Switch Pokémon in battle

Poohbare

In other Pokémon fangames and official games when you defeat a trainer's Pokémon and the game will tell you how much exp. then tell you what Pokémon the trainer is gonna throw out next and asks you if you want to switch, yeah that's not in the game, to my knowledge, and Id honestly think it'd be a great feature. The biggest downside of the lack of this feature is the under necessary penalties that hinder your performance in battle. I noticed two, lets say you need to switch your Pokémon after you defeat one of a trainer or bosses Pokémon, either because the Pokémon you have out is at a disadvantage or you want to get exp on a different Pokémon, you cant. Two things will happen,  you throw another Pokémon and it will either get severely hurt or die, and two the amount of exp you get when you switch Pokémon's will be [heck] poor pathetic, and you would of basically wasted exp by switching and you cant level the Pokémon you were trying to train. Its just inconvenient. I just started so idk if this feature will come later or if its not in the game for some reason, but I think it should be. 

• Like 1

In the main series games, theres two modes, shift and set battles. Shift is what youre talking about and set is what PRO uses as its format.

The main series games use shift as its default but have set as an option, mostly to increase difficulty a bit. PRO uses set to increase difficulty as well, I doubt its going to be changed

chozgbanner.png

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, Norex said:

-1, makes the game less challenging and I always felt like its unfair that there was an option to switch after defeating a pokemon in the original games.

+1 to the original post. Why not make it so that Boss Battles, Gym leaders and PVP all have Set battle modes, but anything else such as trainers in the story line and in quests have it set to shift.
I understand it would make some things less challenging but looking at certain quests, it should be a good addition because some are WAY too difficult for no clear reason. (Such as the Keldeo Quest)