Miss Staffview Feature So Much

Oddityeyes

Dear staffmember,

Why the staffview at command cant be used again?

Hi there,

The staff view command was removed from players for the following reasons:

• Staffview, just like its name implies, was never meant to be available for players, only for testing purposes.
  • They serve as a solution to the following problems:
    • Playing on a lower resolution left the player with almost no vision on the default game zoom. We wanted players to not be penalized for playing on a lower resolution.
    • As Content Scripters and Mappers, we were unable to determine the field of view of players. For CS, having every player with the same field of view allows us to better determine ranges such as how far a trainer can see the player, or from which range players can see NPCs during a scripted event. For Mappers, this makes it possible to create maps that favor exploration, as they no longer have to assume players can see the whole map at once.
    • Having to open the console and type staffview every time you launched the game was inconvenient. It's much more ideal to be able to launch the game and have the same game zoom from the last session.
    • Having to control the game zoom from the console was also not ideal. It's better to have everything in the option menu.

With that said, if you would like to express your thoughts on the matter, please feel free to make a post here. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Fluffles_Sig_Toge_Lurk_2.png

General Support PRO Reporting Punishment Policy Discipline Appeals

Please do not contact staff members for private support.

Share your questions on the forums, as they can then be of use to others.

Unsolicited messages will be sent to the Black Forest, never to be seen again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's just an awful reasoning for removing it. Why would I ever play FULLSCREEN NATIVE RESOLUTION ANYMORE if it's the same thing as lower res w/fullscreen or windowed? So basically having no other options stuck with same FOV with every resolution smh. If we play high res it's to be expected to have the map to be higher FOV.

• 2 years later...

late reply but its important to give feedback!

I can only play this game on a laptop so i currently have a disadvantage compared to people playing on a mobile phone for example. on mobile you can have a much better view of your surroundings. unfortunately with laptop that is not the case. 

Its kinda stopped me playing the game and im sure others have done the same. really want to support this platform but current set up is unfair for laptop users. 

please consider reinstating staffview or giving us an option to zoom out a little bit more. the current view would be unplayable if i didnt know the maps from the gameboy days!!

Many thanks

Dan