Lets talk about this economy.

Anonywish

1. 1.

As an MMO, this market's prices are dictated based on the supply and demand of every given hour. The prices that carry over are deemed reasonable by the buyer and seller until a better price becomes justified by the majority in some manner. Personally, I find this system exciting; yet extremely aggravating at the same time as a player VERY active within the Trade channel throughout every day for many of these hours. I get it, this economy varies very little in comparison to other MMO's without a system in place that allows accumulated bids over time with or without an automatic buy or selling point - those are not to be discussed. Nor am I suggesting this system in any way as the team has taken a stand against it until server stability is better guaranteed.

As a community, given the tools we have, how would you suggest to shape a better environment where both parties would feel the Trade was not only more accurate, but more fair as well? As it stands, everybody buys items/poke for 1K each and tries to sell it for 1M each (obvious exaggeration - you get it). Not only does this promote off topic comments within the channel frequently (despite being against the rules) but it discourages players such as myself the want to do a trade with anybody not in just the fear of losing significant monetary value; but for other reasons unstated and possibly considered irrelevant.

Overall, doing your research is never a valid argument here with such unpredictable factors. Yet, there must be a better way.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt buying pokes and selling them all based on the buyers and sellers perception and desire for the poke? So making a "fair" price is really not possible since it is based on a person's perception. Plus you can always hold the pokemon till someone buys it at your wanted price. Idk.

2wgyt5d.jpg

160380 As an MMO, this market's prices are dictated based on the supply and demand of every given hour. The prices that carry over are deemed reasonable by the buyer and seller until a better price becomes justified by the majority in some manner. Personally, I find this system exciting; yet extremely aggravating at the same time as a player VERY active within the Trade channel throughout every day for many of these hours. I get it, this economy varies very little in comparison to other MMO's without a system in place that allows accumulated bids over time with or without an automatic buy or selling point - those are not to be discussed. Nor am I suggesting this system in any way as the team has taken a stand against it until server stability is better guaranteed.

As a community, given the tools we have, how would you suggest to shape a better environment where both parties would feel the Trade was not only more accurate, but more fair as well? As it stands, everybody buys items/poke for 1K each and tries to sell it for 1M each (obvious exaggeration - you get it). Not only does this promote off topic comments within the channel frequently (despite being against the rules) but it discourages players such as myself the want to do a trade with anybody not in just the fear of losing significant monetary value; but for other reasons unstated and possibly considered irrelevant.

Overall, doing your research is never a valid argument here with such unpredictable factors. Yet, there must be a better way.

Well, this isn't a generalization, but a lot of people buy pokemon at a low price because of the amount of effort that the buyer has to ev train the pokemon and level it to 100 for them to sell it again (even though money is made during that process). If that isn't the case, prices of pokemon have been going up as time goes by particularly with more desirable pokemon. One of my old clan mates did come up with a sort of formula which I found useful when trying to sell pokemon although it may be a bit outdated https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5497.

The formula is in the exe link on the first post.

160388 Isnt buying pokes and selling them all based on the buyers and sellers perception and desire for the poke? So making a "fair" price is really not possible since it is based on a person's perception. Plus you can always hold the pokemon till someone buys it at your wanted price. Idk.

This.

Jinga.gif

Inferno BlaZe Join Us!

I think with regular items and Pokemon it is not needed but when it comes to items from the shop such as MS and other items it is a good idea.

The reason I say this is because I have noticed a increasing trend where players are buying MS cheap, only to sell it for 2-3 times it price just inflating the cost. In my opinion this is a very bad trend when it comes to shop items as it makes them unnecessarily expensive and less people will be buying said shop items which will hurt in donations eventually.

At first a ms was 120-130k now thanks to re sellers, you can look at 200-300k.

If the developers were smart they would put a fixed price on shop items or they will have a great chance to loose donations in the end because more and more people will be unable to afford a MS or another item as they require a greater amount of pokedollar farming.

