PvP - Turn timer discussion

Qeight

What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What should the round timer be in ranked PvP?

• 90 seconds (current)
    • 75 seconds
    • 60 seconds
    • 45 seconds

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe for the current UI a shorter amount for timer is better, there arent a lot of optimisations it has compared to ps for example, so that time is probably not used for things such as calcs since we dont know the exact percentage the pokemon is at, taking into account the amount of turns weather or screens have been wasted etc. (speaking from personal experience= However if the UI were to get an improvement an become something similar as PS, i believe 90 secs is a good amount of time, more importantly i think implementing a forfeit button is a way to somewhat get rid of this "timer stalling" issue, i cant see why it hasnt been done to this point honestly, it cant be that hard to do right?

Hi,

From my point of view, the timer should stay at 90seconds, these 90seconds may not be used each battle, as some mates said, there is battle where you play quick and wait 5secs between each moves, but other battle where each move need to been calculated like 4-5turns before.

And that’s only for these battle that i love pvp, so please don’t make these battle classic with reducing the timer.

Moreover, I would like a forfeit option, because ye, i’m quite fed up to receive message like « you’ll be banned » or « reported » cause i pp stall(safest issue to win sometimes), and the opponent doesn’t want to disconnect.

Also, i think that the rules about time stalling, are very often misunderstood, it would be interesting to make them clearer than they are.

fum.

pro_banneer.png.f289a7c52f84f608823137a123b0f8e6.png

• 2 weeks later...

I believe for the current UI a shorter amount for timer is better, there arent a lot of optimisations it has compared to ps for example, so that time is probably not used for things such as calcs since we dont know the exact percentage the pokemon is at, taking into account the amount of turns weather or screens have been wasted etc. (speaking from personal experience= However if the UI were to get an improvement an become something similar as PS, i believe 90 secs is a good amount of time, more importantly i think implementing a forfeit button is a way to somewhat get rid of this "timer stalling" issue, i cant see why it hasnt been done to this point honestly, it cant be that hard to do right?

It's actually super obvious why it wasn't ever added and considering the circumstances, I completely support the staff for not adding it. With the forfeit button being a thing, more people and guilds would be able to boost themselves (with the forfeit button, the 10 min cooldown would become nonexistent) which would mean much more work for the staff in terms of investigating and so on, for what they surely currently lack both manpower and resources

• Like 1