Lets talk about this economy.

Anonywish

1. 1.

You half sound like you're defending people basically scamming, yet arguing for a way to stop them.

The cost of membership is 100c, what happens after that is down to the player who bought it

What people want to charge for anything in game is their choice, buyers choice is whether to buy from them or not, I don't think there's any need for control, since there's no obligation at any point.

ge6aLM7.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160558 You half sound like you're defending people basically scamming, yet arguing for a way to stop them.

The cost of membership is 100c, what happens after that is down to the player who bought it

What people want to charge for anything in game is their choice, buyers choice is whether to buy from them or not, I don't think there's any need for control, since there's no obligation at any point.

Except that is not what is going on right now, if you payed attention to the trade channel you would see that. People are trying to make profit of buying and reselling store items. If you have never noticed that i suggest you pay better attention towards the trade channel.

Biggest problem is that people are selfish and only care about there own enjoyment and gameplay and they could give two shits what a broken economy can do with online games.

I don't ever use the trade channel, but from my last post, apart from the first line, the rest is pretty factual as in that no matter what's happening it can't be different, unless they've found a way to pay less than 100c, which would be a different issue entirely.

ge6aLM7.png

I don't read all comments but i do agree somes people abuse A LOT of 'new players' or 'innocent' people. And i don't even speak of fake 'auctions' or people who lie on the moveset :Cry:

After i agree somes pokes worth way more than others, but well, when i see 6m for a poke and i got better one for 350k... well ^^'

(I don't know if i can post somes 'names' of player who ALWAYS over price their poke, but i'm sure the community know them with the time (and i'm not talking over the 'fair price' those pokes are literraly 'bad' and doesn't worth 600k but a innocent / naive guy can buy it.. ))

Best to report players if they're doing anything unfair (assuming they're actually breaking rules)

But I also feel it's not hard to judge to at least to a degree if a price is too high, so a new player shouldn't struggle with it much.

I've never used trade, nor know much about stats, but I wouldn't go on there spending 500k on a low stat pidgey lol

There's only so much people can be protected

ge6aLM7.png

160567 I don't ever use the trade channel, but from my last post, apart from the first line, the rest is pretty factual as in that no matter what's happening it can't be different, unless they've found a way to pay less than 100c, which would be a different issue entirely.

I will try and explain it as simple as possible one more time.

Take my self for a example. I am a fequent MS/xp boost user. But because I am unable to buy them directly from the shop as I lack a paypall account I am depended on the trade channel and other players. Normally it would cost me 120-130k for a MS and around 30k for xp boost. Now its 200+ for a MS and around 50-60 for the boost. That is almost dubble in price. Normally you would explain that by supply and demand, a lot of people wanting one is a higher price. And as the need for it would drop so would the price.

However as we all know due to the lack of a android installer, unstable servers and the delay of Hoen the servers arent nearly as busy as they ones were and less people are playing.

So how come prices have almost dubbled then? Well if you would actually use the trade channel and payed attention in there you would of known that there are a serten group of players buying in said items only to resell them at a higher price. These are players that put a lot of hours into this game and are hard to compete with financially so its easy for them taking items at a slightly higher price and sell it for dubble the cost.

For me that means I would not buy xp boosts any more as i am a casual player and while i can easely make 200k a month. 60k for 3 days is just to much so as a result i would stop buying them, thus decreasing one being needed from the shop, thus one lesser donation needed.

Now luckely there some nice sellers out there still that do not join in with this bullshit and contiue to sell it to me for the normal cost.

However I am sure not all players are that lucky and as a result they simply wont buy a MS, xp boost or coins.

Shop sellers buy x amount of stuff and hope to sell that for ingame dollars if that becomes harder because less and less items are bought because of the increased prices they will stop donating as they will look for other means of a income.

I cant explain it any clearer then this about how player driven inflation for ingame shop items is a bad thing.

If no one buys them at their falsely inflated prices they'd need to stop.

I can't see devs controlling what people charge ingame for items that CAN be bought with coins, anyone's reasons or issues for not using Paypal doesn't fall onto them to rectify apart from adding other payment methods.

exp boost and ms are both optional, if anyone feels ripped off they don't need to purchase them.

Honestly, you've already said you know people who are causing the inflation themselves so the best bet would be to check the rules and report them if relevant, which that sort of behaviour usually is

ge6aLM7.png

Shop sellers buy x amount of stuff and hope to sell that for ingame dollars if that becomes harder because less and less items are bought because of the increased prices they will stop donating as they will look for other means of a income.

if reselling exp-boost and ms is an issue wouldnt it be an easy fix to implement a selling counter on those items? Like the one bought it from the shop can sell it, but noone else?

Well personally whether there are people deliberately increasing the price of MS by the buying and selling method, I have seen membership stay for quite some time at the 130k mark since perhaps Nov/Dec time, I understand why it was low however and I was happy with it being low because pokemon, even really good ones, were a lot cheaper back then. Now it seems to me like $5 if it stays at the 130k mark it is about equivalent to a decent level 100 24+ speed timid gengar. As much as I don't like people profiting from buying and selling MS, I think with the increase in the total amount of money in the game and now that good pokemon are becoming worth more, I'd very much like to see MS prices increase overall even though I have never sold membership to anyone to date.

As Zuper said I would also like to see the price go up for ms because at the moment I wouldn't sell it to anyone and I never have.

If you have a problem with the price go work for 5$ call your bank link your paypall and donate. I couldn't care less if a user bought ms from me for 200k and sell it for 400k because that means I'm stupid enough to do it in such a way. I will ask my price and if I'm satisfied not have a care in the world what happens to the rest of it. It's simple really, and I don't care how much time you spent collecting say 200k for ms because all you used was time, what I used was really money obtaining it.