Halloween Map Contest 2022

Mapper

2011536006_pokemon_center_japan_halloween_2022_illustration.jpeg.5ad7e5542a92170899da28170b8ee6fb.jpeg

It's the spookiest time of the year again, time to get your costumes and your candies ready for this year's Halloween. But until then it's time to unleash the scariest parts of your imagination and create the creepiest maps you can!

requirements.png

This year's requirements are simple. You only have to make your map as scary as you can and give it your best Halloween feel!

Both indoors and outdoors maps are allowed.

rulesinfo.png

- All maps submitted have to be between 60x60 and 100x100 in size.

- The PROEditor program must be used for the maps. The editor can be downloaded from #mapping-introductions on the official 

PRO Discord.

- Current staff members, mapper apprentices and former staff members are not allowed to participate.

- For now only Windows users or people with access to a Windows OS can participate because the editor only works under Windows.

- The maps have to be submitted as screenshots below this post by October 31st, no late submissions will be accepted or counted. The winners of the contest will be announced shortly after and prizes will be sent out.

- To get started with mapping you can go to the  #mapping-introductions channel in PRO Discord, and to get help from other users you can check out the #map-showcase channel.

prizes.png

First Place: A trade-locked Halloween themed Pokemon with Nature of your choice.*

Second Place: Two options of your choice from the prize pool below

Third Place: One option of your choice from the prize pool below

Prize Pool: 1xIV Locked Reroll Ticket, 2xBig Train Tickets, 1x60d MS, 2xCC

*The forms include all forms released before 2022. You can choose the Ability if you do not want HA. Else the ability can be randomised with a chance of getting the HA. IVs will be randomized.

• Like 11

Interested Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
Announcements § Bug Reports § Mapper Recruitment § Mapping Bugs § Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be handled by Loki.

The rules are very clear formulated, but still I'd like to ask: Is it 100% just about the look and I can swap layers, make stuff that would never work ingame etc. or should it be playable in some way?

Spoiler

cool event

Edited by Bash
  • Checked/Done 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

8 hours ago, Bash said:

The rules are very clear formulated, but still I'd like to ask: Is it 100% just about the look and I can swap layers, make stuff that would never work ingame etc. or should it be playable in some way?

Reveal hidden contents

cool event

7 hours ago, Jadeash said:

I feel like there's some information missing. What exactly makes a map a winning map(aside from execution)? Just scary? Or are there any other requirements?

Hello there, excellent question. The things we are mostly looking for are:

- How well the map fits the Halloween theme and adheres to it

- The overall creativity and aesthetics that went into the map as well as the feel it gives off

- The mechanical and technical aspect of it. We would like it to be as functional as possible, so making use of proper mapping techniques.

Below I have attached two existing maps in the game that show what we would like to see as examples of both exterior and interior maps. The first is Necropolis and the second is Witchs Tavern:

image.png.7aec00ffb1505d5485450d4723bb4139.png

image.png.71a082c2a7c2fc31464e28a408ce0cd8.png

I hope this clears everything up and we are looking forward to your amazing creations.

Kind regards

Mapper

• Like 3

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be handled by Loki.

On 9/20/2022 at 1:43 PM, Ldrago0310j said:

sir please make pro editor 32 bit so that i can also take part in this contest

There is no working 32bit version as it caused saving issues. The editor available is the same one mappers use and as almost all map on windows 64bit there has been no need for a Mac, Linux or Windows 32 bit version sadly.

Hi, is there a limit for someone to submit? like 1 player only submit one map, or 1 player can submit 1 indoor and 1 outdoor, or everyone can submit more then 1. Thnx

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, Lyn1311 said:

Hi, is there a limit for someone to submit? like 1 player only submit one map, or 1 player can submit 1 indoor and 1 outdoor, or everyone can submit more then 1. Thnx

You can submit as many as you want but you will have to choose only one for us to consider as your contest entry. So better decide which one you want and then post just one.

12 minutes ago, Jadeash said:

Are we allowed to add lore with the submission of the maps to clarify some of the logic we used when creating the map?

Yes that's fine.

• Like 1

Map name: Dark Edge

"The stench of death is all that remains. Legends spoke of a witch that used to live in the shack at the edge of the Dark Forest. Not one of those old days went by without the screams of agony reverberating around these trees. Even in our present day it seems the curses haven't subsided. The caretaker's house, or what remains of it, is standing proof. Poor guy had to take this job to feed his 4 children and send them away from this cursed land. Only his and his wife's remains were buried here. A general suggestion would have said they died from the well's poisoned waters that went bad ages ago. But no one would believe me if I told them it was the lingering spirits' wrath and agony. I have been camping this site for a few weeks now. If a spirit doesn't kill me in my sleep it will be cutting down those dreadful trees. My hands are getting worse by the day. Those trees make me feel weird.. like they suck the soul out of you. I could swear I saw something red shining between those vines last night. It feels like eyes that are dead set on me. I am being watched." 

2051118363_HalloMap.PNG.713a105058dceb553743bbb7d3f59d58.PNG

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Checked/Done 1