[TUTORIAL] How to PRO on GNU/Linux

Marcylene

Hello! I'm veeeery newbie in Linux OS, yesterday i've migrated from windows and I really don't know how to install PRO in this new enviroment, i'm using Debian 9.

I've tried with the traditional mode (double clicking) and it shows a message that says:

[offtopic]There is no installed application for "executable" files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?[/offtopic]

And when I try to find one, I don't find any.

Also, I've tried from the terminal using DPKG, APTITUDE and APT and nothing happens.

If theres someone who can help me, i'm an advanced user from windows but was necessary to migrate to debian, so... I don't want to leave my pokes :Grin: :Shy:

Best thing to do with errors in Linux is to google exactly what the error says and see what others have done to remedy the issue.

From: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1366252&p=8570297#post8570297

"The problem is that when you downloaded the file, it didn't get saved with executable permissions (which is by-design)...

The somewhat cryptic message you get means that, since it's not allowed to run the executable file, it doesn't know how to open it.

Give it exe-permissions:

1. Right-click the file and choose Properties

2. Click on the Permissions-tab

3. Mark the "Allow executing file as program" and then close

4. Double-click the file again

"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I use Ubuntu Budgie 17.04 I've done all the steps that you explain and nothing, I've tried checking the option "Execute as a program" and it runs but it stays "frozen" in the Terms Of Use Screen :Frown: Help

Captura_de_pantalla_de_2017-10-08_08-20-56.png

I Choose You!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I have an issue of my own:

[problem solved]

"./PROLinux64Entei.x86_64 -force-opengl" throws following error: Player data archive not found at `/home/.../PROLinux64Entei_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

[comments]

- I'm running Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty 64bit

- the game pops up for less then a second before closing again

- I followed the 4 steps mentioned in this thread | no success

- glxgears is running with around 2,6k fps | opengl support should be fine

- I found upper command in this forum thread: https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/pokemon-revolution-online-unter-ubuntu-14-04/ | apparently a dir or file is missing

- I have no data file in my games dir, even after downloading and extracting again multiple times | archive shouldn't be damaged either

[solution]

Actually this had nothing to do with the game. I had issues with my graphics card. The message "no player archive found" is no exception, only an informational print. It goes away after first game play. Dir creation at that point ;)

Hope this helps future players :)

m1l4

Got the same issues dude, how u resolve the graphic card issues ?

• 3 weeks later...

[problem solved]

"./PROLinux64Entei.x86_64 -force-opengl" throws following error: Player data archive not found at `/home/.../PROLinux64Entei_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

[comments]

- I found upper command in this forum thread: https://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/pokemon-revolution-online-unter-ubuntu-14-04/ | apparently a dir or file is missing

- I have no data file in my games dir, even after downloading and extracting again multiple times | archive shouldn't be damaged either

[solution]

Actually this had nothing to do with the game. I had issues with my graphics card. The message "no player archive found" is no exception, only an informational print. It goes away after first game play. Dir creation at that point ;)

m1l4

Hoooow?

I have the same issue here

game pops for less than a second and thats it...how you fixed?

[edit]

Thats what I did, and what it shows

jefferson@jefferson-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC ~/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux $ ./PROLinux.x86_64

Set current directory to /home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux

Found path: /home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux_Data/Managed'

Mono config path = '/home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux_Data/Mono/etc'

Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'

Logging to /home/jefferson/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution/Player.log

[problem solved]

[comments]

[solution]

m1l4

Hoooow?

I have the same issue here

game pops for less than a second and thats it...how you fixed?

[edit]

Thats what I did, and what it shows

jefferson@jefferson-HP-Pavilion-dv4-Notebook-PC ~/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux $ ./PROLinux.x86_64

Set current directory to /home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux

Found path: /home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux_Data/Managed'

Mono config path = '/home/jefferson/Downloads/PRO2k18Linux/PROLinux_Data/Mono/etc'

Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'

Logging to /home/jefferson/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution/Player.log

Did you solve the problem?

I Choose You!

• 6 months later...