PRO Viability Rankings (PVP)

Maui

Re: PRO Viability Rankings (PVP) v0.97_2

<t>With Tr3y's premission I will be taking over this topic. <br/>

I will be adding the new sinnoh mon's to the tier list as they become apparent in PVP. Always feel free to share your opinion and discuss.</t>

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<t>With Tr3y's premission I will be taking over this topic. <br/>

I will be adding the new sinnoh mon's to the tier list as they become apparent in PVP. Always feel free to share your opinion and discuss.</t>

<t>Nice work guys...hopefully this will change the meta cause all we see is the same pokes now that more players will know which pokes to be aware of and learn how to counter em possibly the current meta pokes users will sick new tactics...and puff new meta new teams :D</t>

<r>Added <GLOW glow="red"><s>[glow=red]</s>Raikou<e>[/glow]</e></GLOW> to A-<br/>

primarily due to the difficulty of obtaining the right nature, good speed, and hp ice.<br/>

feel free to discuss</r>

Hey, [mention]Enforcer[/mention]! Did you read the posts regarding Poliwrath? I think most people want it to be ranked lower than A-.

Here are some suggestions:

• Chesnaught: Chesnaught does suffer from not being able to abuse Drain Punch. It is a decent spiker, with good physical bulk and, more importantly, an amazing ability that grants it an immunity to Bomb, Ball and Blast moves (such as Gyro Ball, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast and Sludge Bomb). Gengar doesn't get Sludge Wave in PRO, which means that this thing is a complete counter to non-Icy Wind variants. It lacks the moves to hurt it back, though. Overall, it is a check to the likes of Excadrill, Tyranitar (physically offensive variants), and even Bisharp. Its Special Defense is low. The prevalence of Talonflame in the current metagame does hurt it. It also has 6 weaknesses.

• Smeargle: Decent speed for a Pokémon with otherwise garbage stats. Its best set allows it to function as a suicide lead for HO teams. People should consider using this thing more when running HO. The set should be: Spore, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Taunt.

• Xatu: Mostly found on sun teams. Magic Bounce is an outstanding ability, but it isn't a reliable source of hazard control on its own. It gets Heat Wave, which allows it to check many common entry hazard setters, such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory. U-turn is nice for gaining momentum. In my opinion, the defensive set is the best, because Espeon outclasses it offensively. Both can run Dual Screens.

• Infernape: Too much to say on this one, so I'll keep it short. The physically offensive set is good, but completely outclassed by Blaziken. The specially offensive set does get STAB priority (Vacuum Wave), but Lucario outclasses it. In sun, it can use Solar Beam, but dedicated Chlorophyll sweepers are better suited for this role. It can run a nice mixed set that benefits from Gunk Shot (perhaps its only perk over Blaziken). It can run a good defensive set with Will-O-Wisp, Slack Off, Taunt, Stealth Rock, coverage moves... Will-O-Wisp is unexpected and cripples Azumarill, Gyarados, Garchomp and other switch-ins.

• Aerodactyl: I don't think the offensive variant is even worth considering. However, it is a good suicide lead with access to Taunt (coupled with a base speed stat of 130), Stealth Rock, Double-Edge (to KO itself after setting up hazards), and Stone Edge. It also gets Fire Blast, which hits Ferrothorn, Scizor, Forretress, Skarmory, etc.

I'd say: Chesnaught to B+/A-, Smeargle and Xatu to B/B-, Aerodactyl to C+... I don't know where Infernape should be ranked.

As for Raikou (and Serperior), I don't know if the ranking should assume the best possible options for said Pokémon or not.

Indoor-Fishh.png

added [glow=red]Chesnaught, Xatu, Aerodactyl, infernape, scyther, doublade[/glow],[glow=red]Tyrantrum[/glow] and [glow=red]serperior[/glow].

Poliwrath moved down one tier. primarily do to its prevalence dropping in recent seasons.

Ranking is based on prevalence, how large a threat the mon is, and impact in the meta.

will wait on pokemon like smeargle, porygon-z, diggersby, azelf, heatran, latios, latias to show up in PVP first before adding

• 3 weeks later...

sycther in rank C+

Unevolved pokemon in PVP? are you sure ?

Eviolite Scyther. Its only perks over Scizor are the speed tier and higher defenses with Eviolite. It loses 50% HP to Stealth Rock, has a much worse typing, no priority (no BP)... Whether C+ is too high or not is up for discussion... However, some Pokémon that aren't fully evolved are just as good as their evolutions, if not better (e.g. Porygon2, Dusclops and Chansey).

Indoor-Fishh.png

• 3 weeks later...