Power Shift to Buyer from Sellers in Trade Auctions

Guest LiquidSnakeK

1. 1.

Except you cannot view before and after post edits. This makes moderation powerless in those circumstances. That is the exploitable gray area.

If a buyer screenshots the post, regardless of any future edits, they have proof of the description they used to decide whether to buy or not, any screenshot software like Puush makes screenshots fast and easy if someone's going to be taking them often

ge6aLM7.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

248364Why is the seller allowed to create his own rules for trades?

One day you enter a shop, select a tasty apple you like, you decide you want to pay 1$ for it even if it costs 1.5$. Then you go to the kassa, you have to pay 1$ for it but you forgot your money home, so you leave it there but you ask the worker to keep it aside for you and that tomorrow you buy it.

While walking home, you find another shop. HEY! An apple costs 0.5$! I'm gonna buy it and screw the other shop. The other shop was kind enough to keep it aside for you even if they could have sold for 1$ to the guy after you in line, but you made a deal so they kept it for you. Now the guy after you, since he couldn't buy it from them, found a new one. You never showed up, they have to throw the apple away or sell it for 0.3$ since it's half rotten and it's market value dropped.

Can something like this ever happen? No. Why? Because shop have their own rules.

You pay for the product or sign an agreement you will pay it. You cannot break that agreement.

These rules are there to avoid complete chaos. The buyer can NEVER have such power, otherwise no shop would be able to sustain itself.

It's a stupid example but summarize the problem here. What you all do not get is the pokemon is NOT yours, someone else caught it and he decides for how much or how he wants to sell it (as long as it follows PRO rules).

Are you not happy with it's price? [glow=red]Do not buy it.[/glow] Are you not happy with the fact you have to wait 24hours bid for it (aka pre-order in real life, or ebay)? [glow=red]Do not buy it.[/glow]

I can assure you if all the things you mentioned get introduced, PRO admins can aswell close the Personal Shop section because nobody is ever going to put a pokemon over there.

While simultaneously saying that the BUYER CANNOT retract a bid, and that they will be seriously punished for doing so.

Can you bid 50$ for a Computer on Ebay while you have 30$ in your pocket, and you just hope that during the auction you are lucky enough to get the remaining 20? No, because if you fail at doing so, you obviously pay the consequence but the buyer ended up wasting ALOT of time and other possible buyers.

I have a shop myself and have dealt with hundreds of people, trust me it happens ALOT!

[glow=yellow]This Thread was made because YOU want MY pokemon at YOUR price and YOUR conditions. Sorry mate, not gonna happen. Not in PRO, not in real life.[/glow]

Even though in game if someone states an INSTA and you offer said price, they are obligated to sell it to you even if SOMEONE OFFERS MORE.

I fully agree with this. This is the protection buyers REALLY need. If you go all-in on a product, you get it. End of discussion.

1 - Trade posts that are unable to edit without trade-mod permission (the post have to be reported by the OP for a t-mod to edit it out. I.E. : Pokemon 1 has been sold, edit it out.

Absolutely agree with that too.

I can taste and small the salt about many buyers in the first part of your post. And im sure for good reasons.

But it was discussed about some rules/possibilites to make it more fair for the buyer and the seller. The prob a few ppl here have is that not everyone is doing justified rules if they sell smth and the buyer is often in a disadventage cause of this.

No one ever said (or i missed it) that it would be ok to bid on smth if u dont have the money for it. And its also not ok that u buy smth and in last moment u changed your mind. I sold once smth in trade chat and two of the "buyers" did exactly this. xd And...

250773 I have a shop myself and have dealt with hundreds of people, trust me it happens ALOT!

...makes me even more believe, that it was a good idea not to do a shop. Once i tought it was the best and easiest way to trade in PRO. But after some feedback (esp from u^^) i was sure its a bad idea, haha.

The thing is all the hundred ppl who act stupidly as a buyer are selling stuff from time to time, too. With their own stupid rules. And if u are not fast enough with detailed and good evidences, cause they acted against the PRO rules, well bad luck.

And i can imagine that its not easy to code a well-working auction house and meanwhile we are forced to deal with this "grey unsecure area". I like the quoted suggestion from deathwing a lot. Also sounds like a much easier and faster solution to implement. Would be at least a first step in the right direction. :)

No one ever said (or i missed it) that it would be ok to bid on smth if u dont have the money for it. And its also not ok that u buy smth and in last moment u changed your mind. I sold once smth in trade chat and two of the "buyers" did exactly this. xd

Exactly what I mean, how do you know the guy has no money for it? And it's just 1 example. Having my set of rules prevent these kind of players to even consider bidding on my stuff and make me waste tons of GAMETIME (it's a game!!! I want funnnn).

That's all it is about at the end of the day, they are scared 'omg if i fakebid im gonna get banned, im not doing it' and i get to deal with people that are REALLY interested.

