Because we don't live for PRO, neither we live in PRO

Jahus

I suggest that some random aspects of the game get changed.

1. Starters

We keep starters all our journey, some would like to keep them forever, because we're attached to them, but once we learn about nature and stats, most of us are deceived. For this reason, instead of getting a totally random Pokemon when we choose a starter, we can get it of "good" nature (I don't say correct nature because Pokemons can be played in different ways, but the generator can pick among some natures -- if not, consider making them neutral nature) and acceptable Individual values (IV); here again, I don't ask for perfect 6x31, but considering starters aren't caught in the wild (cf. anime) but are result of breeding, they might be better (a higher probability to get IV close to 20, a lower probability to get IV close to 1).

2. Wild Pokemons

Because we can't seriously "live" and farm for a good Pokemon (> 20 IV); which may take 2 or 3 days, considering we might never get any satisfying specimen, and because there's no breeding to raise the overall quality of the Pokemons we get, I suggest the same IV generation system as for starters (cf. 1st suggestion); in other words: make good IV (> 15) more likely to appear, and bad IVs (< 10) super rare. Why not? Would it break the economy? Really? I don't think so. We will just spend less time hunting, and more time playing. Because 2 days of my life aren't only worth 5$, and even if – for some reasons that bring us down and make us spend so much time in a virtual universe –, we can start valuing our time a bit more.

3. Synchronize and wild pokemons

And to complete the IV amelioration for wild encounters, I suggest that Synchronize success get raised to 75% instead of staying at the actual value of 50%. Rare Pokemons are rare enough, why adding an additional hardness layer and make sync fail 50% of the time? Just imagine youself spending 4 hours farming for Bagon at Meteor Falls. You might get 4 bagons, or 5 only; maybe less (I know rates are kept secret but we aren't totally dumb and we can do our own stats). Among those 4 bagons, 2 will might get the correct nature, and the actual mean for the IVs is 15... that means you might have spend 4 hours farming (and not doing anything else valuable for your life) for trash. But yeah... people start selling trash for 500 k$ on Red server...

4. Send a mod to trade chat to regulate Membership price; because actually, I considering selling Membership medallion for 650 k$ is a scam (i.e. a week of your life playing this game for 4 hours a day minimum, gathering money, i.e. a minimum of 2 weeks daytime work for 5 IRL dollars)... be it sold to a noob or an ancient player, it's scam, and a devaluation of our lifetime.

These are just ideas. Being realized or not isn't a deal breaker, but it would free up some of our time, and let us play more. Because yeah, it JUST A GAME.

Tired of the greed.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SugarRed9
295311 I suggest that some random aspects of the game get changed.

1. Starters

Instead of getting a totally random Pokemon when we choose a starter, we can get it of "good" nature (I don't say correct nature because Pokemons can be played in different ways, but the generator can pick among some natures -- if not, consider making them neutral nature) and acceptable Individual values (IV); here again, I don't ask for perfect 6x31, but considering starters aren't caught in the wild (cf. anime) but are result of breeding, they might be better (a higher probability to get IV close to 20, a lower probability to get IV close to 1).

2. Wild Pokemons

Because we can't seriously "live" and farm for a good Pokemon (> 20 IV); which may take 2 or 3 days, considering we can never get any satisfying specimen, and because there's no breeding to raise the overall quality of the Pokemons we get, I suggest the same IV generation system as for starters (cf. 1st suggestion); in other words: make good IV (> 15) more likely to appear, and bad IVs (< 10) super rare. Why not? Would it break the economy? Really? I don't think so. We will just spend less time hunting, and more time playing. Because 2 days of my life aren't only worth 5$, and even if – for some reasons that bring us down and make us spend so much time in a virtual universe –, we can start valuing our time a bit more.

3. Synchronize and wild pokemons

And to complete the IV amelioration for wild encounters, I suggest that Synchronize success get raised to 75% instead of staying at the actual value of 50%. Rare Pokemons are rare enough, why adding an additional hardness layer and make sync fail 50% of the time? Just imagine youself spending 4 hours farming for Bagon at Meteor Falls. You might get 4 bagons, or 5 only; maybe less (I know rates are kept secret but we aren't totally dumb and we can do our own stats). Among those 4 bagons, 2 will might get the correct nature, and the actual mean for the IVs is 15... that means you might have spend 4 hours farming (and not doing anything else valuable for your life) for trash. But yeah... people start selling trash for 500 k$ on Red server...

4. Send a mod to trade chat to regulate Membership price; because actually, I considering selling Membership medallion for 650 k$ is a scam (i.e. a week of your life playing this game for 4 hours a day minimum, gathering money, i.e. a minimum of 2 weeks daytime work for 5 IRL dollars)... be it sold to a noob or an ancient player, it's scam, and a devaluation of our lifetime.

These are just ideas. Being realized or not isn't a deal breaker, but it would free up some of our time, and let us play more. Because yeah, it JUST A GAME.

