new pvp strats

Tsuina

Dear All, hello!

I've been a fan of pvp for a long time and I like pro a lot. However I was wondering why certain pokes cannot learn moves which can normally be learnt by these same pokes in the official games and on showdown?

I was looking for new strats to change the meta a bit and I got this sap sipper azumarill that i wanted to teach perish song and whirlpool. What was not my frustration when I saw that marill cannot learn whirlpool...

It's not the first time i notice this.

Is it because it couldn't learn it in previous gen?

is it going to be fixed soon?

thanks in advance for your attention!

Tsuina

It can learn it. At least Azumarill can. Maybe on a uncommon way. Maybe try the egg move tutor when it doesnt work with the normal tutor.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

There are differences from the official games, but huge majority is currently based on gen 7 - Sun/Moon. This game will never be the same as any of the official games, which means you will have to adapt and come up with different strategies.

on the prowiki the marill family is not in the list of whirlpool learners. I did try to teach marill so now ill go back to the tutor and check with azumarill.

i used to play gen 7 on showdown and marill could learn whirlpool

thank you for your answers

Edit: I went with azumarill and it was able to learn it!

Edited by Tsuina

If you know that Azumarill can learn it, I'd just wait until you have it at 100 fully trained to make it learn it. He should 100% be able to learn it once fully evolved :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!