Notepad C++

Guest Isaac

Notepad++ is one awesome software but not something pushed by the educational system. However, for what you want to do you might want to consider Adobe Dreamweaver if you want to do html/php based stuff. If you want to do basic C++ program than visual studio 2015 community edition will just do fine. It's free. Notepad does not offer any sorts of debugging and whatnot.

As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be.

176321 Notepad++ is one awesome software but not something pushed by the educational system. However, for what you want to do you might want to consider Adobe Dreamweaver if you want to do html/php based stuff. If you want to do basic C++ program than visual studio 2015 community edition will just do fine. It's free. Notepad does not offer any sorts of debugging and whatnot.

Great suggestion.

Back in my schooling days we learned the basics solely through the default Notepad doc's with little C++. Shame they do not expand development for the wee lads nowadays, really.

(24) Badges / (12) OT Shiny / (0) Life

• 2 weeks later...

I would reccomend you to use an app designed specially for coding as it is more user friendly for coding.

If you want to use the c++ language then you should use clion or visual studio (would reccomend clion more).

If you need help on setting a compiler and a debuger I can help you with that.

173830 It encourages a lot of bad practices.

For instance:

using namespace std;

Namespace std isn't a bad practice locally as after some time it becomes a drag to write std:: all the time. (not saying globally so you know)

And look at the date of the post.

Using namespace std can create problem if you use names for your variable that are used by the language or a librairy.

I would not reccomend using it. Unless you know the language and your librairies pretty well.