PvP Anonymity

Thatkid

Lmao tennis is a game. I played football for 8 years (real football, not soccer). You can literally say anything to your opponents, its full-on war out there. I understand the value of sports as well as anybody, it breeds MEN. There is nothing greater or more glorious.

Also saying "I 6-0'd a noob" is FAR from "hate speech" or verbal abuse. Not even close.

I suppose that you are the kind of guy who could throw banana to a black player because this is how sport is, full-on war....

We all know that people are far from of only saying "I 6-0'd a noob"....

844002069_nicetalkexample.png.aaa427ae94855c0119ee031d644446a1.png

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose that you are the kind of guy who could throw banana to a black player because this is how sport is, full-on war....

We all know that people are far from of only saying "I 6-0'd a noob"....

Weak

ok first of off ngl being trash talked/slandered never feels good for anyone, but regarding this if we worried about our feelings we wouldn't play pvp even to begin with. If you don't want to see anything or be pm'ed there is always a option in the social tab to turn you into offline mode, meaning you cant be pm/dm'ed at all until you turn it back to away or online. Just advoid the battle chat then and no harm no foul, maybe pop in there to say gg to whomever you were battling and go back to doing you.

as for movesets/items on your pokemon, if you play pvp a lot you will already have knowledge about this sort of thing. There aren't a lot of pokmeon that have multiple viable sets and if your looking to play pvp a lot anyway people will get used to your team comp anyway. No matter if you have this Anonymity in play. Like how a ferrothorn is mostly always going to be a Tank nature, its your job to figure out which side of tank by the damage you do to it. Things like Garchomp are easy to tell based on the team comp if its a tank or a sweeper. If you play enough you can spot team comps sets very easily.

As for how this would effect reporting, Pro would have to make a system where Battle id's would have to be visible and have them saved to the server each and every time anyone pvp's. ids would allow Pro staff to see players names by finding the 2 corresponding battle id's. Seems simple enough but iv never coded in python so i wouldn't know too much, and id rather not have resources driven away from bug fixes.

Now im sure we all been at least a little embarrassed/salty when we messed up a move or lost because of you being to dumb to see the win condition before its too late. Hell, iv trashed talk plenty in my day and been to as well. It still gets on my nerves when im in a bad mood and it happens. But always remember it takes a man to take L's with their head up high saying GG, instead of taking a W and trash talking.

And for your Youtube Phobia, i would say grow thicker skin. Iv never seen a pvp video on youtube go over 1.5k views, the community is small i will say but its not 1.5k small. A couple people seeing you mess up a move or switching into a read isn't going to ruin your role in the community at all, you might even gain some popularity for like a week at most then everything will die out.

As for if i want this in the game or not i dont really see a problem as long as a system is implement so reporting doesnt get to be impossible to do but i have to still give it a

Edited by iceflake
  • Like 1

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif