[Event] PRO Summer Event

Ehkoe

275103 hi all:)where is the mt summer area?:)

Hi, when you're in the forest, there's a path north-east leading to the village, and there a path north-west leading to mt. summer exterior/exterior 2 (depends on the team you're ally with); keep following the path and you'll end at mt.summer ^^

275110 what do you mean? where do you farm it?

There are 2 different maps "mt. summer exterior", one with water pokés (if you helped team aqua) and one with fire type pokés "mt. summer exterior 2" (if you're with team magma); also, the 2nd has lava lakes whilst the 1st mainly has regular lakes x) But they're both in the same "map spot", so you can't farm both Mudkip and Torchic during the event

275219 Team magma is asking me to find 8 stones in the cave, but I didn't even found one of them? Help? :p

This guide should help you

275235 Have any requirement to battle with two bosses in vulcan islands ? ( 6 pokemon lv 100...) I have completed team aqua quest and received the clothes and the hat.

I bring a team with 3 pokemon level 100 but they don't want to battle with me :Frown:

Can't say, I brang 6 lvl 100 and could battle them just fine after that quest ^^ Perhaps even playtime requirement; but yeah, try with 6 lv100

275238 I need help i can't get out of the cave where find i the gems i have no rock smash with me

But.. How did you get in in the first place, then? .-.

And you don't have any escape rope, do you? You can still battle someone and lose or even a wild poké and disconnect in order to get back to the last pokécenter you visited

EDIT: I might have been mistaken with the other cave and the rocks with the ghosts in them; my bad, then. :D

i helped team aqua.

Big thanks to Auras for that sig!

20hrbfa.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, and I hope you are all enjoying this event as it's ongoing. :Grin:

It's only duly that I announce that in response to an epidemic of lag and various bandwidth-logjamming issues caused by the Challenger Rick script, it has been revamped in favor of optimizing performance and ultimately staving off the amount of Summer Points that were lost. While much of this revamp boiled back-end optimization of the script, I also had to re-methodize the script to use different, server-friendlier functions; this ushers in new limitations as to what Pokemon you can submit and when, as expounded on below.

Initially, Rick would accept any Mudkip or Torchic obtained after the juncture the first task was started and use the Pokemon-unique ID to discern whether or not it's already been submitted; in an ideal world, that method is perfectly workable to allow players to maximize their Summer Points payouts without resubmitting the same Pokemon, but in its practical application, it was far too taxing on the server. Too many potential Summer Points were dissipated due to NPCs freezing from bandwidth logjams wherein the Pokemon-unique ID was successfully registered yet it would not proceedingly execute the coding that rewards Summer Points, so many Mudkip and Torchic ended up rewardless as such.

The paradigm has been reworked to only accept one Pokemon per task period; this means that if you obtained multiple Torchic/Mudkip between your last task's completion and the current one's completion, you can only reap Summer Points for one of them since the next task will stipulate that you must capture the next Pokemon after the previous task is complete. The obvious downside to that is that if you're lucky enough to obtain multiple Mudkip/Torchic during the task duration, it'll be limitedly rewardful since only one will be accepted; as such, it'd be advisable to submit a Mudkip or Torchic as soon as you obtain it.

Apologies for any prior inconveniences caused—including those affected by the spasmodic lag spikes—and any points that have been lost. Unfortunately, we can not reimburse Summer Points that were squandered from NPC freezes. We would like for them to be compensable if feasible, but therein lies the problem; it isn't, because even through the greatest power of deductive reasoning, we lack the tools to ascertain whether or not you were deprived of points and what Pokemon lost them.

We hope you will all continue to enjoy the event. :Grin:

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Hey n_n

I did "recovered" the points I have lost. See the "" hehe

What i did:

I found a sixth mud (five were used the last day, but the last didn't counted)

So i talked to Rick right after that, and the dialogue had changed, like explained above.

And then I wondered "and if I show the other mud that didn't counted instead this new and lesser iv one?" (122 that i lost yesterday x 70 something of the sixth).

Before, the mud that didn't counted was being considerd as "seen" by Rick. But since the mechanics of the quest had changed, I tried this. And it works!

The mud of yesterday who didn't been counted, now did it.

I think this is usefull only if the mud you've lost was worther than the new one. Nonetheless, the sixth was dumped. At least I got the higher iv, and could use the missed one.

Thanks for fixin it n_n

275328 Hello, and I hope you are all enjoying this event as it's ongoing. :Grin:

The paradigm has been reworked to only accept one Pokemon per task period; this means that if you obtained multiple Torchic/Mudkip between your last task's completion and the current one's completion, you can only reap Summer Points for one of them since the next task will stipulate that you must capture the next Pokemon after the previous task is complete. The obvious downside to that is that if you're lucky enough to obtain multiple Mudkip/Torchic during the task duration, it'll be limitedly rewardful since only one will be accepted; as such, it'd be advisable to submit a Mudkip or Torchic as soon as you obtain it.

