Add numbers in HPs during fights.

Argotini

Hello, i find it really useful for the game to add numbers in health points during pokemon fights. In that way you can calculate precisely how much damage you deal. Catching pokemons and beating enemies will be easier and significantly improved as an experience. After all, numbers in fights always existed in the pokemon games. Thank you for your time and please consider my recommendation. As a new player this is the only downside of the game and would help a lot!

• Like 1

I agree with the idea, and as I see you're new on the game I first say welcome!, then I want to tell you that a few weeks, if not a month, ago there was a Battle UI kind of contest where you could submit your own idea of a new Battle UI. So lets hope in a near future this idea gets to be implemented!

• Like 1

~Here goes nothinG~

I don't know where you took the "in the main games it's like that". In main games you can't see the enemy's hp. So why should it be like that here?

If you are able to see your enemy's hp, you can easily determine their hp investment, and know in some cases if your moves will, or will not KO. This may not be very significant in singles, but in doubles, it is gigantic.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know where you took the "in the main games it's like that". In main games you can't see the enemy's hp. So why should it be like that here?

If you are able to see your enemy's hp, you can easily determine their hp investment, and know in some cases if your moves will, or will not KO. This may not be very significant in singles, but in doubles, it is gigantic.

I do not agree with you. Also, im not gonna lie, my pokemon gaming experience is limited, BUT every game that I have played had that HP option. It makes the overall fighting smoother, especially in terms of catching a pokemon (knowing when you are gonna leave it with 1 hp or your next attack kills). You need to know how much damage you deal, you cant just guess if the enemy pokemon is somewhere near half hp whether you next attack kills it or barely survives. It creates instability in the battle interface. I hope they implement this change.

The problem with showing the hp number is that pvpers will know the sets of another person. Say someone us using a choice band scizor, with EVs in speed and attack. The hp would be much less than a scizor running some hp investment with swords dance. This would hurt the PvP scene greatly, by making it alot easier to figure out sets/ ev spreads.

• Like 1

The problem with showing the hp number is that pvpers will know the sets of another person. Say someone us using a choice band scizor, with EVs in speed and attack. The hp would be much less than a scizor running some hp investment with swords dance. This would hurt the PvP scene greatly, by making it alot easier to figure out sets/ ev spreads.

I dont think it affects pvp that much. It can be tested and if it does them it could be removed from pvp. However, it should defenitely be added in wild pokemon, and maybe gyms. I repeat however, that it wont affect pvp that much since the specific amount wont change the outcome of the battle

It would effect pvp so much because as he said different sets use different ev spreads so if you are vs a poke with less hp then you know it has to be less defensive and more offensive so it will probably have speed spatk/atk and that just takes the predicting aspect out of play because in ranked most sets people use are the same so knowing someones set before they even make a move kinda ruins the whole point of that person puting in work making a strategy

Edited by Kboww
  • Like 1
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png