New PVE: Hunting Unown, word of the day

B0t

Recently, I noticed that a cool alphabetical Pokemon like Unown is pretty much useless in this game, given it’s mediocre stats and move pool, I do still find it attractive in a way like for shiny collections, having completed all of it is definitely achievement and a must have for all shiny collectors and yet til this day, no one’s even collected all of its alphabetical shiny form, the reason? its pretty simple..no one’s interested hunting it, and with no given boss/quest/event reward for shiny Unown.

The idea

A secret passage inside of dungeon ruins, where you can find a rewards there. To activate the entrance path, you need to decipher it first by talking to archaeologist to read hieroglyphic inscriptions and requires many Unown composed as words to unlock it.

ex. S, U, F, F, E, R, I, N, G

• as stated, you will need to caught them, 9 Unown that corresponds to the alphabetical word
  • this is just example and not necessarily needed for 9 letters long

Daily? like daily word of the day?

or Daily but there are 7 part, the mechanism is there’s a cd like 1 day to unlock each part and rewards will be given when it’s opened after finishing the last part.

Every 3 days?

Weekly? once in every week

- Rewards are debatable but items like PP UP would be awesome

• Like 4

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

+1

As for potential rewards, how about being given a garanteed shiny Pokemon from a set predefined Pokemon, on any successful 15 day streak and a garanteed Shiny Unown on any 30 day streak and it resets once 30 is reached? Much like the Sinnoh Newspaper and its shiny Wingull. While it won't really target the broadest of players, its still a neat addition for those that want to collect forgotten or uninteresting Pokemon (or not as popular - is a better term), much like Unown.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

+1

It will be cool and fun addition to have an Unown content just like in original games like Mystery Dungeon: EoS.

This will expose players to Unowns that will give us more chances of getting a shiny Unown which is fun to collect.

I suggest splitting Unown spawn by time(ex. A B C D E F G if morning and the rest are day and night) or by area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...