Create an additional tier to indicate the most common spawn on a route.

Karyoplasma

The removal of the Tier 1 to 9 system has reportedly been implemented to stop players from excluding a route to hunt a target just because it has a lower tier somewhere else. The best example for that was Shuppet which was T6 in Mt Pyre 3F, but players flocked to Mt Pyre Exterior because it was indicated as a T5 there. In reality, 3F was a way better spawn because it had less T1s in the area.

T1 spawns are the ones that take up most of the hunting time, so every spot that has a lot of them is terrible for rarer mons, no matter how you twist it. If you want to farm anything uncommon or rare, avoid T1 spawns like the plague.

I heavily and vocally opposed the change and got told that I should just give it a chance, so I did and my main gripe with it is still unresolved. All the update did was making the choice of hunting spots more of a crapshoot. Bundling T1 to T3 into a single category was a mistake.

The fix, in my eyes would be relatively aimple: Create a new exclusive category for former T1, leave the rest as is. This small change will do heaps for the farming spot selection.

I don't think putting them into their own exclusive category would do a whole much for the spawning mechanism and would create more confusion. Furthermore, I like how the game currently plays and I don't think the spawning mechanism would need another upgrade/downgrade to its performence. But then again, I don't hunt on a daily/weekly basis and mainly just during WQs.

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

Absolute -1, it would render Spawn Editor's work completely pointless if players just ignored 90%+ of spawns and just went to a single one. All the hours working towards making routes with great syncability and better pokemon going completely down the drain. Not just that, take a pokemon encounter counter and realise the "T1" spots are so variable that in certain routes a T1 can reach the chances you'd "assume" from T4-T5 pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!