The thing is, the price for ms being raised is not a scam.The seller has a right to name a price that he thinks is fair for the good. It's also simple economics following the law of supply and demand (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand). If you don't like the price of something, simply don't buy it from them. Eventually if more people follow suit, the seller will have to lower his price to make a sale. The thing I see is a lot of people are impatient and will buy the overpriced things right then and there, but just like in real life one must be patient to get a good deal^^

295315 It's simple economics following the law of supply and deman

I know what supply and demand is; and it's why I said "regulate the price" and not "fix it". Regulating, in this case, means keep an eye on people who tend to set the price too high, and regulation is part of any real life economy. In most of the countries, if you start over pricing, you get in trouble.

The aspect of a MMO game is time. The more time and grind you put into it the more rewarded you are. It can be frustrating when you cant dedicate all your time into PRO and it's annoying, I know that feeling but that's what makes a good player good. No matter how "retarded" some features are, people still get awesome pokemon. That's just called being good at an MMO game, or just got lucky. As for starters though, I'd like to agree for us to be given at least 10-15 IVs on each stat and a specifiec nature, because as it is now, PRO might too non-newbie friendly. As for membership, the more it's wanted the more the price is going to go up, that's economy.

[center][/center]

If you think a week of your life is worth more than $5, you can get on the other side of the deal, and start selling MS instead of buying them. And once enough people start selling, the price will drop naturally. The only reason it's being sold at 500k currently, is because there are people out there that are willing to buy it for 500k, it's very simple supply vs. demand situation.

And the reason why epic pokemons are very hard to catch, is because the game does not want the pvp battles to consist of epic pokemons only. If anything, I would suggest increasing the difficulty of catching epic pokemon, because if you look at the legit pvp players, they only use EPIC pokemons, and there are a lot of them out there. The pvp in this game is supposed to be different from ShowDown, and not consist of all perfect/near perfect pokemons.

Starters having better nature/iv than wild will only cause trouble. You will see a very high increase in the use of starters in pvp battles(because some people doesn't have the patience or leverage to hunt for other good pokemons), and it becomes a "meta", that's not what we want.

3sJBaVY.gif

295318 I know what supply and demand is; and it's why I said "regulate the price" and not "fix it". Regulating, in this case, means keep an eye on people who tend to set the price too high, and regulation is part of any real life economy. In most of the countries, if you start over pricing, you get in trouble.

It's a player ran market. Therefor, staff will not intervene and regulate prices. If you don't want to spend what the seller is asking then don't; the seller will eventually lower their prices if no one buys.

However I do think that PRO needs some more money sinks. The Focus Sash seller is a good start as it means PvP players will be putting their money elsewhere and thus will have less to spend. This will slowly lower the prices of both Pokemon and items; such as MS.

3aTirvj.png

Check out PRO's Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/FdtDfG4

I know what supply and demand is; and it's why I said "regulate the price" and not "fix it". Regulating, in this case, means keep an eye on people who tend to set the price too high, and regulation is part of any real life economy. In most of the countries, if you start over pricing, you get in trouble.

So what do you want to do for those people who set the price too high, ban them? They have the right to sell them at ANY price they want, if people think the price is high, he won't get any deal. It's not scam, it's getting the most out of the deal. If you are on the other side of the trade, and are selling MS instead of buying, why the heck would you sell for 450k if you know for sure you can sell for 500k, or if you are patient enough, maybe even 600k? From what I can see, this post is just someone whining about overpriced ms, while too cheap to spend $5 to buy it.

3sJBaVY.gif

295318 I know what supply and demand is; and it's why I said "regulate the price" and not "fix it". Regulating, in this case, means keep an eye on people who tend to set the price too high, and regulation is part of any real life economy. In most of the countries, if you start over pricing, you get in trouble.

It's a player ran market. Therefor, staff will not intervene and regulate prices. If you don't want to spend what the seller is asking then don't; the seller will eventually lower their prices if no one buys.

However I do think that PRO needs some more money sinks. The Focus Sash seller is a good start as it means PvP players will be putting their money elsewhere and thus will have less to spend. This will slowly lower the prices of both Pokemon and items; such as MS.

I definitely agree on this, more money sink not for regular players, but for pvpers. Sell things like berries, focus sash, maybe charge 1k for each pvp match, etc.

3sJBaVY.gif

So what do you want to do for those people who set the price too high, ban them? They have the right to sell them at ANY price they want, if people think the price is high, he won't get any deal. It's not scam, it's getting the most out of the deal. If you are on the other side of the trade, and are selling MS instead of buying, why the heck would you sell for 450k if you know for sure you can sell for 500k, or if you are patient enough, maybe even 600k? From what I can see, this post is just someone whining about overpriced ms, while too cheap to spend $5 to buy it.

What I see is someone that actually cares about the game and gives some suggestions to begin with. About the suggestions, I'm not totally against them, however, none of them would be ever implemented to PRO since as you can see others are not too happy with it and PRO is just PRO...

I definitely agree on this, more money sink not for regular players, but for pvpers. Sell things like berries, focus sash, maybe charge 1k for each pvp match, etc.

Lol, yeah, let's charge 1k for each wild encounter too now, great idea!