Focus Sash Poll - to make it not consumed in PvP

Zinsmiter

Should Focus Sash be changed to a non-consumed item in PvP?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Focus Sash be changed to a non-consumed item in PvP?

• Yes
    • No

This game is missing a lot of PVP tactics/moves/items, and focus sash is one of them. No one is going to make a PVP setup that has a poke which requires a focus sash to operate because its impossible to use them in PRO PVP. ...Because you only get like a few every 2 weeks (if you are lucky), and once you use your few, your poke will be useless. In other games and on showdown they are an actual tactic because you can use it in every battle.

For example, I use focus sash Nasty Plot Lucario on showdown but i can't do that on PRO because focus sashes aren't a consistent option on PRO, even if you are the richest player on the server you can't do it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Atritol

In a game where they do not exist: the choises items, life orb, Rocky Helmet, among others.

Where you have: expert belt, glasses wise, eviolate. but they are bug ...

You have the focus sash in perfect working order, but do consumable.

I honestly do not understand ...

Please reconsider this for pvp.

Include a rule of 1 per team focus sash. :Light:

i totally agree on the point that focus sash SHOULDNT be a consumble. First of all there are only a few Pokemon which are using Focus Sash in competive play as an Item so changing the item wouldnt change that much, BUT it would increase the variety of pokemons used. It would open up some more teamoption without having the trouble to buy/grind new sashes every hour. On the other hand focus sash isnt an "OP". It's really not. The afford to get this item isn't in balance with the use/power of the Item. I know that PRO isn't a battle Simulator and i know that PRO can't be directly compared to the regular series, but limiting the currently few existing/working pvp Items by making focus sash an consumble Item isn't the best/right decision in my opinion. I think that the game should differentiate between grinding and the PvP aspect. Once you grinded for your perfect PVP mon's and your team of choice you should not be limited further by making focus sash an consumble or any other rare PvP item.

Guest LiquidSnakeK

Please don't make them permanent cuz then my 100+ focus sashes will be useless T_T But seriously, it's sad the amount of TIME needed to collect a decent am

• 1 month later...

Wow, I wasn't aware of this and I totally agree. It doesn't make any sense. Any of the arguments said in the first 1-2 pages don't even justify it at all. Focus Sash is NOT an OP item. A sweeper with high offensive power and low defenses might rely on it, but all it requires is carrying a priority user in your party, or having entry hazards etc.

If Focus Sash was as OP as it was thought to be by the staff of this game who decided to make it consumable, it would've been used left, right and center in the official games and simulators but that is not the case. I rarely ever see it used, that means the opponent rarely ever has is or has the opportunity to use it.

Also, please stop raising the "this is an MMO, you need to grind" argument for every single thing. If you make everything a grind, players won't have the time to actually play the game you've spent so much time creating the mechanics & design of. Find the balance.

I vote Yes. This shouldn't even be a discussion.