PRO Viability Rankings (PVP)

Maui

Name: Blissey

Current tier: A

Desired tier: B+ - B

Reason: Blissey gets 1 or 2 shot by almost all physical moves and since the pro meta is mostly physical it's not the best idea to use a tank that doesnt offer much else than tanking spatk except either toxic or heal bell other than the other moves it needs to stay relevan.

Name: Vaporeon

Current tier: B-

Desired tier: A- Edit: or at least B+

Reason: It has decent defensive stats and works well as a water counter with water absorb and is also a counter to talonflame since its both water and tanky. If you use protect, then it also works well as a scout to the enemy set. Other than that it also offers heal bell, which can be great for some teams that don't have any reliable hazard removal that get affected by moves such as toxic spikes or just pokemon that suffer a lot from paralyze and burn.

These 2 are examples, but I also think the list would be much better if you would add sets. Like the timid Togekiss belongs in A+, but bold is much lower and just saying the Togekiss is A+ will lead som to the conclution that bold Togekiss is op while it absolutely isn't.

I also think some pokemon should be added to the list since some new abilities have been coded. What I can think of right now is Nidoking and Nidoqueen. They are both very strong with sheer force and have insanely high damage. Nidoking has a max speed of 295, so its a great pokemon combined with sticky web and works great as a late game sweeper after you take care of the enemy's fastest pokemon (usually gengar/weavile/talonflame etc, u get my point).

poppy.png

ooM1kqT

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think an epic prankster sableye would be more in the A+ rank myself. I can usually take down 2-3 on a team just with him alone unless its a clefable/azarill

what moveset are you referring too.

Back in the day(about 7-8 seasons ago) sableye was ranked A+/A here but then confuse ray got adjusted making it last far fewer turns and had the hurts oneself ratio tuned down.

I like to use willow wisp, recover, calm mind, and taunt.

taunt to stop any setups, calm mind to avoid 2HKO from spc attack sweepers, willow wisp to watch them die while using recover

Name: Blissey

Current tier: A

Desired tier: B+ - B

Reason: Blissey gets 1 or 2 shot by almost all physical moves and since the pro meta is mostly physical it's not the best idea to use a tank that doesnt offer much else than tanking spatk except either toxic or heal bell other than the other moves it needs to stay relevan.

Name: Vaporeon

Current tier: B-

Desired tier: A- Edit: or at least B+

Reason: It has decent defensive stats and works well as a water counter with water absorb and is also a counter to talonflame since its both water and tanky. If you use protect, then it also works well as a scout to the enemy set. Other than that it also offers heal bell, which can be great for some teams that don't have any reliable hazard removal that get affected by moves such as toxic spikes or just pokemon that suffer a lot from paralyze and burn.

These 2 are examples, but I also think the list would be much better if you would add sets. Like the timid Togekiss belongs in A+, but bold is much lower and just saying the Togekiss is A+ will lead som to the conclution that bold Togekiss is op while it absolutely isn't.

I also think some pokemon should be added to the list since some new abilities have been coded. What I can think of right now is Nidoking and Nidoqueen. They are both very strong with sheer force and have insanely high damage. Nidoking has a max speed of 295, so its a great pokemon combined with sticky web and works great as a late game sweeper after you take care of the enemy's fastest pokemon (usually gengar/weavile/talonflame etc, u get my point).

1. Highly disagree with you on Blissey. At least with the meta on red server it makes a huge impact and must be considered when building all teams, as it literally walls nearly all special attacks. The meta on red id say is close to 50-50 phys vs special attackers. After playing 11 seasons straight.

Here was the prevalence of blissey on red server the season before this one. https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=74064

Ranking is based on prevalence, how large a threat the mon is, and impact in the meta

2. On vaporean, this can be up for debate, you make many good points. Id be interested in other users thoughts. Personally I might have played only one vaporeon in 50 games on Red sever.

3. I will be adding Nidoking thank you. A or A- would be my first inclination. Any thoughts.

4. Smogon usually has an in general tier list and then a "set included" tier list. This will serve as the general tier list to help players recognize the meta and new players with team building.

I think an epic prankster sableye would be more in the A+ rank myself. I can usually take down 2-3 on a team just with him alone unless its a clefable/azarill

Back in the day(about 7-8 seasons ago) sableye was ranked A+/A here but then confuse ray got adjusted making it last far fewer turns and had the hurts oneself ratio tuned down.

taunt to stop any setups, calm mind to avoid 2HKO from spc attack sweepers, willow wisp to watch them die while using recover

Per the OP

Ranking is based on prevalence, how large a threat the mon is, and impact in the meta

I dont think Sableye is very prevalent in the current meta( definitely not in the top 25 most used). Your set is interesting as i have never encountered it in 11 seasons on red server, but i can see how it can definitely work. Again Id be open to opinions from others on this potential tier move.

Per the OP

I dont think Sableye is very prevalent in the current meta( definitely not in the top 25 most used). Your set is interesting as i have never encountered it in 11 seasons on red server, but i can see how it can definitely work. Again Id be open to opinions from others on this potential tier move.

well I do hope others catch on because It is a very viable setup and I havent encountered much that can outstall me or 2H KO me ^.^ Recover/buff to win!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: Latios

Current tier: Unranked

Desired tier: S

Reason: You don't see it much due to it requiring so much work but this mon is pretty busted on PRO when the only checks to it (that are commonly used) are Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Even Blissey struggles against Psyshock Variants when hazards are up or it has taken prior damage. The lack of Pursuit also makes it that much better because it can spam Draco and Psychic without having to worry about being trapped. It also has access to surf so Heatran, Excadrill, and Tyranitar struggle to come in on it. It also is a fantastic defogger because of his ability to force many switches. Here are some calcs that I find important:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 351-413 (99.7 - 117.3%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 182-216 (47.2 - 56.1%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 183-217 (67.5 - 80%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 151-178 (53.7 - 63.3%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 441-519 (109.4 - 128.7%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 363-426 (86.4 - 101.4%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 172-203 (42.5 - 50.2%)

You get the point. I'm not sure why this is even allowed.

Name: Latios

Current tier: Unranked

Desired tier: S

Reason: You don't see it much due to it requiring so much work but this mon is pretty busted on PRO when the only checks to it (that are commonly used) are Blissey, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Even Blissey struggles against Psyshock Variants when hazards are up or it has taken prior damage. The lack of Pursuit also makes it that much better because it can spam Draco and Psychic without having to worry about being trapped. It also has access to surf so Heatran, Excadrill, and Tyranitar struggle to come in on it. It also is a fantastic defogger because of his ability to force many switches. Here are some calcs that I find important:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 351-413 (99.7 - 117.3%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 220+ SpD Heatran: 182-216 (47.2 - 56.1%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Bisharp: 183-217 (67.5 - 80%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 151-178 (53.7 - 63.3%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 441-519 (109.4 - 128.7%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 363-426 (86.4 - 101.4%)

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 172-203 (42.5 - 50.2%)

You get the point. I'm not sure why this is even allowed.

Will place in A+ for now. Interested in other users opinion as well. I have only encountered 1 or 2 of them since its release in ranked in about 100 matches. discuss