Halloween Mapping Contest [2023]

• Administrator

image.png

image.png

It's the spookiest time of the year again, unleash the scariest parts of your imagination and create the creepiest maps you can!

REQUIREMENTS

There is only one requirement: make the map as scary as you can, giving it your best Halloween Feel/Vibe!

NEVER MAPPED BEFORE? NO PROBLEM!

Join our Official PRO Discord and check the:

• #mapping-introductions channel to find super cool text and video guides for beginner!
  • #map-showcase to get help from current staff-mappers and other users!

RULES & INFOS

• Maps have to be submitted here in this thread;
  • All maps submitted have to be between 60x60 and 100x100 in size.
    The PROEditor program must be used for the maps. The editor can be downloaded from here: PRESS TO DOWNLOAD
  • Current staff members (mappers), mapper apprentices and former staff (mappers) members are not allowed to participate.
  • For now only Windows users or people with access to a Windows OS can participate because the editor only works under Windows.
  • The maps have to be submitted as screenshots below this post by October 31st 11:59 GMT+0, no late submissions will be accepted or counted. The winners of the contest will be announced shortly after and prizes will be sent out.

PRIZES

1. First Place: Halloween Mawile (Untradeable) plus its Chroma-pack, wild battle conditions, 1x IV-locked Reroll
  2. Second Place: Halloween Mawile (Untradeable) plus a single Chroma of your choice, 1x IV-locked Reroll
  3. Third Place: 2x Soul-Bound Reroll, 1x IV-locked Reroll

Chromas: What are Chromas?

Chromas are cosmetics that change the color of a Pokemon.

Different forms have different Chromas which can change the color and some simple aesthetic features.

• Like 8

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

• Shinohara changed the title to Halloween Mapping Contest [2023]
  • Shinohara locked this topic
  • Shinohara unlocked this topic

My Attempt at a Quest break Sudoku Map.

Description: You are required to do 9 chain quests with 9 steps to get 9 different colored crystals to unlock the Sudoku Puzzle at the center of the map. These crystals are then used to change the map based default colored crystals that where not colored to the crystal color of your choice, if a mistake is made the only option is to reset the entire puzzle and start over.

image.jpeg.bd562450100f4122a56782e4a9288c85.jpeg

Edited by Doodskus
  • Like 5

THE FOLLOWING IS AN UNPAID ADVERTISEMENT FROM THE TOURISM BOARD OF SPECTRE TOWN

Welcome to the islands of the dead; Spectre Town. The town was struck down hundreds of years ago by a horrible flood that, to this day as you can see, only the highest parts of the town have remained as a set of islands.

Only recently, like in the last ten-fifteen years, have new settlers decided to call this place home; settlers of the hardy of nature and not-so-easy to spook. The settlers have turned Spectre Town into a location where they live side-by-side with some of the spirits of those who perished to the great flood.

Remains of some of the residents however can be seen deep below the depths, but don’t let that scare you; the residential spirits promise the remains aren’t theirs, but can you really trust a ghost?

What confuses even the spirits however is how some areas remained untouched; the forest in the top right corner and the large trees in the old town center, for example, a fantastic vision of how luscious the lands were, and the grass patches containing wild Pokemon a reminder that residents and Pokemon lived together in perfect harmony, much like the residents and spirits do now.

So why don’t you say hello to Nurse Joy and her trusty Chansey in the Pokemon Center, the ghostly shopkeeper in the Pokemart that somehow manages to control a cash register and give you items, and the residents themselves in their houses? And, to make your trip even more worthwhile, the resident Fortune Teller will be able to read your fortunes for you. How nice of them!

Spectre Town is open for visits at all hours; for the true experience though come at night where the spirits are at their most active!

(Entrant's note: the map was done to a 90x90 size if needed for clarification)

Spectre Town.png

Edited by Pthame
  • Like 4

Pumpkin Valley

Spoiler

60x60 Map. the town is half abandoned because a dungeon appeared out of nowhere. Map can be accessed from east, west and south. the idea is come from crater town, this map has its own hunting spot and a dungeon (area with obelisk tower), it also have some building (old dojo and old temple, can be used for quest). Not sure if its final, maybe will re upload if theres some change

image.png.5fd0037ff3bd17e69d37f75c8d3670d4.png

Walky Path

Spoiler

image.png.b7bb721ac2d08b76bc2cb69d9e2132b9.png

Edited by Lyn1311
  • Like 13

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the vast and adventurous world of our Pokémon  As you step into this digital realm, you'll discover a diverse landscape that spans from sun-kissed beaches, where the sound of crashing waves is your constant companion, to mysterious dungeons shrouded in the enigma of the unknown. But beware, for there's more than meets the eye. Hidden within the fabric of our universe lies a secret location, a place of untold mysteries and legendary encounters. Prepare to embark on a journey like no other, as you explore, train, and conquer in a world where the thrill of discovery knows no bounds.

soli_map_2.png.25af938ff97714d85ed7329fb7d1e416.png

Edited by Trainersoli
Image error reset
  • Like 7

This is my map for Halloween Mapping Contest.

It's been a few days since my little brother came home with his bike, I hope he's okay...

What could have pushed him to enter this forest ? He knows very well that we shouldn't go there.

