[TUTORIAL] How to PRO on GNU/Linux

Marcylene

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

I am stuck on the agreement page on ubuntu 16.04, pokemonPRO ver = PROLinux64Entei;

Anyone having similar issues ? I googled a bit but, could not find any such cases here either.,tips or suggestions?

Hi guys,

I am stuck on the agreement page on ubuntu 16.04, pokemonPRO ver = PROLinux64Entei;

Anyone having similar issues ? I googled a bit but, could not find any such cases here either.,tips or suggestions?

You should go to .config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution/ next open prefs file and change:

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>

from 1 to 0

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have an issue of my own:

[problem solved]

"./PROLinux64Entei.x86_64 -force-opengl" throws following error: Player data archive not found at `/home/.../PROLinux64Entei_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

[comments]

- I'm running Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty 64bit

- the game pops up for less then a second before closing again

- I followed the 4 steps mentioned in this thread | no success

- glxgears is running with around 2,6k fps | opengl support should be fine

- I found upper command in this forum thread: https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/pokemon-revolution-online-unter-ubuntu-14-04/ | apparently a dir or file is missing

- I have no data file in my games dir, even after downloading and extracting again multiple times | archive shouldn't be damaged either

[solution]

Actually this had nothing to do with the game. I had issues with my graphics card. The message "no player archive found" is no exception, only an informational print. It goes away after first game play. Dir creation at that point ;)

Hope this helps future players :)

m1l4

////@ thread master

pls remove this if double posted - got an gateway exception and am unsure, if it went through or not - sorry for the trouble

////

Hi all, I have an issue of my own:

[problem solved]

"./PROLinux64Entei.x86_64 -force-opengl" throws following error: Player data archive not found at `/home/.../PROLinux64Entei_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

[comments]

- I'm running Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty 64bit

- the game pops up for less then a second before closing again

- I followed the 4 steps mentioned in this thread | no success

- glxgears is running with around 2,6k fps | opengl support should be fine

- I found upper command in this forum thread: https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/pokemon-revolution-online-unter-ubuntu-14-04/ | apparently a dir or file is missing

- I have no data file in my games dir, even after downloading and extracting again multiple times | archive shouldn't be damaged either

[solution]

Actually this had nothing to do with the game. I had issues with my graphics card. The message "no player archive found" is no exception, only an informational print. It goes away after first game play. Dir creation at that point ;)

Hope this helps future players :)

m1l4

[problem]

game crashes when 3d acceleration is enabled in vmware player/workstation

[environment]

- ubuntu 17.04 as a vmware guest

- vmware workstation 12

[comment]

- disabling 3d acceleration in vmware player: game can be run slowly, takes eterneties to scroll threw dialogs

- enabling 3d acceleration in vmware player: game crashes after start producing this syslog

- during my testing I noticed, that more or less the same error log is produced when successfully starting the game with disabled 3d acc

- the 4 steps mentioned at the beginning of the thead were unsuccessfull

- glxgears is running with around 800+k fps | opengl support should be fine

Pls let me know, if you have an idea. Much appreaciated :)

• 1 month later...

Hello! I'm veeeery newbie in Linux OS, yesterday i've migrated from windows and I really don't know how to install PRO in this new enviroment, i'm using Debian 9.

I've tried with the traditional mode (double clicking) and it shows a message that says:

[offtopic]There is no installed application for "executable" files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?[/offtopic]

And when I try to find one, I don't find any.

Also, I've tried from the terminal using DPKG, APTITUDE and APT and nothing happens.

If theres someone who can help me, i'm an advanced user from windows but was necessary to migrate to debian, so... I don't want to leave my pokes :Grin: :Shy:

I Choose You!