Halloween Map Contest 2022

Mapper

After closely inspecting Jadeash's map, if there's a way up to the higher elevated area, it's either by coming up from the map below this one, or perhaps by climbing up the wall on what looks like a spider web on the left side near a tree xD.  I might have to give mapping a try in the near future. I haven't made a map since like 2006 lol. (Just looked up the old program that I used to use. It was called "Advance Map". Good memories! ^^)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sk8trgod618 said:

After closely inspecting Jadeash's map, if there's a way up to the higher elevated area, it's either by coming up from the map below this one, or perhaps by climbing up the wall on what looks like a spider web on the left side near a tree xD.  I might have to give mapping a try in the near future. I haven't made a map since like 2006 lol. (Just looked up the old program that I used to use. It was called "Advance Map". Good memories! ^^)

Commendable powers of observation there sir :3 There is indeed supposed to be no connection between the 3 areas of the map.... except for one. If you direct your attention to the big orange tree in the right area you'll see there's an entrance there similar to that of the Viridian Maze. Now, where does that tree lead? I'll leave that to your imagination~

With the first leaves of autumn filling the roads and the Sawsbuck returning to their moors, the citizens of my town are preparing to celebrate the most spookiest party of the year. I just hope I don't come across any terrifying pokemon. 

PRO Halloween apply.png

Edited by Oblision
I fixed some errors with tails.
  • Like 1
  • Checked/Done 1

"RIverTomb Village"

Final Map

Spoiler

finalllll.PNG.ef21c4ada81b0bf0f755341f9ef085f3.PNG

Map Utility

Spoiler

little bit about the map utility, there are 3 main area; Graveyard area (graveyard and tomb castle), River area (river tomb and ghost ship), Village area (pokecenter, poke mart, temple ruins). Player cant access river area and graveyard area through bridge, player must use 'secret stair' to get to graveyard area (stair number 4 and 5). iam plan this will be main map with some mini map. those mini map can be access through castle, ghost ship and temple ruins. we can also add little dungeon/underground below the map. so player must pass this mini dungeon/underground before reaching graveyard area from village area. earth pit number 6 also can be entrance to dungeon/underground. without this 'mini map' numbered area can be used as decoration only tho. dont ask how did that ship got there, its ghost ship 😄, it can be wherever it wants. also we can add tiny detail that this ghost ship only can be seen at certain time like 12.am poketime or else

image.jpeg.77fb2a20ee63fb7d06db348980b51518.jpeg

My 1st time making map, there might be some layer error or etc, will fix it if there is time. map application is simple and easy to use except tiles menu is very frustating, will be nice if add search menu or favorite tiles. Thnx Much!

Edited by Lyn1311
  • Like 1
  • Checked/Done 1

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I won't be able to finish the map in time, however I still wanted to submit it.

A strange winter was upon this so often called 'a calm town', in the mountain side... Snow was formed from within the caves and a strange feeling rages from within... Why is there a crystal shining inside the old crater?...

the map:

Spoiler

image.png.0c1f2e300066d9ab8bc73cdc04ca3353.png

the paths within the map: 

Spoiler

image.png.ce01d67af97299957ef1bed344d21e9a.png

• Mapper locked this topic