Overhauling the PVP point system to incentivise more players

Coono

For the most part it's just playing with numbers to accomplish the goal of giving losing players a conselation. But one that can not be exploited by just quitting and collecting.

What I am proposing is how things are done in the official trading card game online. Will be using rough numbers just to illustrate this simple idea.

The loser gains 1 pvp point per knockout, so obviously the max the loser can earn is 5pts. Creating a difference between a well fought game that just didnt shake out your way and getting completely ran over in a 6-0, in which case you would of course earn no points. The winner gets, idk let's just say 10 points.

Now the only thing left to do is of course adjust the pvp shop items prices to balance this. Whether it be 500 or 1000 pts for a reroll (currently 150), whatever.

At least people will feel like they're accomplishing/gaining something if they're being fairly competitive in losing contests. I think this would attract many more players to pvp. In an MMO time is money, you usually want to spend your time doing something that is advancing your overall worth. If someone jumps into pvp, gets in some good games but maybe catches some bad breaks and goes 0 and 4.. they're out. They're gonna go do something they view as more sustainable to build value on their character, such as bosses or any number of other things.

SIDE BAR

There's also the idea of pvp challenges and bounties that have been talked about before, and I think most thought were a good idea. I'm all for that as well. Again my idea for that would be derivative of the card game.

Examples:

-Knock out 10 pokemon with a grass* type pokemon

-Knock out 5 pokemon with residual damage

-Knock out 15 pokemon with (insert specific pokemon's name here)

-First win of the day bonus

Wouldn't increasing PvP coins and then adjusting their prices accordingly just change everything to as it is right now or cause inflation? I'm +1 on the idea of daily rewards or missions though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Who can argue your reasoning...

if want reason for my "-1" :

if even winner and loser gets something

this will affect gold and silver's ecenomy very bad and as bhimoso said "this will cause inflation"

anyone wants inflation in game ? no

and ı didn't like the chalanges idea , for peoples have mono type / having a specific weather type team this will be so hard and they will be have to change their teams.

it means they can't no longer play with pokemons they want ; they have to change their teams with the pokemons they don't want in their team

and this will estrange them in pvp

:TreeckoNo:

Edited by CruelGreen

Hyena Lionking GIF - Hyena Lionking Laughing GIFs

-1 will affect the economy badly also, whats the difference between winning for winning and losing? Also, choosing the type someone would do for one side will be good cause new pokemons, for another side will be bad cause i doubt someone would remove their winning team to add a random mon.

https://tenor.com/view/anime-cute-blushing-rejected-gif-9959247

Fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars....THAN NERF THIS!

Maybe a better solution is creating "two coins", keep the PVP coin like it is now and a "battle coin" that is given for each poke you defeat.

Then an alternate shop with non-tradeable itens geared towards helping begginer PVP players, like TMs, Rare Candys, Tutors (looking at you Draco Meteor), Ev Berries/Boosts, maybe some synchable pokes...

"Effect the economy" seems like a gross exaggeration and a knee jerk analysis.

It would effectively have zero impact on anything other than (MAYBE) rerolls.... and again, with this plan their cost in pvp points would increase in ratio with points earned.

Also somebody actually asked "what would be the difference between winning and losing?" congratulations on making it abundantly clear that you did not read past the first sentance. I literally couldnt have been anymore specific in outlining the stark contrast. I'm genuinely flabbergasted.

*slow clap*

PVP missions would make pvp half "Gotta do this and only this till i complete the mission" Zone where people will be forced to run certain Pokes/items to have to complete These challenges. Then the other half would be the People trying to get a high elo and make ladder. Two very conflicting things.

Rewarding Losing people in pvp for mindlessly trying to complete challenges would just give pvp just so many people who are not even trying. They will basically be boosting people Who are trying to get a high pvp Elo, while they are trying to knock out a poke with 6 of their grass pokes then rinse and repeat for the next game to complete the challenge.

As for the Economy any change towards PVP rewards can drastically change the Economy. Say this did get in, more and more poeple will be getting pvp points. That means more and more iv/nature rr's will be in the market causing inflation. Even things as simple as the pvp Masterball will go down in price.

• Like 1

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif