Please Update Prowiki if info is not correct compared to game!

Eunia

PROwiki states that TM Rock Polish works on Metagross but its not working. Smogon/showdown it works as well. But in game it does not...? I actually spent all day getting a metagross, doing the mega quest, getting the tm, and now it doesn't work even though your wiki page says so...? Can you guys fix this or make a post about why its not working?

https://prowiki.info/index.php?title=Rock_Polish

Edited by Seoulmate
  • Like 1

eevo.gif.88d014eddc516ba802b8acd79ad33113.gif

Hello @Seoulmate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

You are correct that Metagross is unable to learn Rock Polish through the use of the in-game TM. This should not be the case and has been forwarded to the responsible parties.

As for the PRO Wiki: it is a website not supported or maintained by Staff. It is updated solely by players. As such, it is prone to mistakes and errors. 

Metagross should be able to learn Rock Polish through the TM, so the Wiki is correct. 

If you find an actual error on the Wiki, you can report it on the PRO Wiki Discussion thread or in the PRO Wiki Discord server. In either case, I will answer you and fix the potential error.

• Like 1

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Allow me to elaborate on the fact that the PRO Wiki is upheld by other volunteers, not just staff, names like myself, and Waleed1301, and more notably, @Gio, along with many others. We don't have all the information given to us, or the time to edit everything down whenever we can. We need to get the data ourselves, then change it afterwards. I openly invite you to join the PRO Wiki Discord and let us editors know of faults on the wiki, along with respective corrections in the #Wiki-support channel. Or all simply, in the PRO Wiki Discussion Thread on forums. 

Again, we can't change things, if we don't know where they are. So having help from other players, greatly improves our ability to work. If you just intend on telling us something is wrong, while useful as that may be, giving us the corrected information is more appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Seoulmate said:

image.png.f3330182d61ee0218ab741787bf80710.pngand you guys changed the old rock polish guy to tutor diff move now too...

Thank you for brining this up, I have actually already changed this just over a week ago on the Union Cave page on the wiki, and a week prior to that, @Gio had changed the Rock Polish page so that it told you the correct location as well. I do not know where you would have found on the wiki that it says Rock Polish is still in Union Cave, however you can freely message myself, or just make a post in the discord, or the forum thread, on what needs a correction.

As for your Metagross, I will await a reply from staff here to see what they say, as all the resources I've found have also indicated that Metagross is able to learn Rock Polish in gen 7 via TM.

• Like 2

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif