Things i don't like in PRO

Blackdarkness

1. 1.

Guest DevXDroid
About getting level up:

Because, not all players are No Life. So, when these players get tired of difficulty, many of them will try to use some program to get benefit or given up of the game.

Like happened in PCO, and this ruined the game.

A easier game (to lvl up) will allow more people get a strong team, and this may reflect a more difficult and better "guild war".

^ That. The currently leveling system is very reasonable and there's no problem if a lot of people get access to Lv.100 Pokemon, it just means that these guild wars will be a lot more balanced / fun.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DevXDroid
About getting level up:

Because, not all players are No Life. So, when these players get tired of difficulty, many of them will try to use some program to get benefit or given up of the game.

Like happened in PCO, and this ruined the game.

A easier game (to lvl up) will allow more people get a strong team, and this may reflect a more difficult and better "guild war".

^ That. The currently leveling system is very reasonable and there's no problem if a lot of people get access to Lv.100 Pokemon, it just means that these guild wars will be a lot more balanced / fun.

There was a lot in this thread to reply to, so forgive me if this seems to be rambling.

To the OP, you need to understand that while yes the story line might be easy, the story line wont be why people play this game so making everything an overly monotonous grind will hurt this game badly and drive players away. The true end game for most the people who play this game will eventually be competitive PvP which is going to be a grind in of its self without breeding.

PvP is constantly being worked on. Our main focus is PvP and the Pokedex. Pokedex part wont be easy and it is the most important part of the storyline.

Items like TM's, berry's and held items that are given through the story and are essential to end game play need to remain as is, but should be renewable through quests, Pokemon held items or by being traded for items you can grind out such as Heart Scales, Mushrooms, Pearls ect.

Berries are renewable, Held items are always there to be obtained, and luxurious items are there as well. I even made trade system for them. And above all there is a interaction between players in the form of trading. I am failing to understand your point here.

That being said, yea its an MMO and things shouldn't just be given and I can see your side, but not to the extreme I think you're suggesting. It would make this game too much of a grind and I can assure you it will be enough of one even without your suggestions.

There are things to be given a lot easier than others. Can you expand a little about extreme suggestion? I made items different rare, not every item is same rare. You also have moves that works with held items such as stealing it from opponent.

To Red/Shane

TBH the P2W potential with the way some things are set up is pretty substantial. exclusive Pokemon, or Pokemon that spawn more frequently for some and not others creates a supply and demand that is more easily met by players willing to donate. If the game has a currency that can be exchanged player to player I dont see this as much of a problem though. A big issue PokeMMO had was that they implemented the trade of Pokeyen way too late and the community created a pseudo-currency in its place which made for a terrible market when they decided to try and push the new currency. Then by further making their shop items sell-able it gave those players who could buy them an easy way to make a lot of money quick. It also made the development team a lot of money, which while can hurt the game over all and turn people away, you cant fault them for cashing in on their product. I know their white-knighting hat maker, as sad as he is, works hard on those hats and deserves the just desserts for them.

Exclusive Pokemon or rather, Exclusive maps are places where some Pokemon can be found if user is a member. Most of those can be found by non-members at some other place. Trick here is that non-member is not given say two of the exclusives on the same map, unlike member who is given. Meaning, non-members are also able to find same Pokemon but on different location. There is also another thing that I made for non-members and that is ability to gain Coins without even donating at all. All it needs is a decent and balanced effort put and it might sometimes happen as a bonus. Given their coins, they are able to get membership from them. Their newly obtained MS is same as MS of a donator.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

Also, is the in-game cash earned from NPC's exchangeable between players?

Yes, it is.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

I haven't read every post in this thread. But let me tell you that it is very important to keep things accessible for players. Especially once this game establishes a competitive community there shouldn't be a huge grind bridge between casual player - comp player. Competitive players will also be one of the most loyal players these sort of games can have. If it takes more than a few hours to make one comp pokémon you are already in a loss. Keep in mind that some people can only devote a few hours a week to this game; aka have a life.

Well nobody wants a level hundred pokemon just after grinding 2 or 3 hours (if someone wants then they should probably play simulators) but making the grind more difficult would be meaningless and as far as i know by playing the leveling scale is good (it dint bore me, and everyone has life but some like to devote to games that doesnt mean they dont have life)

Jinga.gif

Inferno BlaZe Join Us!

I haven't read every post in this thread. But let me tell you that it is very important to keep things accessible for players. Especially once this game establishes a competitive community there shouldn't be a huge grind bridge between casual player - comp player. Competitive players will also be one of the most loyal players these sort of games can have. If it takes more than a few hours to make one comp pokémon you are already in a loss. Keep in mind that some people can only devote a few hours a week to this game; aka have a life.

Well nobody wants a level hundred pokemon just after grinding 2 or 3 hours (if someone wants then they should probably play simulators) but making the grind more difficult would be meaningless and as far as i know by playing the leveling scale is good (it dint bore me, and everyone has life but some like to devote to games that doesnt mean they dont have life)

Using level 100s is kinda non sensical scaling down to 50 like in VGC is fine. You don't have to worry there are hundresds of comps that can be made. There will be multiple tiers (OU, UU, NU, RU) and formats like Doubles and LC. Imagine that you also need multiple of the same Pokemon but with different natures/moves/spreads and you are easily sitting on over 400 pokes.

It doesn't mean level 100 is non nonsensical , it ultimately depends on players how to battle, yes there are tiers but this also depends on players whether they want to play not based on tier rules or play based on tier rules, yes there are natures/moves/spreads but this isn't you average game where you play for week defeat the boss and go try another game, it's a mmo so hunting of pokemon with different nature, grinding all comes into play for long run, and for mmo everything shouldn't be easy (Grinding).

Jinga.gif

Inferno BlaZe Join Us!

There is a good possibility he doesn't really know what competitive play is or how long it takes to be able to makes the pokes necessary to do it. Its something that worries me about this game because the general competitive knowledge of this community so far has been very lacking, this has included some staff members Ive talked to, but only time will tell. From what I've read and the things that have been brought up in general conversation, the competitive game hardly seems like much of a concern at all. It seems to be "What can we do to make the story line relevant and more challenging" which is fine, but for those of us who find the story mode of these games to be, for lack of a better term, boring; we are going to have to suffer through multiple regions and more difficult game play just to be able to, in our eyes, actually start playing the part of the game that we like to play.

Something I really wish they would consider, is varied difficulty settings at the beginning of our quest. Normal for just the cannon levels and AI, and maybe a medium and Hard. Stagger NPC and wild spawn payouts by your difficulty level so that those who choose to take the extra time to go through the story at a higher difficulty are rewarded for the effort.

Last part can't be done in MMO's because it's all connected storyvise and the bonuses will be a lot better way early than those are supposed to be awarded.

I think you don't realise that the staffers haven't got any connection to your competitive play except, competitive play is being made by the community and staffers just fix the broken parts that they make.

We're just making the gameplay better in order for you to make pvp ranked battles awesome.

P.S: Don't suffer the regions, don't go into them.

Last part can't be done in MMO's because it's all connected storyvise and the bonuses will be a lot better way early than those are supposed to be awarded.

I think you don't realise that the staffers haven't got any connection to your competitive play except, competitive play is being made by the community and staffers just fix the broken parts that they make.

We're just making the gameplay better in order for you to make pvp ranked battles awesome.

P.S: Don't suffer the regions, don't go into them.

Im kinda forced to access them, otherwise I limit myself on what Pokemon I can catch. Sure I could trade with other players to find what I want, but I would miss out on TMs and other story line items by NOT doing it, so that really isn't an option.

Sure but pokemon belong to their respective regions. I mean, we can put some of them into different regions, but we can't do them all. That would be overcrowded as hell.

Blame handhelds for that.

Its something that worries me about this game because the general competitive knowledge of this community so far has been very lacking, this has included some staff members Ive talked to, but only time will tell. From what I've read and the things that have been brought up in general conversation, the competitive game hardly seems like much of a concern at all. It seems to be "What can we do to make the story line relevant and more challenging" which is fine, but for those of us who find the story mode of these games to be, for lack of a better term, boring; we are going to have to suffer through multiple regions and more difficult game play just to be able to, in our eyes, actually start playing the part of the game that we like to play.

To add onto what has already been stated by WarGreymon, PRO's battling system will be by far it's most enhanced feature and will be more advance than any other pokemon mmo, which is why staff isn't currently concern with the competitive aspect. The focus at the moment is on adding more content in order to go live. This doesn't mean we have a lack of knowledge on competitive play. We know competitive will be huge, but the tiers,clauses and such should be decided by the community. When the time is right we will have enough end game content for everyone no matter your preference.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I agree on some of the things being written here.

I like competitive battling, but im more of a Troll Artist, i.e i like using pokemon that annoy people :P

anyway onto my point. Some people seem to be gliding over my previous posts because i said that most pokemon will be able to be catchable by all, only a few are member exclusive, and the majority of those people will be able to obtain from prior evolutions etc.

Regarding inkay, we've discussed about the possibility of it's evolution being an android exclusive (since phone/tablets have the necessary hardware to emulate what the 3DS does) thats not about trying to spread the platform usage, thats literally a hardware dependant aspect that we'd like to keep. (players who dont own an android can still trade theirs over to someone who does, and vice versa)

I dont like grinding 100s of hours to level pokemon, or anything. some peoplke find it fun. good for u :) but i dont. which is y on average it takes 12-15 hours to get a lvl 90+ team (which isnt too bad). we have several high level areas ingame already. But what will really make PRO shine is the implimentation of extra things past all of the regional stories etc. we will have endgame content, and a significant amount too. all the time i personally add stuff that requires pokemon lvl 100 to even access. A couple of the catchable legends even will have huge playtime restrictions (so legendary players will be able to embue their status with the chance to get a legendary pokemon);

No, Lugia will not be catchable. ive already had 1 player leave because of that, so if anyone thought they might be able to theyre out of luck. We will have complex and sophisticated quests for the chance to catch a legend such as articuno, or raikou, but not ones such as mewtwo, lugia.

Legends arent for newbs, and will be treated as such :)

We will also have other things for endgame players to do, such as Boss Battles, there will be NPC versions of Staff members (this is not an egotistical thing, its just easier than coming up with just random NPC types) that players will find around the various regions, and these will offer good prizes, even potentially mega stones.

Any other questions regarding content then ask me :)

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.