Seilorenso

Pretty much the same thing you explained is already in the game.

Here is the quest to unlock the transportation system for Kanto and Johto: https://prowiki.info/index.php?title=Intraregional_Subway_(quest)

and here is the quest to unlock the transportation system for Hoenn and Sinnoh: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/75454-updated-hoenn-teleport-quest/

Well, if I were to compare this suggestion to another game's mecahnism, I would say it resembles World of Warcraft's flight system. Which makes you visit the other NPC to unlock it.

However, as @Norexexplained above, if you are unfamiliar that there actually exists a system for this, then I suppose this isn't a suggestion to improve the already existing system in-game, but you being unaware of the current systems that exist.

But I'll just relay my thought for potentially why a new system is or isn't needed on PRO.

In some cases, a new system could have been the ideal way to treverse the PRO universe.

However, it would stride from what Pokemon had implemented for its prior games as transportation and the current systems in place right now is more or less "unique" to PRO.

With the replacement of HM Fly outside battles, other systems were implemented to make it easier for the player to travel between cities and also serve as a great moneysink.

If I were to remove something and replace it with a better system, it would be the teleport system for Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Its kind of boring if you ask me, unlike walking into a train station, either in Saffron/Goldenrod City or in any Pokecenter underground.

The current transit system is a okay moneysink, but I actually think that adjusting prices for popular areas would be a decent solution.

But it can become quickly biased and people would just teleport to the nearby town to save a few Pokedollars, and there is no good way to avoid that.

TL;DR

Current systems in place right now are okay and a decent moneysink.

I would change Hoenn and Sinnoh teleport system for something more unique and interesting.

Adjusting prices for different cities are a decent suggestion, but can quickly become biased and people would tp to the nearest town to save a few bucks.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png