NPC Dialogue Errors [NOT NPC BUGS]

Unknown007

• Novus changed the title to NPC Dialogue Errors [NOT NPC BUGS]
  • Novus pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

As the screenshot shows, Birch mentions me being the champion of Hoenn, which just isn't true at the given moment (just two badges). One might also be confused about what Birch is saying, if you haven't played the game before and know, that Steven Stone is the Hoenn Champion (potentially a spoiler, too).

screenshot_294.jpg.830f21c1ae7a4b5fb4a95d7b4b766e52.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have noticed several instances of "broken English" being used by NPCs. I only recently learnt about this forum post so I was not able to screen capture most of these errors. If at all possible I would love to help out in what I can to correct these, perhaps by looking at a transcript of the dialogue so I can correctly identify and fix them. For now the only one I could screen capture is this one while doing the Lake Trio story. After beating Commander Saturn and releasing the trio, if you press the button again, the dialogue reads as "Better don't touch it since all the Lake Trio already released". It should read something like this instead "The Lake Trio has already been released, I'd better not touch it".

grammatical error.png

• 1 month later...

There is a grammatical error when talking to the NPC Catty Del Rey in Origin forest. The message uses the words "for you" twice and it is redundant.

There are two different ways this can be re-written, please see below.

• Unfortunately, there isn't anything important for you here.
  • Unfortunately for you, there isn't anything important here.

817431975_CattyDelReygrammar.PNG.0e70c970ca135e40d86dde6a9d3e198d.PNG

Thank you, 

Konsurpegg