upgrade the graphics

Nguyenphuc283

1. 1.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35919 hello evreybody, i wonder, can you upgrade the graphics for pokemon revolution online ?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you're expecting a transition to a 3d experience which matches the current-gen Pokemon games, that isn't on the current to-do list.

but it will be soon to-do list in the future??

35919 hello evreybody, i wonder, can you upgrade the graphics for pokemon revolution online ?

no

its taken me 13 months to get the current tileset we have, either through community based means, or through my own fingers (Yes, i made a lot of the tiles). We will definitely not be upgrading to gen 6 tiles. since they arent tiles, rather 3D mesh objects. 3D mesh objects have been used since Gen 4, however u could flatten them out easily.

so we wont be updating graphics for tiles now, or even in the future

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Actually a tile graphics upgrade wouldn't be THAT difficult. I mean comparatively to other upgrades. You increase the size of the tile files to double, so every tile would have 4x its original size. It shouldn't take much to redefine the game how to get the tiles from the tile file, so it would build the map form bigger files. Then all you have to do is to redraw the tiles. To be honest it wouldn't be difficult as we're talking about simple shapes and graphics, nothing too complex. It is a lot of work, granted, but it's only time consuming and not otherwise difficult.

I was thinking about applying for the artist job myself, and this would be my first thing to work on, but I know that I won't have the time in the next half year to spend ~20 hours a week working on the game, which this game would need and deserve.

The same is true to the Pokemon sprites as well. It wouldn't take too much time to use the Gen 5/6 (not animated) sprites and it would add a lot to the game, but it is time consuming to do it.