[TUTORIAL] How to PRO on GNU/Linux

Marcylene

188758 I found that if the client stops working after some time you can try to fix it by deleting .config/unity3d/PROTeam.

This will remove all the configuration files (Resolution, Key Binding, etc..) that could be corrupted and make the client not starting anymore.

Then when you laucnh the game again the folder will be back with fresh and working files for configuration.

Oh nice, thanks for the info! Hadn't looked for the location of the configuration files. Maybe fully cleaning the cache trash could also help out!

echo 2 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm having this little issue to run it in linux, there's any known solution?

LMint PRO952_Linux # ./PROLinux64_952.x86_64

Set current directory to /home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux

Found path: /home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Managed'

Mono path[1] = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Mono'

Mono config path = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Mono/etc'

displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4

client has 3 screens

displaymanager screen (0)(LVDS1): 1366 x 768

Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs

Aborted

thanks !!

• 2 weeks later...
192452 Hi, I'm having this little issue to run it in linux, there's any known solution?

LMint PRO952_Linux # ./PROLinux64_952.x86_64

Set current directory to /home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux

Found path: /home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Managed'

Mono path[1] = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Mono'

Mono config path = '/home/rodrigo/Escritorio/PRO952_Linux/PROLinux64_952_Data/Mono/etc'

displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.4

client has 3 screens

displaymanager screen (0)(LVDS1): 1366 x 768

Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs

Aborted

thanks !!

Try cleaning cache files, updating and upgrading your system and kernel modules... Completely remove all PRO files and download them again. Mostly do a "Clean Installation" with everything up-to-date :Grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I got a problem with the Linux client on Arch Linux. This thread contains all the important bits about my system. Since most of the replies there point to this thread, I ask my question here as well, hope this is no "double post"..

The client does not play any sound at all on my system.

Is there any possibility for me to investigate the issue (like inspecting sources)? Is it possible to compile from source? I did nothing fancy, stick with the AUR package and a rather recent kernel.

Thanks in advance :)

210589 Hey guys,

I got a problem with the Linux client on Arch Linux. This thread contains all the important bits about my system. Since most of the replies there point to this thread, I ask my question here as well, hope this is no "double post"..

The client does not play any sound at all on my system.

Is there any possibility for me to investigate the issue (like inspecting sources)? Is it possible to compile from source? I did nothing fancy, stick with the AUR package and a rather recent kernel.

Thanks in advance :)

Try with all the Pulseaudio libraries for 32 bit audio playing. Maybe it could fix it.

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea as to why when I try and execute the game with my VPN running it won't open, but as soon as I close my VPN it works fine?

If I try and start the VPN after the game is already running Cinnamon will crash.

Running Linux Mint 18.

Thanks

210921 Thanks Marcy, that did the trick.

For arch users, the package in question is 'lib32-libpulse', sitting in the multilib repo.

You are welcome! And thanks for the arch's audio lib :Grin:

218900 Any idea as to why when I try and execute the game with my VPN running it won't open, but as soon as I close my VPN it works fine?

If I try and start the VPN after the game is already running Cinnamon will crash.

Running Linux Mint 18.

Thanks

Cinnamon has two different applications for editing networks.

Try editing the VPN connections manually by writing in the console:

nm-connection-editor

Hope it helps :Light:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I hope I'm not too late to ask for help. I followed the step by step guide but still can't open the game :(

~/Desktop/PRO $ ./PROLinux95_45.x86_64 -force-opengl

bash: ./PROLinux95_45.x86_64: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

even with the script that I use to follow

~/Desktop $ ./pro.txt

Executing PRO

./PROLinux95_45.x86_64: 2: ./PROLinux95_45.x86_64: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Please help :(