A dedicated group against botters...

Miyamotokenshin

Hello everyone,

Since the staff is... understaffed, the risk of botters rising up again, even if only a bit, is not something unthinkable.

To counteract against that, even if only temporary, i would like to suggest the setting up of a dedicated player group, handpicked by staff itself from loyal players who have proven themselves, in any way advantageous for the community, with the purpose of hunting down and eliminating any and all bots that might stick their ugly head up or even worse, might still be hanging around.

The game's economy has suffered enough under the financial rampage the bots have caused and it's about time we get rid of every single one of them.

A wanderer... is not always lost...

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thats not gonna be much difference than you just report them. Staff won't give you power to ban anyone, because it will be easily abused. So what end up happening is you find a bot, you tell the staff and they ban, so there's no difference than just report it on the forum.

3sJBaVY.gif

305679 Well, thats not gonna be much difference than you just report them. Staff won't give you power to ban anyone, because it will be easily abused. So what end up happening is you find a bot, you tell the staff and they ban, so there's no difference than just report it on the forum.

I'm sorry, it could be that you read right over this line from my post:

"handpicked by staff itself from loyal players who have proven themselves, in any way advantageous for the community"

Specifically meaning people who would NOT abuse this because they are deemed trustworthy enough by their actions/dedication to this game as a non-cheating/botting player, helping others out.

Also, the only ones who should know who the bothunters are, if this idea is actually executed properly, are the hunters themselves and the staff. Which makes abuse easily found out. Think of it as a group of Royal Assasins.

This would also provide an extra deterrent against any incentive to use bots.

Or just maybe, PRO staff could look into coding a PRO variant of Punkbuster and/or similar anti-cheat/bot scripts? Or just bluntly into dissecting the bot programs themselves bit by bit? Datamine all the bot scripts files for research and create additional security scripts/steps accordingly?

Sorry if i sound a bit extreme with my ideas in the last bit. But i just want all botters outta here and barred from entry as good as possible :boot:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7298&start=1210 Chronos <3

305690 congratulation to all botters, you guys are fuc..ing this wonderful game.

look at the economy, it's sad.

Some ppl told me that there a discord group to share bot... (...)

if u use it or know a friend that use this [Censored], you are a big loser.

Feels so tempting to infiltrate them, uncover their ign identities and report them as soon as the last one reveals himself... :devil:

305840 Or just maybe, PRO staff could look into coding a PRO variant of Punkbuster and/or similar anti-cheat/bot scripts? Or just bluntly into dissecting the bot programs themselves bit by bit? Datamine all the bot scripts files for research and create additional security scripts/steps accordingly?

That's exactly what they did a few month ago(or something similar) to ban the 3k botters in the first place. It's very very easy to detect and ban bots, but it's hard to do so without disrupting regular play. With what you are saying, you can pretty easily mis-ban, think of if you ban 1 user for every 500 bots you ban, now you have to deal with tons of bots that attempt to appeal with the 1 user buried within them. Who's gonna tell the difference, and who's gonna deal with all the appeals?

You need a 100% accurate way of detecting bots, even 99% accurate is not enough because it's potentially harmful for the actual players.

That's what happened to the Antiban classroom, they got rid of it because they have too many people whining about disrupting normal game play, while it's actually the best way to detect bots without putting too much human effort into it.

3sJBaVY.gif

tbh this is not a problem atm in...the problem is the RIP SERVER...a lot of people quit and waiting if something new...did u miss the waiting for qeue* (rip my english)

but now see how many online on each server?? i didnt mean anything...

so if the other are left so only botters are the only people left on each server?? like in blue..RIP BLUE we miss waiting for some mins before we can enter the game