Escape Rope CC Item

Sirchancelot

It was a function widely used by every player including staff. Them taking it away was to fix a different glitch. They did not take it away because it was a "bug" from what I read. That's the fundamental difference. Is that we traded something we use, to fix something else. I've offered a solution. As for your example, You've trade nothing for your repels, and you were NEVER able to get infinite repels. You WERE able to pokecenter out of everything battle wise.

The difference is between "Something we had and widely used" vs "Something we've never had". 

You were NEVER able to Infinite Masterball everything for CC
You WERE able to pokecenter for free
You were NEVER able to get infinite hp/pp items
You WERE able to pokecenter for free
etc

Edited by SirChancelot
Hi I'm Chance. I have a hard time Dealing with people. If you think I'm being rude or short please just understand That I'm weird as heck and that its probably me and not you. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you would like to commission me for Pixel Art Character Sprites next to your favorite Pokemon PM me on discord
SirChancelot#9800

❤️Support me here if ya want❤️

• Developer
1 hour ago, SirChancelot said:

It was a function widely used by every player including staff. Them taking it away was to fix a different glitch. They did not take it away because it was a "bug" from what I read. That's the fundamental difference. Is that we traded something we use, to fix something else. I've offered a solution. As for your example, You've trade nothing for your repels, and you were NEVER able to get infinite repels. You WERE able to pokecenter out of everything battle wise.

Heyho, we removed that "option" cause it was not supposed to work that way. Before it was a rather fragile code we didn't want to touch, but we recently reworked the battle end and that made it a really easy and risk free change. The money-sink is surely a good side-effect but was not the sole reason we changed it.

Therefore, I have to deny your suggestion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eaty said:

Heyho, we removed that "option" cause it was not supposed to work that way. Before it was a rather fragile code we didn't want to touch, but we recently reworked the battle end and that made it a really easy and risk free change. The money-sink is surely a good side-effect but was not the sole reason we changed it.

Therefore, I have to deny your suggestion.

Wanting money sinks means the economy is toast. 

Putting safari time, adding bulk ultra balls, trasit passes, those are things that removed/lightened money sinks. 

I have a degree in economics so dont bother trying to tell me the economy in this game is curable. Its destroyed. Adding another money sink is just a very agressively anti-player move.  That being said i guess you really didnt "add" anything. It just inherently became a money sink after you fixed the 🍝 code

But if the code was just spaghetti that makes a lot of sense. You guys did a really good job fixing it up! In that regard thank whomever had the time and skill to fix the bug. Im in favor of a better game. 

Is there any additional reasons not pertaining to the economic fallacy I might not be aware of? Just trying to understand the developmental viewpoint more clearly. 

Edited by SirChancelot
Hi I'm Chance. I have a hard time Dealing with people. If you think I'm being rude or short please just understand That I'm weird as heck and that its probably me and not you. 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If you would like to commission me for Pixel Art Character Sprites next to your favorite Pokemon PM me on discord
SirChancelot#9800

❤️Support me here if ya want❤️

6 hours ago, SirChancelot said:

Wanting money sinks means the economy is toast. 

Putting safari time, adding bulk ultra balls, trasit passes, those are things that removed/lightened money sinks. 

I have a degree in economics so dont bother trying to tell me the economy in this game is curable. Its destroyed. Adding another money sink is just a very agressively anti-player move.  That being said i guess you really didnt "add" anything. It just inherently became a money sink after you fixed the 🍝 code

But if the code was just spaghetti that makes a lot of sense. You guys did a really good job fixing it up! In that regard thank whomever had the time and skill to fix the bug. Im in favor of a better game. 

Is there any additional reasons not pertaining to the economic fallacy I might not be aware of? Just trying to understand the developmental viewpoint more clearly. 

I have two degrees in economics. I think its good how it is now.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

It won't cure the game economy but it's better this way than with the disconnect from battle system.

The only way to cure economy is to rethink the multi-account system so people don't get rewards on 4account both servers.
With 15-20 boss on 4 accounts doing bosses on both servers each week, it is roughly 3M p$ per player / week including money sinks with 10h playtime.
Either lower the rewards on subsequent accounts or add more limitations.
Octo-account is injecting way too much p$ in the game and money sinks won't ever be able to compensate for it,

I mostly see the escape rope stuff as a bugfix. The escape rope cost is too ridiculous compared to the p$ multi-account generate.
The idea of an item to replace escape rope doesn't look in coherence with pokemon games and would reduce the positive money sink effect.