160501 players are buying MS cheap, only to sell it for 2-3 times it price just inflating the cost. In my opinion this is a very bad trend when it comes to shop items as it makes them unnecessarily expensive and less people will be buying said shop items which will hurt in donations eventually.

It's just supply and demand, if no one will pay the prices, they'll have to lower them.

I don't see how it can affect donations though ?

The coin cost stays the same

ge6aLM7.png

160501 I think with regular items and Pokemon it is not needed but when it comes to items from the shop such as MS and other items it is a good idea.

The reason I say this is because I have noticed a increasing trend where players are buying MS cheap, only to sell it for 2-3 times it price just inflating the cost. In my opinion this is a very bad trend when it comes to shop items as it makes them unnecessarily expensive and less people will be buying said shop items which will hurt in donations eventually.

If the developers were smart they would put a fixed price on shop items or they will have a great chance to loose donations in the end because more and more people will be unable to afford a MS or another item as they require a greater amount of pokedollar farming.

isnt one of the problems also the lack of players that supply the ms? :P lately there is never a queue unlike before where u waited hour to log in. many ppl are leaving or waiting for hoenn and ppl who donate are less and less active. thats why ms went from 130k to 220k...the stable players left while the new ones are comming

160388 Isnt buying pokes and selling them all based on the buyers and sellers perception and desire for the poke? So making a "fair" price is really not possible since it is based on a person's perception. Plus you can always hold the pokemon till someone buys it at your wanted price. Idk.

theres a slight difference selling good useable pokemon for price that u evaluate it with, and then theres the trash pokemon called "epic" that ppl try to sell for 1mil, while its not worth 200 for the pokeball (while knowing it) and spaming trade chat with it for week, while making the real trade offers go up and up in chat windows till others cant see em ._.

160501 players are buying MS cheap, only to sell it for 2-3 times it price just inflating the cost. In my opinion this is a very bad trend when it comes to shop items as it makes them unnecessarily expensive and less people will be buying said shop items which will hurt in donations eventually.

It's just supply and demand, if no one will pay the prices, they'll have to lower them.

I don't see how it can affect donations though ?

The coin cost stays the same

Because of the higher price less people will be interested in buying MS, meaning less MS being sold. MS are bought because someone donated. If the requests for MS drop, so will the donations as people wont be able to sell them as much. It can break the market. Supply and demand aint got nothing to do with it as I can list several players that I know who have a habit of buying cheap and selling high, even using fake bids to make it look people are interested in it.

If you are a experianced player you may not be tricked by these shenanigans but new players are easily exploited by it.

160501 I think with regular items and Pokemon it is not needed but when it comes to items from the shop such as MS and other items it is a good idea.

isnt one of the problems also the lack of players that supply the ms? :P lately there is never a queue unlike before where u waited hour to log in. many ppl are leaving or waiting for hoenn and ppl who donate are less and less active. thats why ms went from 130k to 220k...the stable players left while the new ones are comming

theres a slight difference selling good useable pokemon for price that u evaluate it with, and then theres the trash pokemon called "epic" that ppl try to sell for 1mil, while its not worth 200 for the pokeball (while knowing it) and spaming trade chat with it for week, while making the real trade offers go up and up in chat windows till others cant see em ._.

No, it has nothing to do with fewer people playing. I added a few people who sell shop items on a regular base and while they will sell it to me for a normal price in public they refuse now because they are to worried about people simply reselling the items, costing them revenue.

Just look at trade, there are plenty of people looking to buy them but the problem is the higher resellers.

160380 Overall, doing your research is never a valid argument here with such unpredictable factors. Yet, there must be a better way.

how isnt it? lets say you find an adamant azurill w/ huge power, 29atk, 25def,27spe,1spatk,28spdef,31hp. pretty epic pokemon. now you can see how popular/good it is in pvp, and how rare it is by watching trade chat and looking on the forums and see what other ones sell for.