How to Add Images/Photos to Forum Posts.

Shamac

There are many services that you can use to upload your photos, and some may relate to your country only.

Be aware that if photos are deleted from their host website they will no longer work in a post, as the image will no longer exist. Some hosts also periodically clear images that receive very few views - so some of your images may be lost over time.

These are the homepages of the three most-used services:

ImgurLightshotGyazo

You can find How To's for each of these at the bottom of this post.

○ Uploading to forums.

1 At this point you will have the direct link to the image you want to upload.

If you do not know how to find the direct link for an image, scroll down to find the service you are using to find a guide on how to get the direct link.

2 The next step is to integrate it into your post.

You can go ahead and copy paste your direct link straight into your post, highlight it, then press the Image button OR press the Image button first, then copy paste your direct link between the brackets (If you know the code, you can also go ahead and type this in manually).

The image button is highlighted in red:

071c0ff8aae4981a85559891fcaadf92.png

3 Simply submit your post, and your image will have been added.

A correctly linked image will look like this whilst in the post creation area:

bd2f27abfce0ddff5e85ac6c498dc8a5.png

An incorrectly linked image will appear like this:

If you find this happening, you have given the URL of the image domain - not the Direct Link.

ca21d1519da6af4aa6d83a9190a4fcae

○ How to use Imgur.

Imgur is the only one of these services in the guide that doesn't require a download, there are a few more steps and you will need to do them every time you want to upload an image. You will also need an image or a screenshot you have already captured.

1 Visit the Imgur Homepage. At the top of the page you will find an option to upload images:

a3a40f69ba5fe3efcd60a0e308866a94.png

2 When you click the Upload Images button you will be presented with an upload screen. You can either drag and drop from the file location, or find it manually via browsing your computer.

Here you can see I've already begun the process of uploading one image, you can tick the box under "Edit" if you'd like to enter the edit screen before uploading. I'm happy with my image so I won't be editing it.

Click "Start Upload" to begin uploading.

a46872a569672c0225952a9bae846bfd.png

3 Now you've uploaded your image you will come to the image page. to progress you need the url of the image (not of the image page). To find the url of the image, drag and drop the image into the browser search bar, or find it to the right of your image - this is highlighted in red.

05a79d848acd9f70da6784cb3a609bdd.png

○ How to use Lightshot.

There is already a useful guide on how to use Lightshot so I won't show that in this post.

It can be found here:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/10699-url/

○ How to use Gyazo.

Gyazo is my personal favourite, since once it's downloaded, I can also use it to capture screenshots and resize them. There is also a handy draw feature which is nice for highlighting certain points.

1 After you've downloaded Gyazo, it's useful to put it in a place with easy access - such as locking it to your dock/taskbar. Simply click the Gyazo Icon and it will allow you to screenshot an area. Just click and drag to size.

20df4023c98e7db3ea6890da6bc8e444.png

2 A few seconds after taking your screenshot with Gyazo, it will automatically open a link in your browser in a new tab. Here you can select options to Delete, Draw, Share and Copy Link.

Select Share as shown in red:

Another option here is to simply click and drag the image into the browser search bar.

77bca8f84f5fb297dc3f1fb8ac2c32ca.png

3 Again, like Imgur, we want the direct link for the image to upload properly. So select that here and get it ready for copy & pasting.

f38f8f1607045ccaba71de52f6a7ca6f.png

Contributor: Daeon (Creator), Shaui

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this guide - looking forward to more forum guides, as well :y: .

Tinypic is another one I used to use many years ago and still holds up today for even the most rookie coders.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

• 3 weeks later...
219522 What if I don't have enough posts to share links?

Visit Player Introductions, introduce yourself - say hello to a few people! This is good way to both integrate yourself in the forum community, and bump your post count.

Just make sure you're not spamming. :Grin:

219522 What if I don't have enough posts to share links?

Visit Player Introductions, introduce yourself - say hello to a few people! This is good way to both integrate yourself in the forum community, and bump your post count.

Just make sure you're not spamming. :Grin:

Doesn't matter anyway, turns out I was clicking the wrong button for images --> af1d27959bb04003a36bdc783d4e7c1a.png

Instead of the right one --> e7c0f0013a3e4212a9549c528f5d1e29.png

I hope nobody else makes this mistake haha.

Hi i got Scammed by a guy whos Ingame name is Beever10 I haven't got the Trade screenshot or the chat because i needed to search for some help to make a screenshot after i watched a tutorial after this

I wanted to evolve my lvl 75 Kadabra into a Alakazam and i trusted him so i thought its ok and i was wrong he said he had after the trade Problems with the Internet and left the game i freaked out a little first i thought he was a nice guy but yeah.

I wanted to give him 20 k for that because he needed a bike and said e only got 43k so i wanted to help him out because im a nice guy and then whops he just bullshitted me

I know i have done a big mistake to not taking a Screenshot but i hope someones just can help me to get it back i spend like 3 hours for nothing and im very sad about it because i just tried to beat the Pokemon League

PS: I really hope someone can help me to get my kadabra back its not like its much but i just wasted so much time on it

Thanks for reading :)

220205 Hi i got Scammed by a guy whos Ingame name is Beever10 I haven't got the Trade screenshot or the chat because i needed to search for some help to make a screenshot after i watched a tutorial after this

I wanted to evolve my lvl 75 Kadabra into a Alakazam and i trusted him so i thought its ok and i was wrong he said he had after the trade Problems with the Internet and left the game i freaked out a little first i thought he was a nice guy but yeah.

I wanted to give him 20 k for that because he needed a bike and said e only got 43k so i wanted to help him out because im a nice guy and then whops he just [Censored] me

I know i have done a big mistake to not taking a Screenshot but i hope someones just can help me to get it back i spend like 3 hours for nothing and im very sad about it because i just tried to beat the Pokemon League

PS: I really hope someone can help me to get my kadabra back its not like its much but i just wasted so much time on it

Thanks for reading :)

Hello, this is in the wrong area of the forums. Please post this here under the correct server:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=70