Do we have daily limit to submit mudkip/torchic ? I tried to submit the one that i just caught today, but when I choose the "I Caught a New One" , Rick said that "You've already submitted 5 Pokemon to me today, I am afraid; that is the daily-maximal quota for doing my challenge"."Try again tomorrow". It didnt even let me choose the torchic that i caught. I think it is my 1st or 2nd torchic today.

275328 Hello, and I hope you are all enjoying this event as it's ongoing. :Grin:

Do we have daily limit to submit mudkip/torchic ? I tried to submit the one that i just caught today, but when I choose the "I Caught a New One" , Rick said that "You've already submitted 5 Pokemon to me today, I am afraid; that is the daily-maximal quota for doing my challenge"."Try again tomorrow". It didnt even let me choose the torchic that i caught. I think it is my 1st or 2nd torchic today.

That is correct; a 5-Pokemon daily quota is imposed, which will preclude you from submitting anymore Pokemon until 24 hours have elapsed since the juncture you submitted your fifth Pokemon--when the timer actuates. It may be the first Torchic that you've tried submitting "today" (with respect to semantic ambiguity), but it sounds like your fifth one from the last batch was submitted within the past-24 hours.

Whether or not this limitation should stand, however, is another question.

The current quota exists as a holdover from the entire framework's inception in the 2015 Halloween event wherein Pumpkin and Duskull IVs were liquidated into Halloween Points; that has been transposed to the diametrical Mudkip and Torchic Pokemon in this event and has only been re-examined and revamped recently.

While Duskull and Pumpkin were congruously thematic to the event, the fact is that they were relatively common enough that the 5-Pokemon quota was needed to curb an otherwise-excessive stream of Halloween Point payouts; that is not the case with Mudkip and Torchic, as both seem to be much rarer.

Since they take on a different complexion, a different purview must be adopted and thus I'll seriously envisage deregulating--if not completely removing--the daily limit when considering how hard it is to hunt this event's cream-of-the-crop Pokemon.

Also, as an informative reminder: the new Torchic you caught will count when submitted later, however, because even if you need to wait for their submissibility, the fact is that the date has already been registered when submitting the fifth Pokemon and thus those caught after that juncture will still count for the task when redeemed for points.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

guyss i used escape rope when i finished fighting magma lader and now that the volcano is flooded with lava i cant retun and finish quest plss some1 help me i cant finish magma queest nor cant take the quest again pls gm s reset my quest orr make it so iff

we use escape rope to restart quest again im stuckkk :thanks:

276115 guyss i used escape rope when i finished fighting magma lader and now that the volcano is flooded with lava i cant retun and finish quest plss some1 help me i cant finish magma queest nor cant take the quest again pls gm s reset my quest orr make it so iff

You only need to go back to the Mt. Summer 4F, a Magma Grunt should be waiting for you there..

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

That is correct; a 5-Pokemon daily quota is imposed, which will preclude you from submitting anymore Pokemon until 24 hours have elapsed since the juncture you submitted your fifth Pokemon--when the timer actuates. It may be the first Torchic that you've tried submitting "today" (with respect to semantic ambiguity), but it sounds like your fifth one from the last batch was submitted within the past-24 hours.

Whether or not this limitation should stand, however, is another question.

The current quota exists as a holdover from the entire framework's inception in the 2015 Halloween event wherein Pumpkin and Duskull IVs were liquidated into Halloween Points; that has been transposed to the diametrical Mudkip and Torchic Pokemon in this event and has only been re-examined and revamped recently.

While Duskull and Pumpkin were congruously thematic to the event, the fact is that they were relatively common enough that the 5-Pokemon quota was needed to curb an otherwise-excessive stream of Halloween Point payouts; that is not the case with Mudkip and Torchic, as both seem to be much rarer.

Since they take on a different complexion, a different purview must be adopted and thus I'll seriously envisage deregulating--if not completely removing--the daily limit when considering how hard it is to hunt this event's cream-of-the-crop Pokemon.

Also, as an informative reminder: the new Torchic you caught will count when submitted later, however, because even if you need to wait for their submissibility, the fact is that the date has already been registered when submitting the fifth Pokemon and thus those caught after that juncture will still count for the task when redeemed for points.

Ah i see, i thought that the daily reset of a fixed time i.e 00.00 server time, but it is depends on the 5th pokemon submitted instead. Really thanks for the info. :Grin:

276115 guyss i used escape rope when i finished fighting magma lader and now that the volcano is flooded with lava i cant retun and finish quest plss some1 help me i cant finish magma queest nor cant take the quest again pls gm s reset my quest orr make it so iff

You only need to go back to the Mt. Summer 4F, a Magma Grunt should be waiting for you there..

ok only negavtive effect is that i can only go to mt summer 3f 4f i cant advace cuzz the lava stops me from advancingg soo what can i do i cant continue to f4 unless the lava dissapears