A dedicated group against botters...

Miyamotokenshin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DavidBowie

setting up a group with special access or benefits would take more effort than you would expect. if the handpicked players are so trusted, that time used on managing that group or making a temp group specifically for them is better spent on just hiring + training them as staff instead

305867 so if the other are left so only botters are the only people left on each server?? like in blue..RIP BLUE we miss waiting for some mins before we can enter the game

Indeed, it's weird to say, but I actually miss the queue, that just means there are a lot of players playing the game.

Queue Was gone after they opened yellow server , nothing to do with the quitting of the last week.

305880 Queue Was gone after they opened yellow server , nothing to do with the quitting of the last week.

Nope, still got 50-200 queue at peek hours when we opened Yellow. Then school starts, the queue is completely gone. But yea, it has nothing to do with the mass quiting of staff last week. If anything, it's the other way around.

3sJBaVY.gif

Thats why they havent added something new or fixed broken moves/abilities etc , cause theyre too busy ''hunting'' bots and making stuff to stop them instead of adding new stuff, for example the AMAZING 5% EXP that we just got. If only they put that effort on all broken moves,abilities,or new updates im sure we could be playing in Kalos region by now.

305880 Queue Was gone after they opened yellow server , nothing to do with the quitting of the last week.

Nope, still got 50-200 queue at peek hours when we opened Yellow. Then school starts, the queue is completely gone. But yea, it has nothing to do with the mass quiting of staff last week. If anything, it's the other way around.

yah there was..yellow started i just wait 500 before enter in blue

305840 Or just maybe, PRO staff could look into coding a PRO variant of Punkbuster and/or similar anti-cheat/bot scripts? Or just bluntly into dissecting the bot programs themselves bit by bit? Datamine all the bot scripts files for research and create additional security scripts/steps accordingly?

That's exactly what they did a few month ago(or something similar) to ban the 3k botters in the first place. It's very very easy to detect and ban bots, but it's hard to do so without disrupting regular play. With what you are saying, you can pretty easily mis-ban, think of if you ban 1 user for every 500 bots you ban, now you have to deal with tons of bots that attempt to appeal with the 1 user buried within them. Who's gonna tell the difference, and who's gonna deal with all the appeals?

You need a 100% accurate way of detecting bots, even 99% accurate is not enough because it's potentially harmful for the actual players.

That's what happened to the Antiban classroom, they got rid of it because they have too many people whining about disrupting normal game play, while it's actually the best way to detect bots without putting too much human effort into it.

giphy.gif

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

306262 I still don't get how you can understand when a players is human or a bot... how?

As a former GM myself, its pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Catching bots (among the variety of bots since all of them operate differently) require knowledge on how each of them act in various circumstances.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

I appreciate the idea of a dedicated group for hunting down bots. Even if staff can't give it the power to ban, they can give it the power to send bots to Antiban Classroob. Also, staff can recruit players they know won't abuse of this power.

Of course, I would like to be one of the hunters as I hunt bots and report them when I'm bored.

306262 I still don't get how you can understand when a players is human or a bot... how?

It's pretty simple. They don't do anything else but farming money. What is the purpose of a player with membership, turning around in route 18 with a lv. 100 Pokémon for 3 hours or more? Also, when you contact them, either they don't answer or you find their messaging disabled.

Also…

Even if the staff don't give the group these powers, we can still hunt and report them. We can share tips on how to identify them, where to get them, etc.