like, they do the same [Censored], have the same type, almost the same stats, but machamp can dynamic punch which imo outclass all other fighters.<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Conkeldurr is bulkier, has access to Drain Punch (Recovery), has access to STAB Mach Punch, and can benefit from Status with Guts ability. Machamp on the other hand doesn't have any form of recovery, relies on No Guard ability to land Dynamic Punch so it is hindered by status. Eventually when it works, sheer force will turn Conkeldurr into a very effective wallbreaker being able to 2hko the likes of Slowbro, Hippowdon, Skarmory, etc.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Drain punch is banned atm, that means that Conkeldurr cannot use its best stab move and has to rely on Hammer arm or Superpower which are inferior to No guard Dynamic punch. And Machamp can also run Guts as its ability in tandem with Close combat to absorb statuts.<br/>

<br/>

In reference to OU standard, Conkeldurr is indeed better than Machamp thanks to Drain punch and Assault vest but in PRO metagame where none of these move/item are working, Machamp is currently stronger than Conkeldurr</r>

23CAjUv.gif

[glow=green]Katie Ledecky doesn't break records, she sets them[/glow]

[glow=green]~L'élégance, la science, la violence~[/glow]<i></i>

<r><QUOTE author="Einheria"><s>

</s><POST content="279355"><s></s>279355<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="TR3Y"><s>
</s><POST content="279343"><s></s>279343<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Dinheiro"><s>
</e></QUOTE>

Conkeldurr is bulkier, has access to Drain Punch (Recovery), has access to STAB Mach Punch, and can benefit from Status with Guts ability. Machamp on the other hand doesn't have any form of recovery, relies on No Guard ability to land Dynamic Punch so it is hindered by status. Eventually when it works, sheer force will turn Conkeldurr into a very effective wallbreaker being able to 2hko the likes of Slowbro, Hippowdon, Skarmory, etc.<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Drain punch is banned atm, that means that Conkeldurr cannot use its best stab move and has to rely on Hammer arm or Superpower which are inferior to No guard Dynamic punch. And Machamp can also run Guts as its ability in tandem with Close combat to absorb statuts.<br/>

<br/>

In reference to OU standard, Conkeldurr is indeed better than Machamp thanks to Drain punch and Assault vest but in PRO metagame where none of these move/item are working, Machamp is currently stronger than Conkeldurr<e>

</e></QUOTE>

yeah i do have a god conkeldurr and a god machamp, but with drain punch banned i dont feel like conkeldurr can do anything better than machamp....<br/>

about being bulkier,, HUMMM not really... they both gonna still be one shotted by things that one shot, and still be 2 shotted by things that 2 shot xD</r>

[glow=red]Meus Alas[/glow]

149.gif302.gif257.gif184.gif625.gif110.gif

<t>I was really looking for this so I would know which pokemon to keep on catching and farming,<br/>

<br/>

Im just sad I dont saw Sbubbull and Charlizard in the list that means my starter pokemon is not worth anything so sad</t>

<r><QUOTE author="Dinheiro"><s>

</s><POST content="279422"><s></s>279422<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="Einheria"><s>
</s><POST content="279355"><s></s>279355<e></e></POST> <QUOTE author="TR3Y"><s>
</s><POST content="279343"><s></s>279343<e></e></POST> <br/>

</e></QUOTE>

<br/>

In reference to OU standard, Conkeldurr is indeed better than Machamp thanks to Drain punch and Assault vest but in PRO metagame where none of these move/item are working, Machamp is currently stronger than Conkeldurr<e>

</e></QUOTE>

yeah i do have a god conkeldurr and a god machamp, but with drain punch banned i dont feel like conkeldurr can do anything better than machamp....<br/>

about being bulkier,, HUMMM not really... they both gonna still be one shotted by things that one shot, and still be 2 shotted by things that 2 shot xD<e>

</e></QUOTE>

Conkeldurr is clearly bulkier than Machamp. 105 base Hp 95 defense compared to Machamp's 95/80. Another thing I mentioned is Conkeldurr's access to Mach Punch which allows it to pick off threats such as excadrill and bisharp.</r>

<t>request a rank for <br/>

Ambipom and Cofagrigus</t>

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.