And again, i'm against certain sell methods (as in 'starting price is X, no time, no insta, good luck bidding) and i even changed my own format on my shop to something more buyer-friendly, but at the end of the day they are all my pokemons so if you don't like my rules you can hit the Back button and find it elsewhere :Grin:

Oh and don't get me wrong, if the whole community decides for some other type of trade rules i'm on board, i will simply pull the plug on my shop and keep them beauties for myself :Grin: Not a problem at all!

Guest LiquidSnakeK

And again, i'm against certain sell methods (as in 'starting price is X, no time, no insta, good luck bidding) and i even changed my own format on my shop to something more buyer-friendly, but at the end of the day they are all my pokemons so if you don't like my rules you can hit the Back button and find it elsewhere :Grin:

Oh and don't get me wrong, if the whole community decides for some other type of trade rules i'm on board, i will simply pull the plug on my shop and keep them beauties for myself :Grin: Not a problem at all!

You sound extremely salty for someone who doesn't seem to be putting ridiculous rules on his shop... This thread was not at all made because I want to buy pokes at MY price lol The entire point apparently went right over your head. You seem to be an alright person, not sure why you are so passive aggressive :Angel:

Problem is why are players allowed to set their own rules to begin with? For instance, you can have a lemonade stand here in California, but guess what? You have to have a permit for it. Guess what else? You have to meet certain food safety regulations in order to operate, even then, you will probably be shut down because the lemonade isn't being properly refrigerated. My point being, they are allowed to set one up, but need a permit, but are allowed to set what prices they want.

Sellers here are not particularly regulated until ONLY recently. Where a few shop threads were changed as a direct result of this post lol There is far too much gray area in forum trading that needs to be addressed.

(I understand an auction house is the absolute. But this is only in reference to forum trade threads.)

And again, i'm against certain sell methods (as in 'starting price is X, no time, no insta, good luck bidding) and i even changed my own format on my shop to something more buyer-friendly, but at the end of the day they are all my pokemons so if you don't like my rules you can hit the Back button and find it elsewhere

You sound extremely salty for someone who doesn't seem to be putting ridiculous rules on his shop... This thread was not at all made because I want to buy pokes at MY price lol The entire point apparently went right over your head. You seem to be an alright person, not sure why you are so passive aggressive :Angel:

Problem is why are players allowed to set their own rules to begin with? For instance, you can have a lemonade stand here in California, but guess what? You have to have a permit for it. Guess what else? You have to meet certain food safety regulations in order to operate, even then, you will probably be shut down because the lemonade isn't being properly refrigerated. My point being, they are allowed to set one up, but need a permit, but are allowed to set what prices they want.

Sellers here are not particularly regulated until ONLY recently. Where a few shop threads were changed as a direct result of this post lol There is far too much gray area in forum trading that needs to be addressed.

(I understand an auction house is the absolute. But this is only in reference to forum trade threads.)

I'm not salty i'm just very direct :Grin:

I just believe people can do whatever they want with their own pokemons, simply because it's a game.

As i mentioned multiple times you just simply move onto another shop if you dont like some rules or if the guy you would be dealing with seems shady. It's really that easy!

That said, again it all has to follow PRO rules, and in order to do that i realize having fixed instant prices or a precise time limit for an auction are kind of mandatory to ensure the gray area becomes either black or white.

Have a great day, all of you!

I do have one question that I'm sure the majority of buyers on these forums can at least acknowledge.

Say someone is selling a pokemon, they have no insta, and lets assume they have no time limit as well for the duration of the auction. If people are bidding, and bidding, (serious bidders I might add), and the seller is refusing to simply add an insta, or even START the auction to begin with, can't this be considered time wasting? Since the seller may claim he intends to sell the pokemon, but won't sell it unless some unnamed price is met. IMO this indeed falls under the rule where an "intent to waste time" is definitely being used. The seller probably plans to sell it, but won't even have the courtesy to at LEAST put his start offer at a price he is willing to consider.

Sure the owner is not required to sell a pokemon should the price not be satisfactory, but at the same time all these people bidding without having an insta price or even a TIME for how long the auction would last are just blindly bidding. Instead they just had all their time wasted for days on end simply because the Seller states in his "Rules" that he doesn't have to take an offer if it doesn't meet his standards. Let alone even start an auction if that same threshold isnt met.

The way these play out makes it seem as if buyer's time is insignificant. If they don't want to "waste time" they can go elsewhere, which I stated before, is subjective. Since considering the market for some rare high value pokes is not very large, there isn't much places for us to go to purchase them.

I definitely see where you're coming from on this, and it certainly is an issue. We'll have some discussion on how we feel it's best to proceed, then we'll let the community know our plans and how we think to implement it. Thank ya'll for being awesome!

mM8upD5.gif

[glow=magenta]I am but a humble Former GM / Moderator.[/glow]

[glow=magenta]Do not PM me for ban concerns. I will either ignore or just delete them.[/glow]