Problem with charizardite Y quest

Marksmancl

Hi everyone, my friend is having an issue with the charizardite y quest.

He followed all the steps of the quest according to the guide: caught a new charmander with 91+ ivs and a desired nature, showed it to Oak, leveled him up, trained evs, full happiness but Oak doesn´t accept him (even though Oak said it was a fine charmander the first time he showed it to him), he says that it was not what he asked for.

cha.jpg.ad1cb84ca8314d195d295f45b1e689b2.jpg

There is something else i must add, my friend doesn´t have fly HM, so he traded it to me, and i taught him fly... As we thought that might have triggered this issue, he replaced fly with seismic toss, but the issue remains. We think the fact that he traded it to me might have "blocked" the pokemon for Oak.

Is there any chance anyone can help us? We would be very grateful if someone does.

PS: my friend doesn´t know much English, so i'm helping him.

When you trade a pokemon, its happiness resets to 70 and you have to regain it via fighting wild pokemon until it hits the 255 cap. Could this be your issue?

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Hey there!

I am sorry for the inconvenience that was caused. Could you please tell me if he showed him a other Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur before training the first Charmander he got? Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

General Support | Bug Resolution Center | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.

It doesnt have to be full happiness for Oak to accept it. That you traded it is also not the issue as I traded multiple starters for the quest and never had a problem doing so.

Dont know what else could be wrong here though.

Hey there!

I am sorry for the inconvenience that was caused. Could you please tell me if he showed him a other Charmander/Squirtle/Bulbasaur before training the first Charmander he got? Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

Hi, he showed it to Oak when it was still a charmander, in fact Oak agreed that it could handle the mega evolution, instead of saying " thats not the pokemon i asked for". In fact he has no other charmander/squirtle/bulbasaur that meet the requirements of the quest.

Hey there!

Could you please let me know what happened afterwards? Did he show him a different starter before attempting to battle him? This could have been Squirtle or Bulbasaur aswell. Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper sub-forum so others can share their knowledge and help.

Hey there!

Could you please let me know what happened afterwards? Did he show him a different starter before attempting to battle him? This could have been Squirtle or Bulbasaur aswell. Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

Hi. No, he didnt show any other pokemon besides charmander (after he captured it) and charizard (once he trained it and evolved it). He has blastoise and a venusaur, but both are not level 100 and were captured before the quest started. It seems he tried to fight Oak but his team had more than 1 pokemon, so oak rejected the battle, then when he came back, Oak didn´t want to battle him.

Hey there!

Could you please tell me the username of your friend? Content Scripter will have a closer look into the issue. Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

spacer.png

Hey there!

Could you please tell me the username of your friend? Content Scripter will have a closer look into the issue. Looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards, Noxious

Hi, his username is xWarGreyx, he has a character in the gold server.

Thank you for your assistance