How 1 Garchomp beat Gary

Hello All!

I Just had an amazing victory against the Elite Four of Kanto and Gary. It was my fourth try at the elite 4, the first and second times I got stopped by the Ghost one, the third I had made it thru lance but then found out about Gary, and was wiped out quickly.

But this time was different, I glided past the first 2 with no casualties, but I took heavy loses between Lance and the ghost one. After defeating Lance, I had only 1 pokemon left, my lvl 91 Garchomp. I had no revives and only 1 max heal. I knew Gary was up next, I tried looking thru my bag for items that could help. I had exactly 9 Rare Candies. So I used em all. Garchomp was now lvl 100, already my best pokemon but now he was way better. I had no choice but to continue to Gary and fight him Head on with only my Garchomp.

It was as if fate was on my side, I took out his Pigeot, Alakazam and Rhydon all with a one-shot Dragon Claw, I used Dig against Acranine and Exeggutor. I was lucky that I had no type disadvantages. But then Blastoise appeared. I was half dead with no items, Garchomp being a ground* type had a disadvantage against Blastoise's water types moves. with a combination of attacks and extreme luck, I was able to whittle the Blastoise down its last bar. I then finished it off with a Dragon Claw attack.

And so my Garchomp had single-handedly defeated Gary.

I honestly wish I could have recorded this legendary battle.

Edited by lxNightshadexl
  • Like 1

I imagined the battle as I read it, i could say that experiences like that are the ones who make you to enjoy this game. Cool my friend! That's what a videogame should be, enjoying.

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will purified.