Is the beggining of the game too hard on newcomers?

Crimsondragonex

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MMO's tend to have hard gameplay's in order to present challenges to keep their players amused and challenged at all times. Even as a long-term player, some players still face situations that present itself as a challenge to those players.

So yes, the gameplay is harder and challenging for new players. Which is only a preparation to what comes next. To the point where you reach the end-game (current or future) the game will always present challenges along the way, which is the amusement factor. As an example to that, the recently introduced boss battles. Where you are outmached by the overwhelming difference in levels and pokemons that they posses.

Not only that, there will be more features and context added in order to provide more challenging gameplay.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

As was said, This is an MMO. They're supposed to have longer longevity as oppose to the typical 8-10 hour average sessions to complete the gym leaders. I say the balance is pretty good, I personally wouldn't mind a little more of a challenge but I am not a kid. At first you don't succeed, grind, grind, grind. It's a LOT faster than people think. Especially with the memberships.

The game is indeed very challengable in the beginning for the newcomers, however just putting a bit more effort than being easy makes the game more fun & long lasting imo.

First I was fustrated about it how hard it is, but gradually i quite enjoyed training my pokemon.

i think that's a good thing that brock slap you if you're facing him without being prepared at all while thinking that PRO will be a calm sea,like the official versions,it's more fun,taking a tanky water pokemon and win everytime without any rivalry isn't great in my opinion,it's good to be warned at the first gym,after that,you'll thinking about other ways to force it,the only "hard" thing at the beginning is the low money to buy pokeballs and potions but after the first gym,it's better on this point,we have to get hurt to be forced to use our brains,just like in real life. :Cool:

• 2 weeks later...
96597 I don't think "the game" is too hard or too challenging but maybe newcomers need more information about types, ev and iv. Also they should be warned about the difficulty instead of face it surpisingly

you alwys get hints of type advantage in the gyms, just like in the games. about ev and iv you have to read up on, also on the originial games. We even give you the oppertunity to know what iv's you have (not displayed in the original games) aswell as ev's.

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.