[TUTORIAL] How to PRO on GNU/Linux

Marcylene

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

233627 Please help :(

Hey buddy, what are you running on? If you say Ubuntu i may be able to be of help lol.

Yes I'm running ubuntu (with xfce as my desktop environment) and I can actually run the game now! I installed the 32 bit one instead of 64 bit (facepalm)

But i have problem now, I cannot seem to set my desired resolution for the game. I can only toggle full screen on/off and that's about it.

Any suggestions?

233627 Please help :(

Hey buddy, what are you running on? If you say Ubuntu i may be able to be of help lol.

Yes I'm running ubuntu (with xfce as my desktop environment) and I can actually run the game now! I installed the 32 bit one instead of 64 bit (facepalm)

But i have problem now, I cannot seem to set my desired resolution for the game. I can only toggle full screen on/off and that's about it.

Any suggestions?

hmm. that sounds like how it acts on the android version of the game. From what ive seen so far there isnt much that you can do with that but if someone else has a different answer id love to hear it. I'm sorry i can't be of any help here. Is it majorly impacting your ability to play the game?

• 7 months later...

Hey guys I am running Arch linux with the kde plasma desktop environment. It's a fresh install a few friends from work would like to do a pokemon pro play through & have battles at the end. I am a little new to linux, had 32but Ubuntu before I swapped over to arch 64bit.

Issue

I downloaded the pokemon pro zip for linux 64bit from the official site & added the text doccument into my downloads folder

when i run in terminal I get this & it sits there forever

Code: Select all

Found path: /home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64_Data/Managed'

Mono path[1] = '/home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64_Data/Mono'

Mono config path = '/home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64_Data/Mono/etc'

displaymanager : xrandr version warning. 1.5

client has 3 screens

displaymanager screen (0)(VGA1): 1920 x 1080

Using libudev for joystick management

Importing game controller configs

and for the text document I added it from the arch install guide on these forums

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

echo "Executing PRO"

cd /home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64_Data

./home/joey/Downloads/PROLinux64.x86_64

• 1 month later...

ok so i have done all steps to install up to the executable flag setting in terminal, i have all mentioned dependencies installed (gcc and python) but it wont let me set the file as executable, giving this error:

chmod: changing permissions of 'PROLinux64.x86_64': Operation not supported

is there any other dependencies i'm missing possibly? i have the game on an external usb drive, might this be a problem when making the file an executable-flagged file or not? there are a lot of possible reasons that i can think of, just want to know if you have any particular idea what it might be please, and thanks in advance!

if you don't know either, i guess i could just revert my machine to windows, then play... (i hate windows though lol)

:thanks:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi PRO gamers (that's actually funny),

I changed my OS a week ago (windows 10 into ubuntu 16.04 LTS) and after the few steps posted on this topic, I have this error: "zsh: exec format error: ./PROLinux64.x86_64". I also have this file "@�E@@ (invalid encoding)" wich appears in my game directory.

I did all the steps of the topic (install python and gcc) and I really don't know what to do.

If someone who knows how to fix this problem is seeing this post, it would be marvellous if he or she replies to me :D

Have a great day !

Hi PRO gamers (that's actually funny),

I changed my OS a week ago (windows 10 into ubuntu 16.04 LTS) and after the few steps posted on this topic, I have this error: "zsh: exec format error: ./PROLinux64.x86_64". I also have this file "@�E@@ (invalid encoding)" wich appears in my game directory.

I did all the steps of the topic (install python and gcc) and I really don't know what to do.

If someone who knows how to fix this problem is seeing this post, it would be marvellous if he or she replies to me :D

Have a great day !

This is your issue:

zsh: exec format error:

This error means that your file is NOT an executable.

So you need to chmod again.

So do the following code:

chmod +x /path/to/PokemonPro

You can actually drag and drop the PokemonPro that is suppose to execute from your Downloads folder to get the direct path. If done correctly, terminal should not print anything.

If you are still running into issues, quote me and reply so I get the notification.