We hear strange noises there at night and the atmosphere seems unnatural. Even pokemons have left this place for years.

No one dares to venture inside it to find my brother, I have to go alone.

Don't go there.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: This post may or may not (it definitely does) contain a cheesy amount of spooky enthusiasm and a fictional adventure into the mythical Underworld. Proceed at your own risk. 

🎃 WANTED: A HALLOWEEN HERO... 🎃

...To save our souls from eternal damnation.

(No pressure.)

THE STORY

"Return to me, my Queen ... or all beings in the Underworld will suffer the fury of my wrath." - Hades' 3am text to his wife. He's not at all dramatic. 

Persephone, Goddess of Spring, wife of Hades, and loving companion to Mega Clefairy, has blocked her husband on social media, fled to the Island of Eternal Spring, and has every intention of spending the spooky season watching anime, gaming and inventing new types of flowers (ones that bloom chocolate are at the top of her list). Dealing with her moody, broody husband? Not on her to-do list. 

But while Persephone is away, Hades is making every other soul pay. 

He's cursed the Land of the Lost, infected the River Lethe with fearsome monsters and has even captured Mega Clefable and is forcing her to sing him to sleep every eve (anxiety, yo). But worst of all?

Hades is threatening to turn off the wi-fi. 😱

Still, there's hope yet. 

The Wild Woods whispers tales of an ancient prophecy about a brave mortal trainer with the pokeballs to save them all. But only with the help of the Lost SpiritsSecluded Seer, Misunderstood Minotaur and Goddess of Spring will our humble hero have a chance in hell of defeating Hades. 

💀 THE UNDERWORLD 💀

Please click spoilers to reveal map and close-ups. P.S. The entrance to Hades' palace is via the Lighthouse. 

Spoiler

Full map:

image.png.72a4e4016743742bde92500e986c3b7d.png

Spoiler

Entrance to the Underworld with the Ferryman:

image.png.117ce39ec98b02a2bfa1168d8d3d4f09.png

Spoiler

Land of the Lost:

image.png.294a9ee7ef2a83f50c9dca011a4651d1.png

Spoiler

The Wild Woods:

image.png.a64f0b5cb4e812e6f8308054a00c3dcd.png

Spoiler

The Misunderstood Minotaur's Maze: image.png.87ba346b69db0d6ebbeb86e355555413.png

Spoiler

The Island of Eternal Spring:

image.png.2f6f11d6ba3ee465a5f4de7eb55c50da.png

Spoiler

The Lighthouse:

image.png.3066d36e7214be4b7bf8b8b8307db167.png

👻 YOUR HEROIC QUESTS 👻

• Gain entrance to the Underworld by paying the Ferryman with your soul ... or, if you're weirdly fond of your soul, you can always find and gift the ferryman with a special Houndour to keep him company on those long, lonely nights on the Underworld's spooky seas. 
  • Meet the haunted Lost Spirits and uncover the curse keeping them trapped in the Island of the Lost. 
  • Find and battle the River Styx's monsters to break the Lost Spirits' Curse. 
  • Journey into the Wild Woods to convince the Secluded Seer to share her ancient prophecy with you. 
  • Master the Misunderstood Minotaur's Maze.
  • Defeat Hades' minions (who've been ordered to battle first and ask questions later!)
  • Tame the Misunderstood Minotaur ... and maybe even convince him to become your new companion. 
  • Sacrifice of Berry of Bliss to Persephone in exchange for a key to the Lighthouse - but be careful, choose the wrong berry and Persephone's Queen of the Underworld side may show!
  • Repair the Lighthouse and bring light - and wi-fi - to the Underworld again. 
  • Battle Hades, rescue Clefable and return her to Persephone for a special, one-of-a-kind reward. 

So ... what do you think?

Are you the hero the Underworld has been searching for?

A fictional spooky season adventure by @Cassue 

Edited by Cassue
  • Like 2

First time mapping experience was crazy and so much fun! 

Right below there is my halloween map, i'll call it "Haunted Swamp". 

image.png.0d9c59be53049076595ad78f424f3c5d.png

Sadly i did it in a 65 x 65 format so it only suited well on the screenshot when i zoomed out a lot. 

Below i'll add the loactions on the map a bit zoomed. (just to have a better look on it, i hope i dont expose some "bugs")  😉

Spoiler

Oh, what this hole might lead to. 

image.png.6c2526eae065a2c5810092b4caae8d0f.png

Spoiler

image.png.f2a60c288d791883aecc79a20fabea46.png

Many people didnt survive swimming in this swamp. in the deep deep water there lives a dangerous creature. The lost soul of the people that lost their life here, are haunting in the abandoned shipwreck...

Spoiler

image.png.18756e2e9faa2e96dda4f30a67038247.png

A abandoned daycare that was once connected with a other city (via bridge) the fallen hero destroyed the bridge and the old man stefan dug a tunnel under the swamp to get to the other side and escape with his wife. They now life happy in vermilion city. 

Spoiler

A abandoned city... rumors say a faithful trainer once lived here. Sadly he turned to the dark side and destroyed everything. 

image.png.5960ff5c579bc2220615623899a58ab1.png

Edited by Harutaa
deleted a picture that shouldnt be there
  • Like 1