[Social Tab] Add Device Icons/Text on the Friends tab

Desumi

Add Device Icons/Text on the Friends tab

image.png.4f4ed4b44a48fe014ddd455414d342da.png

Short description:

Add device icons/text on the Friends tab, allowing your friends to know which device you are currently connecting to PRO's client with (PC, Mac, Android, Linux etc).

Why it should be implemented:

With all the different device platforms available, its bound to be a lot of users who wanna know which device their friends are currently playing on. And it would be interesting to see how many friends are playing on a Mac or heck even a Linux device. I feel like the Social tab has long been neglected and has been in a frozen state for years. While the GUI is bound to be changed at some point, I feel the system should also be updated accordingly with something small and neat as this feature. 

Is this even feasible to implement?

Honestly, I cannot fathom a reason why it wouldn't be viable to code this feature with so many platform versions available to download. In theory, all you would need to do is to push the device information to whatever system is connected to the Friends Tab and have something that register the device platform and then display such on the Friends list. But, it probably gets even more advanced if I knew how the system worked. But, on paper it shouldn't be hard, unless the Friends System and or Social Tab is legit hardcoded into oblivion. Its not... is it?

Just 3 quick sketches of how it could potentially look like (with the current GUI):

It does not strive too far from the current "theme" that PRO follows and it utilizes the same color pallet with a slighty grayer-ish tone for the platform text.

The text font is randomly picked and was the font that I had installed which was the most "visible" one, as I do not know what font PRO uses on the Friends list.

Icons + Platform Text (example):

Spoiler

This has both the icons before the username and the current device/platform in parentheses behind the username.

It is not visually cluttering and you get plenty of rich information, both through the Icons and the texts behind each username.

56213348_Iconsplustext.jpg.27537c5b6a477290e9648a33cb6d3069.jpg

Just The Device/Platform Text (example):

Spoiler

This example is keeping the button-shaped icons intact. But instead displaying the current system connected to PRO within parentheses behind the username.

635505228_Onlytext.jpg.19e195ec65b5ca9e386818d71fda3b62.jpg

Just The Icons (example):

Spoiler

This features just the icons in itself, cloaked with whatever status you're currently on ("Available" or "Away").

They replace the old boring button-shaped icons and instead displays whatever system you're currently connected with.

907073458_Onlyicons.jpg.e18b4488930d0b88140fa342bbe02594.jpg

All constructive feedback is greatly appriciated.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

• 1 month later...