Add a warning to the worldquest pokemon

Hundjager

Hi there, upon returning to the game a few days ago I experienced today my first world quest and got the 0.5% with the Elgyem. I got my ticket and was told I could go to the island to fight for the chance of a pokemon. So I headed there and I was told I could leave and get a sync (By a player in the help channel) not knowing that upon interacting with the pokemon that was there that I can't go back after that. Please add a warning prompt that if you leave that fight you lose the chance to catch that pokemon as this is quite frustrating to lose this chance because of this.

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, iceflake said:

-1 for me
the "You encountered a Special form pokemon/shiny pokemon" was put in place b/c a load of users were complaining about Running away from them.  if you run away from a WQ pokemon you still have plenty of time to get another as they are not special.  Personally i would like the option to even turn this off since i don't like the text box, it ruins the excitement for me.
having the box appear just for a WQ pokemon just seems to handholdy.

you misunderstood, or i did, what he's suggesting, i think, is that upon interaction with the poke it gives you a warning to catch the pokemon, to make sure that you have your sync. because if you run away after starting the battle it's gone

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

1 minute ago, g3n3r4l said:

you misunderstood, or i did, what he's suggesting, i think, is that upon interaction with the poke it gives you a warning to catch the pokemon, to make sure that you have your sync. because if you run away after starting the battle it's gone

You got it, 100% just wanted it to let you know that if you run away it will be gone.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, ThatGuyGareth said:

You got it, 100% just wanted it to let you know that if you run away it will be gone.

ah i thought you ment giving the special encounter message when en counting the wq poke your hunting for the ticket.  ill change my reply soon.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

It would be nice to notify the common player in a simple way (i.e someone who don't use the forums for any guides or the wiki page)

A confirmation message before entering the battle, would at least make them aware that they can in fact leave the island and come back, before fighting the boss with a sync Pokemon.

Or come prepared with a Masterball, should it be a Legendary.

And perhaps having a second confirmation on the "surrender/run" when fighting the boss?

But why? Some would maybe think "Oh, but if I run, I can re-battle it, because it's not "dead".

This in theory could also lead to many unaware players doing this simple mistake and loose their one chance to fight it.

+1 to this suggestion.

While it has no "negative" side to it, it could in some cases be annoying for "pro" players that often travels there.

But, in the grand schemes of things, it will be worth it to help the common player, who at some point will travel there.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

While it has no "negative" side to it, it could in some cases be annoying for "pro" players that often travels there.

But, in the grand schemes of things, it will be worth it to help the common player, who at some point will travel there.

I do agree with the idea of not trying to make it so annoying for the people who are aware as to what it is that's going on. However a small prompt is all I was suggesting in this instance that running is permanent. I just hadn't realised what it was, I just thought it was a generic pokemon that you see around and press space on and it has some random emote etc.

Not having any prior knowledge of this event/system is the issue here for myself, I wouldn't have ran from it at all if I wasn't told in the help chat that I can go back and get a sync etc, as much as I'm at fault for leaving it would have been nice to have some form of notification with having no experience of this event. The experience for a new user to it I feel could be better.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, ThatGuyGareth said:

I do agree with the idea of not trying to make it so annoying for the people who are aware as to what it is that's going on. However a small prompt is all I was suggesting in this instance that running is permanent. I just hadn't realised what it was, I just thought it was a generic pokemon that you see around and press space on and it has some random emote etc.

Not having any prior knowledge of this event/system is the issue here for myself, I wouldn't have ran from it at all if I wasn't told in the help chat that I can go back and get a sync etc, as much as I'm at fault for leaving it would have been nice to have some form of notification with having no experience of this event. The experience for a new user to it I feel could be better.

Exactly!

Birth island is basically not explained to the player upon joining it, unless you decide to investigate what it is.

You're basically on your own from the get-go.

While some players often do tend reach out in chat, asking what this and that are. And at most times get a decent answer that would help them sort things out.

There are others that tends to go look on the forums, which happens to have this lovely guide to help explain the whole WQ and mystery ticket.

And others that visit the support section on PRO's Discord for help.

But, there is also sadly the common player who do not do any of these 3 to seek out help, and thus falls victim to what you experienced.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

But, there is also sadly the common player who do not do any of these 3 to seek out help, and thus falls victim to what you experienced.

I did look up the mysterious ticket and the event in general on the pro wiki, it was only because someone in the help chat had told me I could just leave the fight and go back that I had done it. I wouldn't assume that I'd be given false information and wasn't told by anyone else if it was the incorrect information so I'd have no reason to doubt it. Just a learning curve really, at least if this is a thing to happen it shouldn't happen to anyone else. However will have to see if it's even something they'd want to implement 

spacer.png