Repel pokes in prowiki not visiable anymore

Q25

Hello im checking since 1week the prowiki repel topic but the repelable pokes are not visible anymore.

I had a long break and before i could see all pokes which i could repel in the topic but sadly not anymore.

is it possible to make them see again any soon ? was very very helpful to see each repelable poke in one place

Repel - Pokemon Revolution Online Wiki

Alhamdu Lillahi Rabbel A'lameen ☝️

After the last update of spawns from the public spawn dumps, the person would need to manually insert the repel locations again for each spawn. And I doubt anyone have the time to do all that now, but maybe one of the editors will in the future. At least when I updated it in the past, I had a math.max formula (that wasn't perfect) that included a ton of repel locations, however this was not done by the last user who updated it and it now needs to be inserted manually. I'm still looking into making a formula that includes the majority of repel locations, so that a user wouldn't need to insert them manually.

• Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

hmm yea makes sense that it changed after the repel update. i could help also if needed if i would get a list which pokes are repelable so i could make a spreadsheet with each location and lvl requirement and other informations.

hope we can get it back soon 🙂 was very nice to have that information on prowiki

35 minutes ago, Q25 said:

hmm yea makes sense that it changed after the repel update. i could help also if needed if i would get a list which pokes are repelable so i could make a spreadsheet with each location and lvl requirement and other informations.

hope we can get it back soon 🙂 was very nice to have that information on prowiki

Yeah it was indeed.

However, I'm currently in the process of making a Discord bot right now (probably not heard about it, but its called Bulba), and this bot uses a formula to automatically apply said values to the spawns, as accurately as possible. With the last push I did, I was unaware that a area can have multiple repelable Pokemon and not just 1 overall from a evolution family. Thereafter my current system was flawed and I have worked on a new formula ever since. My last push had a few repel locations (by using math.max() which is flawed), fixed alolan names, dex IDs and removed all duplicates, unlike the current which is a direct copy-paste without any changes irrc and was not updated by me. So in short, once I find a better formula to calculate repel locations I can basically copy-paste land and water spawns and update both in a single batch and mostly all repelable locations will be shown again.

Edited by Desumi
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Desumi said:

Yeah it was indeed.

However, I'm currently in the process of making a Discord bot right now (probably not heard about it, but its called Bulba), and this bot uses a formula to automatically apply said values to the spawns, as accurately as possible. With the last push I did, I was unaware that a area can have multiple repelable Pokemon and not just 1 overall from a evolution family. Thereafter my current system was flawed and I have worked on a new formula ever since. My last push had a few repel locations (by using math.max() which is flawed), fixed alolan names, dex IDs and removed all duplicates, unlike the current which is a direct copy-paste without any changes irrc and was not updated by me. So in short, once I find a better formula to calculate repel locations I can basically copy-paste land and water spawns and update both in a single batch and mostly all repelable locations will be shown again.

That Bulba bot seems really nice and most likely will be a nice quality of life change!

Sounds like decent amount of work with the formula but your the expert here 🙂 If there can be any help from us (community) we would be glad to help with whatever!
wish you the best success on it and thanks for the brief explanation :RowletHeart:

• Like 1

Hello @Q25. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I’ve re-added the information needed for the Repel page to work properly for the Land spawns. Tomorrow I will do the Surf spawns. You should be able to see all the Pokémon with repel tricks in about a day or two.

If there is any missing repel trick, please let me know and I’ll fix it immediately. Feel free to direct any Wiki-related issues directly to me.

• Like 1

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.

Added back the Surf spawns. Took longer than expected, but they will be visible again soon.

Since no further action is needed to be taken, I will lock this thread. Once again, if you have any questions or issues with the PRO Wiki, feel free to send them to me and I'll take a look.

Have a great day.

20210315_182419.GIF.600580dc17bf992ac675ff6acd0178f9.GIF

Game Rules  |  Resolution Center  |  PRO Wiki

Instead of privately contacting Staff, make a thread, it may help other players.