A dedicated group against botters...

Miyamotokenshin

306265 I appreciate the idea of a dedicated group for hunting down bots. Even if staff can't give it the power to ban, they can give it the power to send bots to Antiban Classroob. Also, staff can recruit players they know won't abuse of this power.

Of course, I would like to be one of the hunters as I hunt bots and report them when I'm bored.

306262 I still don't get how you can understand when a players is human or a bot... how?

It's pretty simple. They don't do anything else but farming money. What is the purpose of a player with membership, turning around in route 18 with a lv. 100 Pokémon for 3 hours or more? Also, when you contact them, either they don't answer or you find their messaging disabled.

Also…

Even if the staff don't give the group these powers, we can still hunt and report them. We can share tips on how to identify them, where to get them, etc.

hey who says we have to wait for staff now we can start a forum or something to recruit people who would be dedicated to make pro a better place :) a matter of fact i might start one rght now :Smile:

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2FibG9hZC5kZS9pbWcvbmlja3o1YThxLnBuZyJ9.KG40FVikvJIM4qyypUMWM7ysaOE?width=400&height=200

[glow=red]"In this world,where ever there is light - there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be loosers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."[/glow]

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

306268 Making forum posts about this unfortunately is also advertising it, and might cause more harm then good.

Exactly, now we have our happy newbee players, came on the forum, saw this thing called "bots", google it and now we may have happy newbee bots. The staff should lock and remove all bot related topic from forum.

3sJBaVY.gif

306299 Exactly, now we have our happy newbee players, came on the forum, saw this thing called "bots", google it and now we may have happy newbee bots. The staff should lock and remove all bot related topic from forum.

..or, they will know that they will get easily banned.

Omertà is never the answer.

306306 ..or, they will know that they will get easily banned.

Everyone using bot knows they will get banned, eventually. That's why they don't bot on their main accounts and create 20 bot accounts instead, then pull all their bot money to main account. That way you can never get rid of the main account behind all of this.

3sJBaVY.gif

The best way to catch bots is not through banning the bots, but through monitoring trade history and find the main accounts behind the bots. PRO keeps a history of each trade(as far as I know) and why not take advantage of that? I can easily build a web app that seeks out trades where one account(botter main account) gets consistent money traded with multiple other accounts(bot accounts). And instead of banning the 10-20 useless bot accounts, you ban the main account once and for all. I can build that in less than a week and give it to pro staff for free, if the pro-developer can create a stored procedure to feed me the trade history(I don't actually need the trade history, just the stored procedure and parameter formats). The best thing about this? There is no client side change that needs to be made, they will never see it coming. :Shy:

But first thing is first, we need to get the population back up before mass banning more bots. The next thing you know, the game is left with 100 people each server after another mass ban.

3sJBaVY.gif

This topic is one of many. We have our measures to take out bots and their main. It's non of players business, we're happy if we get reports and ofcourse checking players if they are suspected. Anyways, as i said it's non of the players business. I'm locking this to prevent further spread of this. Do not talk about Botting in public forum, the chance that someone will change from bot to a legit player is almost 0, but the chance of a player becoming someone who uses Automation Software is bigger.

Locking all bot related topics with this reason.

faggots_sig.png